ishhstar
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 20
Zodiac:

Do Djinn's like wish granting and do they have to?

I was browsing eBay and found a listing stating that for a Djinn to move up in rank it has to please its God by granting so many wishes. Is that true? Or how does it work?

Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

I didn't think they had to, more that they can if they choose to. But I really do not know. Maybe someone else does...bump

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
DragonKeeper
venerated member
venerated member

Are djinn bound to grant wishes? No. They have the choice to grant and HOW they will grant - this is why it can be important in how you phrase your wish(es), most djinn won't play with your words but it does happen. My djinn have told me that granting wishes does gain them power and rank in most djinn societies. One other thing I've been told, in conjunction with power, is that the more wishes they grant the 'easier' it becomes for them to manifest a wish. I hope this helps. :D

Peace, light & love

Phil

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Everyone's got a different story. One says they have to grant a thousand wishes to be free. Other say they got permission to bind them.

I suspected my first one wanted to be free. Because after I returned her the conjurer claimed she had to set her free. Whereas here they just go to another owner.

Short answer is I don't know either. Hard for me to imagine your words have the power to bind something that doesn't want to be bound.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Amberly
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I have an Ifrit that grants what is in my heart without my asking. For example: money was needed in order to visit home to see my brother graduate. I did not ask her for money because I was still bonding with her, but she took the "role" so to speak and found a way to get the needed travel money. Do Djinn's take that as a wish?

For those who think that I should be careful with her, don't worry, I am. She is a very special and unique spirit. Even though she is an Ifrit and can grant dark wishes, most of the time she does not. Even if I am mad at someone instead of causing them harm she uses her energy to calm me down. The seller even said that they have never seen a spirit like her. She means the world to me.

~Amberly~

Dare to be Different; Dare to Dream ~ Moi/ME
I'm the village crazy lady, that's my job ~Grandma Tala (Moana)
Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something ~Morihei Ueshiba
azazello1
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
Zodiac:

DragonKeeper wrote:Are djinn bound to grant wishes? No. They have the choice to grant and HOW they will grant - this is why it can be important in how you phrase your wish(es), most djinn won't play with your words but it does happen. My djinn have told me that granting wishes does gain them power and rank in most djinn societies. One other thing I've been told, in conjunction with power, is that the more wishes they grant the 'easier' it becomes for them to manifest a wish. I hope this helps. :D
The stronger your connection with the Djinn - the more chances you have to get you wish granted. I agree about the gaining the higher rank by granting the wishes, but here is very important the quality of the wishes and level of difficulties. That's why I love my guys- they pretty old and experienced, especially my Elder Neb. And it is very important to keep the happy. That way they will work as a team, fast and very effective.

There is no teacher, there is no student, There is only remembering.
There is no good, there is no evil, There is only expression.
There is no union, there is no sharing, There is only one.
There is no joy, there is no sadness, There is only love.
azazello1
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 2
Zodiac:

[quote="Andariel"]I have an Ifrit that grants what is in my heart without my asking. For example: money was needed in order to visit home to see my brother graduate. I did not ask her for money because I was still bonding with her, but she took the "role" so to speak and found a way to get the needed travel money. Do Djinn's take that as a wish?

Very often you make a wish in your dream. The things that you feel like important to you you'll share with your Djinn and he/she will take it as a wish. That's why things happen to me without even asking. It happen all the time.. And I barely remember my night dreams.. lol

There is no teacher, there is no student, There is only remembering.
There is no good, there is no evil, There is only expression.
There is no union, there is no sharing, There is only one.
There is no joy, there is no sadness, There is only love.
REDSHIDA24
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL
If I could be anything, I would be...: ANGLE
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: uniqueness
Zodiac:

well i have asked all of mine to aide in my wish granting and so far its going good so im happy i write a list of my wishes and put down at nite and i have read that it gives them more power

RASHIDA MORRISON
Amberly
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Well, she has done it again. :crazy: I love her so much. :cloud9:

~Amberly~

Dare to be Different; Dare to Dream ~ Moi/ME
I'm the village crazy lady, that's my job ~Grandma Tala (Moana)
Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something ~Morihei Ueshiba
Lilithesa
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process

A question came up in me today:
Do Djinn expect something in return for a granted wish?
Like "I did something for you, now you do something for me".

Is this so or is it just something I picked up in fairy tales?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Return to “Djinn / Genie”