The Dinner Party

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

So I've been mulling this around in my head for quite some time, and thought I'd share here what I've come up with so far in case anyone has any brilliant ideas to add.

I am planning a series of "dinner parties" for my spirits. These will not be actual dinner parties that I hold in reality, but something I do in my imagination. It occurred to me today that just the very act of planning each dinner party is allowing me to connect on a deeper level to the spirits/entities involved.

I have several ideas in my head and on paper...but the first one I am planning right now is for Lakshmi, Ganesh and Saraswati. I guess I will call them "the honored guests" as a few other spirits might be invited as well. This last point, I am uncertain about. I'll make a decision based on how I feel as I plan. But the other possible invited guests would be my 6 Devatas and my Unicorn from India.

The dinner party for these three, I sense should be more formal. A sit-down dinner with place settings, a menu, decoration, music, etc. So each spirit will get their own custom designed place setting based on who they are and their associations.

Thinking about this further, I can see a "dinner party" for my wolves and werewolves being a VERY different affair altogether. Something at night of course. In the woods. A really rambunctious party filled with spirits (the kind you drink) good food, loud music and dancing.

For Hestia, I see a gathering of just me and her...sitting by the fire to share a pot of tea.

You get the idea here. The term "Dinner Party" is a loose interpretation of what might actually occur. Obviously I am using Judy Chicago's art piece as inspiration where she designed place settings for famous women in history. I want to take that idea and move further in my imagination and plan the entire party based on who is there - including not only the menu and decorations, but WHERE it is held and what type of party it will be.

I am uncertain if I would do this for the spirits who do not want offerings of food like my djinn. I have no ideas yet, but hopefully something will come to me.

As I do this, I will post what I come up with here in the forum. Any ideas and suggestions from you would be most appreciated.

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I think that is a wonderfull idea. :) I like the idea of custom bonding rituals because it sounds like it's a more personal form of bonding between a keeper and an immortal, spirit, etc.

Hope it goes well. ::goodluck::

Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thanks jumbo! I will definitley try and report back when my ideas come together.

TarotPriestess
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Chinese Fox
If I could be anything, I would be...: Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Priestess

I LOVE this idea! I'll be planning some dinner parties for my spirits too. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous idea!

Bright Blessings,

Tarot Priestess
:faery:

Raexis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

That sounds like a great idea, Ellegria!

You will have to let us know how it goes. =)

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night." –Edgar Allan Poe
:pumpkin:
TheWatcher
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 15
My magical/paranormal name...: Do i need one ?

Flowers lotsa of sweets and then (ditto about the other two immortals)

ehm ignore the start
Think

Table round or not
design on it?(details)

Lighting comes from celling glass or from windows ?

Types of foods rice meat curry ya know
What they like from this it depends on your food

Maybe create a sort term musician and put some art on the walls (for the other two goddess)
forgot to say and a singer too (female dancing one of them has some sort of worshiping vvia this way i think)

(BTW i had the idea search 'project sanctuary' and/or try to create your own space/astral temple ie one for the gods one for the um more animalistic spirits one for the less violent animalistic aka not meat eating and one for the humans? or humanoid that had some sort of civilization maybe based on their era?)

Ok out of ideas and my post is a bit random my brain sleeps so g night (tho its morning here)
tell me if its of any help

Return to “Connecting”