active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 20
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

This experience brought up some important things so I thought I'd share. Happened about an hour ago.

I was laying on my side, between waking and dreaming. I had this mental image of a glass which represented time I think and I imagined it starting to freeze. Then I imagined whole reality freezing. This somehow got me to my nonphysical body as I found myself laying on my back and felt my arm floating free. I realized I could get out now so I got up from bed.

I had normal exit blindness but this was familiar to me so I focused on feeling my surroundings instead of seeing them. I was in my home so I had a pretty good sense of what was around me. I headed to my balcony door, opened it and stepped outside. I could see now. Hair was in front of my eyes trying to block my vision but I brushed it aside. I needed to get down to the ground but I knew that if I jumped, it would throw me back to my body. I looked to my right and there was a door there. I went through the door and I was on the ground. It was summer but with a feeling of autumn. A rural area with trees, fields and dirt roads. The sky was strange. It was like a canvas with a cloud cover painted on it. I could see three suns near the horizon behind it. I touched things like grass to keep the place stable. I walked down the road and looked around me. Everything felt and looked so real. I found myself thinking that if I was actually dead and in that place, I couldn't tell the difference between there and physical reality. It was so real and detailed. I looked at some flowers on the side of the road and noticed some bugs flying around. Then I noticed more bugs and there were beginning to be too many of them and I started feeling uncomfortable. I tried to get away from them and a flock of birds started swooping down to eat them. Soon I found myself back in my body. The feeling of how real the place was faded a bit like I was unable to bring back everything I experienced to the physical real.

Few interesting things to note:
1) Whatever astral world I was in, it was real. It was at least as real as our waking reality and actually even more real and detailed.
2) I knew that if I died, it would be alright. I would be perfectly fine. Nothing would really end.
3) Things manifested pretty quickly. The door, bugs (more of them as I focused on them) and the birds.
4) My thoughts were clear and my capacity to think was not diminished in any way during the experience.
5) I had a vague sense of a body but I didn't really have one unless I focused on having it. My thoughts and intent moved me.
6) Experiencing the world outside the physical like that makes my life better, more full and meaningful, less scary.

"What's a philosopher? Someone who's bright enough
to find a job with no heavy lifting." - Terry Pratchett
DragonScribe
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons

Beautiful experience... sounds very similar to a lucid dream... loved the part about 3 suns, awesome visual :)

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Reminds me of the Pagan Afterlife, The Summerland.

Very beautiful experience and thank you for sharing. :thumbup:

Return to “General Questions”