What is the Sagen Faery?
They are a race of faeries that are extremely close to the earth. They derive their power and life from absorbing energy from the things around them. They give and take their breaths of life from the plants, water, animals, insects and humans around them. When adopted by a human they have a true give and take relationship with their keeper. Because their energy is derived from their keeper it is absolutely important that the keeper?s diet adhere to earthen foods. To keep your faery in tip-top shape so that they may share their positive and abundant energy with you it must first be agreed that you are a healthy-eater. Vegans and those wanting to change their diet to a healthier alternative for weight loss or to see an increase in their physical, mental and emotional help are prime candidates as keepers for the Sagen Faeries.
What is the diet?
This is the most difficult commitment but if you are willing you will have rewards beyond your wildest dreams. As with all things it is important to discuss the diet with your primary care physician to be sure it does not interfere with any existing health problems you have. If you can make the commitment to become a healthier eater you will become a healthier person in all aspects of your life. The diet consists of:
* Fruit - Any fruit- such as apples, bananas, pears, oranges,
grapefruit, raisins, pineapple, mango, kiwi fruit, strawberries,
raspberries, blackcurrants, nectarines, peaches, melons, etc. These can
be fresh, frozen, dried or canned in natural fruit juice.
* Fruit juice - Squeezed yourself, juice from the store (as long as it is 100% and is "pure" and/or "unsweetened"), fruit smoothies made in the blender from fresh fruit, etc.
* Vegetables - Any vegetable- such as carrots, onions, turnip, sprouts, cabbage, peppers, mushrooms, corn, peppers, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, salad, tomatoes, cucumber, etc. These can be fresh, frozen or canned in water without added salt.
* Beans and lentils - Any beans- such as red kidney, haricot, butter, black eye, pinto, red lentils, green lentils and brown lentils, etc. These can be dried or canned in water.
* Oats - sprinkle oats over fresh fruit or use to make porridge, sweetened with honey and fresh fruit
* Potatoes - all types
* Brown rice and rice noodles
* Rye crackers, rice cakes and oatcakes
* Fresh fish - Any fresh fish- such as cod, mackerel, salmon, lobster, crab, trout, haddock, tuna, prawns, halibut, lemon sole, monkfish, swordfish etc. They can be fresh or canned in water.
* Unsalted nuts - Any nuts- such as Brazil, peanuts, almonds, cashew, hazel nuts, macadamia, pecans, pine nuts, pistachio, walnuts, etc
* Unsalted seeds - Any unsalted seeds- such as sunflower and pumpkin
* Plain popcorn - without sugar or salt
* Live natural yogurt
* Extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
* Garlic, ginger and fresh herbs
* Ground black pepper
* Water - at least 30 ounces a day. Tap or mineral water is fine. It may sound like a great deal but it is easiest if broken into 8 ounce servings (approximately 4 servings). You can buy small water bottles in 8 ounces form to make it seem less of an undertaking. * Herbal or fruit teas - add only honey to sweeten.
What about my dairy and red meat?
Moderation must be stressed drastically in this case. For the first two weeks the Sagen faery is in your home it is recommended you abstain from eating any form of red meat and digesting anything such as cheese and milk. Supplements for these can be found in any pharmacy. If it must be part of your diet then after the two weeks drink an 8 ounce glass of skim or 2% milk in the morning. If you must eat red meat limit yourself to one 6 ounce serving of red meat a week.
What about soft drinks? Absolutely no soft drinks, not even if they are diet. If you must drink a soft drink the only acceptable ones are ginger ale and root beer. Do not drink more than one a week.
You must avoid these foods to feel the full potential of the Sagen faery, to make yourself healthier and reap the rewards:
* Red meat, chicken, turkey and any meat products like sausages, burgers, and pate
* Milk, cheese, eggs, cream
* Butter and margarine
* Any food that contains wheat including bread, croissants, cereals, cakes, biscuits, pies, pastry, quiche, battered or breadcrumbed foods, etc.
* Snacks including salted nuts
* Chocolate, sweets, jam and sugar
* Processed foods, ready meals, ready-made sauces, etc
* Coffee and tea
* Sauces, pickles, shop bought salad dressing, mayonnaise
* Fizzy drinks, including diet versions
The list above is full of foods that will irritate your faery and will limit the results you see from the faery. Limiting yourself to one serving of a food from the forbidden list a week is not completely terrible however it can lead back to bad habits and therefore some of them such as soda, salt, alcohol and coffee should be eliminated all together.
Remember, you are inviting a Sagen faery, a creature that breathes the energy and life of the earth into your home to share the rewards of a healthier body. Eating processed foods, salt, soda, red meat, birds, etc. are things that would never be part of their diet and therefore is poisonous to them. If you can limit your intake of forbidden food to one serving per week it would be a mild irritant to them but you must make the commitment to yourself and your faery that it would be only once a week.
If you decide to bring a Sagen faery into your home you will be provided some meal ideas for your new diet. Of course as you learn you will come up with your own delectable combinations!Tags: fairy diet, sagen faery