Crossing Over/Going to the light my thoughts what are yours?

TransientShadows
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0

I do believe that there is a correlation between a spirit's ability to cross over and how they passed. but if they were happy and loved in life woudn't they still cross over rather easily despite passing tragically and /or untimely? Perhaps it has more to do with the notion of unfinished business and whether or not there was any before they passed.

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

People who are taken suddenly don't always realize they are dead.
Those who pass after a lengthy bout with illness often lay in limbo until they awaken. Ditto anyone with a violent death, or a coma victim.

Some don't want to leave family behind. Mourning keeps the soul grounded to this realm.

Most people do stick around for their own funerals, just to see who shows up.

When the person is ready to go on to the next realm, they shed their etheric (energy) body. What is left is an astral shell. It contains the memories that person had. These are the hauntings that are seen but never interact with people.

Masters have a etheric body that burns away completely before they pass on, fully conscious and in short order.

Elisabeth Kubler Ross has written a number of books, and she is considered the world's formost authority on death and dying.

However, the Theosophical network and the Bailey material both support the 'viewpoints' posted above.

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

there is a Tibetan practice on 2 levels:
1st : making certain mental preparations to be able to leave your body and go into the Intermediate State Between Life & Death and Death and Life
2nd: The actual instructions on how to do this. These instructions are so simple and easy, that, NO, I will not write them out.

Also there is the attainment of the Rainbow Body where you no longer need a body and can manifest as you chose AND in multiple manifestations.

Also, there is the Near Death Experience. My cousin Carl experienced it about 4 years ago, and I experienced it 43 years ago, and both Carl & I agree that most of the books written on the subject are about the same as our individual experiences and that it is a load of BS when it is mentioned thqat it is just the human nervous system shutting down. The best way I can describe it is you faint into Nothingness, the are suddenly alert & awake moving towards a different dimension at breakneck speed and then you see a lot of amazing things and then feel the pain of returning to life. Physical pain - not mental pain...

But Near Death as a term. I would rather call it "The Lazarus Experience".

Caiyros

"I'm just a designer-builder of niteclub-al kabarets looking for the stage lighting box." SCS
"Open the Pod Bay Door, Hal" Dave Bowman
TransientShadows
neophyte
neophyte

Alex and Caiyros thank you so much for your insightful and thoughtful responses! Perhaps Children of the Grave made me think about this once again. Also, I had a sister who passed unexpectedly and rather tragically (medical malpractice) at the age of 5. She was well love and I'm certain she knew she was. After passing her spirit didn't linger long, perhaps only long enough to gift my grieving mother with a couple of comforting "signs" then she must have crossed over without any problems, so I was thinking that she was still able to cross over having no unfinished business with those she love.

Caiyros: your "Lazarus Experience" sounds amazing, and evidently it wasn't your time to go, but this must be informative and helpful in making people less afraid of death and dying if it provides a more concrete belief that there is something to follow. I'm happy you're still around, and have enjoyed reading the postsresponses you and Alex have been providing the forum.

Thank you.

crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

dear ts; i've taken time to think about your post and i believe that as we get closer to what is "our time to leave" we know it and are ready. it's the ones who, as alex said, have their lives snuffed out prior to their time that can not pass into the light smoothly. i've heard the term "lazarus experience" before and have known a few who have died, actually gone into the light and have had to return because it was not their time yet. each of them individually had spoken of a bright shimmering light that radiated with pure love and warmth, were each met by loved family members/friends who had passed before them and both said that they did not want to leave - even though it was the family members/friends on the other side that told them they must return for now. they both also had similar views on their feelings in returning to their body - a coldness, despair for what they just left, and a period of depression after being revived simply because of what they experienced. it's hard to consider finding oneself in such a loving light of warmth surrounded by loved ones and feeling so euphoric and comforted and then find yourself being sent away from that back into the coldness of life.

there is a roadside memorial around me where a young woman was killed. last week while my hubby was taking his normal 3am walk with my service dog along the road (he does this on his nights off as he is a graveshift worker) he saw the corporeal figure of a woman walking the road about 50 yards in front of him. he just followed behind her thinking she was another who liked to walk and exercise at night and my service dog didn't seem to be bothered by her (well with all the spirits coming and going in our house unbeknownest to hubby, why would it bother her right?). as he got to the section of the road where the figure would have had to go straight, turn left or right, the figure was no place to be seen. he shined the spotlight he had in each direction and would still be able to see the figure on either area - nothing! he turned right onto the bike path and as he passed the memorial he saw a "shimmer" effect and nothing else. he told me that morning that he had seen a spirit. now i feel this woman is walking the area trying to figure out what happened to her body and why she is here. my new mission is taking late night walks along the same area (although i can't walk as far) in an attempt to perhaps see her.

anyway, i think you had a great question ts and it did cause some consideration prior to posting! thanks! blessed be. arsine

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
TransientShadows
neophyte
neophyte

and thank you Arsine for your wonderful thoughts and for sharing your husband's magical experience. I am saddened to hear of this wandering soul, but am heartened at the thoughts of your reaching out to her, please keep us posted if you are so comfortable to so. x0x0x0

Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Some sub-sects of the Hindu, Tantric Buddhist, & Afrikan Ancestor Groups (Vodu, Zobop, Candomble, etc), and at least among the Lakota Native Americans - all have "processes" or "practices" or "meditations" for not only talking to their Ancestors and deceased loved ones, but also going into the realm of the dead. This is not much discussed because it can be dangerous in that if you don't do it right, you going to stay there.

Books on the subject include:
The Egyptian Book of the Dead - trans E.A. Wallis-Budge - Only the interlinear Budge version with the bright yellow cover is any good as it has the original text in phoenetic ANcient Egyptian (and the language IS THE magic itself) . Its real title is The Papyrus of The Coming Forth Unto Day written by the Loyal Scribe Ani.

THe Tibetan Book of the Dead - ONLY the W. Y. Evans-Wents & Lama Kazi Samdup edition with the weird cover. Technically it should be called: The Collected MAnuscripts & Terma of Padmasambhava and Also Padampa Sengye of the Practice of Consciously Entering the Intermediate State Between Life and Death and Death and LIfe, The Use of Powa, and the High Teaching of The Great Completion. All the other editions even if translated by Tibetan Lamas is basically nowhere.

The Passage Through the Lunar Gates of Isis - trans. E. A. Wallis Budge...Good luck finding a copy. I have one that I am thinking of reprinting next year.

Anything you can find on Zobop that plainly isn't some version of fear-filled idiocy. I have been researching Zobop for several years - its a very slow slog down this road - but I believe worth it.

Orpheus by Aleister Crowley - rare but a reprint is on eBay.

The Orphic Hymns - any literal translation before the 1940s.

Caiyros
Last edited by Caiyros Damia Imran on Fri May 30, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm just a designer-builder of niteclub-al kabarets looking for the stage lighting box." SCS
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Some sub-sects of the Hindu, Tantric Buddhist, & Afrikan Ancestor Groups (Vodu, Zobop, Candomble, etc), and at least among the Lakota Native Americans - all have "processes" or "practices" or "meditations" for not only talking to their Ancestors and deceased loved ones, but also going into the realm of the dead. This is not much discussed because it can be dangerous in that if you don't do it right, you going to stay there.

Books on the subject include:
The Egyptian Book of the Dead - trans E.A. Wallis-Budge - Only the interlinear Budge version with the bright yellow cover is any good as it has the original text in phoenetic ANcient Egyptian (and the language IS THE magic itself) . Its real title is The Papyrus of The Coming Forth Unto Day written by the Loyal Scribe Ani.

THe Tibetan Book of the Dead - ONLY the W. Y. Evans-Wents & Lama Kazi Samdup edition with the weird cover. Technically it should be called: The Collected MAnuscripts & Terma of Padmasambhava and Also Padampa Sengye of the Practice of Consciously Entering the Intermediate State Between Life and Death and Death and LIfe, The Use of Powa, and the High Teaching of The Great Completion. All the other editions even if translated by Tibetan Lamas is basically nowhere.

The Passage Through the Lunar Gates of Isis - trans. E. A. Wallis Budge...Good luck finding a copy. I have one that I am thinking of reprinting next year.

Anything you can find on Zobop that plainly isn't some version of fear-filled idiocy. I have been researching Zobop for several years - its a very slow slog down this road - but I believe worth it.

Orpheus by Aleister Crowley - rare but a reprint is on eBay.

The Orphic Hymns - any literal translation before the 1940s.

Caiyros
Last edited by Caiyros Damia Imran on Fri May 30, 2008 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TransientShadows
neophyte
neophyte

Thank you Caiyros!

Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

In my previous post here, I forgot to include the following:

The Serpent and the Rainbow by Wade Davis, PhD - Davis was a student of the transcendent Dr. Richard Evans Schulteis and he went to Haiti to find out if there wqas an actual "herbal mix"used to create "Zombification" - He actually found the drug and is correct about it, but he didn't understand that the WAY these drugs are used is AS IMPORTANT as the drug itself.

From some of my experiences with the experiments of Dr. Tim (Leary) at Harvard, I believe the following. Davis's discovered and recognized "drug mixtures" create the near-death condition in slow-motion and then with the addition of either hypnosis or another drug, the person remains in that "near death attitude" while being able to do many daily tasks, but finds it hard to talk (but can).....This is my theory not Davis's (he probably would never accept this! LOL)

So we should also include Zombi's in this pattern.

Zobop - masters of time shifting, which I believe would be a significant part of what we are discussing.

Caiyros

Return to “Human”