I WONDER WHO USES THIS?

Pertinent information regarding transacting on eBay
Haunted Curiosities
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

The code is sold by others on eBay, but it is not secret code. It is just code that “adds” another opportunity for the viewer of a listing to add this item to his watch list. The seller of the code warns, and correctly so, that the cute icon or the photo used as the “click this picture” MUST carry with it the informative statement allowing the viewer to KNOW that by clicking this photo, he is adding the item to his watch list. If there is no statement letting the viewer know he is adding the item to his watch list if he clicks the picture, this violates eBay policy and should be reported.

So, now you know one way to potentially artificially increment the number of watchers your item has. Arguments about the ethics of this are equally compelling, but, with the disclaimer, eBay allows it.

Understand, the eBay functionality will still prevent a single viewer from adding the same item number to his watch list multiple times, so this is not intended to suggest the seller is breaking the eBay code.
What to do

HOWEVER…if you find items suddenly appearing on your watch list that you had no idea you had added, first look at the listing and find that disclaimer. Then check the item number you originally LOOKED at (if you can) and the item on your WATCH list and verify they are the same.
How is that?

Why do I say this? Well, consider this question…why would someone with 10 or 20 identical items list each separately? The fees, even in a store listing, will mount up using this approach. BUT, if every one of your similar items contains that watch code to a single item number (rather than the actual item number being viewed), the number of times that item is added to the watch list potentially rises exponentially. This IS circumventing eBay rules and should be reported.
You are kidding, right?

The key is that the seller MUST first list the item and then fill in the item number (provided upon listing) into that watch code in his listing. If he has 20 items and never changes the item number in the watch code, every time a viewer clicks his picture in whichever listing, that other item’s watch counter will be incremented.

Ever wonder WHY some of the most unlikely items are on TOP of the PULSE???

All of my listings were on Ebay's pulse and now they are all gone replaced by someone who has no where near the bids that I do? I'm always learning something new and now just another reason why I don't list on ebay but every so often.

wwwhauntedcuriositiescom
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

eBAy is an exceptionally nasty company and there only interest is "MORE" .........
And that's why its shelf life right now is on "Full Code" for its own survival..........
Some HUGE dealers have already said goodbye....The most quietly influential dealer, Michael O'Haro (and his business connections)....quite this scene, more than half a year ago......................................

Caiyros
Last edited by Caiyros Damia Imran on Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm just a designer-builder of niteclub-al kabarets looking for the stage lighting box." SCS
"Open the Pod Bay Door, Hal" Dave Bowman
Cryptic_twilight313
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

wow...I never even thought of that...

...black engulfs the dying light as he falls on frail wings of vanity and wax..
6dogs4us
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

It could be that most of us are too honest to think of these schemes.

Haunted Curiosities
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

What if I placed that same code into my pictures! It is so false. I was in the paranormal psychic section and the metaphysical as well. All gone to someone who cheats! What BS.

wwwhauntedcuriositiescom

Return to “For eBay Sellers”