In search of an encyclopedia of spirits...

AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

Hello CH!

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a bound book or ebook that has functioned for them as a good reference to basic information about many different types of spirits? a sort of comprehensive encyclopedia ? we have CH online but sometimes i'm looking for a little more and there is just nothing like the feel of a real book in your hands rather than wading through website after website and guesstimating who has credible knowledge...
Does anyone have the encyclopedia of ghosts and spirits by rosemary ellen guiley?
What about judiki illes' encyclopedia of spirits?
Any reviews from experienced members?

Thanks so much ::hail:: ,
:peace: emzy

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
Kit
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 14
Your favorite spirit to work with: Monsters
If I could be anything, I would be...: kitsune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kit
Zodiac:

i have the encyclopedia from judika illes, its good for the little bit of extra information, like how you learn which people are included under watch of certain immortals and which people are looked for/by certain spirits...but there really isnt much other than that. Its a good read as itself, but for information i was a little bummed...but is it worth the buy?....yeah in my case i would say so just for the information :D :lol: it has given me a few immortals to look to working with without binding, but there isnt too much expansion on spirits that we already know here and have proper information on.

but yes would love to know what experienced members think of these authors and their books! it would be interesting as i am looking forward to finding the other books athene has mentioned as well!! :D

LU.??MS
Chaos in a stream of ecstatic fire
Loose desire upon those who acclimate to stale order
No Karma perception - only truth of understanding and the faculties of being within a world abound in dimensional craft.
Right now we are following the dimensional craft of the world, please hold and we will get to your call shortly!
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

Thank you Sweets! I appreciate the input, and based upon that opinion I may hold off on purchasing that one then. I'm adding to my library right now, and want to add one eventually by Judika Illes, but not sure which one to purchase, as I don't have any of her books yet.

Hey another one that looks really good to me and I am just hoping to makes it to kindle soon is The Plant Spirit Familiar by Penczak.

Isn't CH unveiling a newly formatted encyclopedia soon too? thought I heard that somewhere.

Cheerz,
:peace: emzy

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

::wave:: I have Judika Illes encyclopedia.
It's a good reference book for Immortals but aside from that it doesn't match up to even CH's encyclopedia.

It'll be good when CH gets their encyclopedia finished. I'm really looking forward to that.

If you want to look up various entities that may not be listed in the current encyclopedia the best thing to do is look up various folklore from various contries and mythology.

Ireland, Scotland, Norse, Roman, Scandinavian, Japan, China, Aztec, North America, Africa, etc are all good places to look at.
It's best to get entities that you feel you resonate with and really want to keep rather than getting something for collecting. Don't collect an entity you are not comfortable with having in your household.

For instance, if you feel you resonate with fairies, and want to look up various fae, the best thing to do would be to research fae and irish and welsh mythology to see what kinds you're interested in. That's just an example.

When CH has their new encyclopedia up, hopefully it'll have the majority of these spirits listed.

Best Wishes!

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates

Return to “Educational Material”