Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: ---
If I could be anything, I would be...: ---
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: ---

Hi, am currently working on shielding, but I have some queries i hope someone can help with.

1. I read that you just need to visualize a shield of white light around you. Is visualizing it in your mind all that's needed? If not, what else do I need to do?

2. Can you add texture and degree of hardness, flexibility to your shield?

3. Can i add layers to my shield - a layer of reiki energy, a layer of what i imagine to be fire, or electricity, etc.

4. How do i strengthen my shield once i have the 'layers' thought out? Practice visualizing it every day? Can i use reiki to strengthen and charge up my shield?

5. How do I test the effectiveness of my shield?

Thanks much!!

In seeking Death I learned to live.
'Walk your own path. Seek your own truth.' -- Azrael
'What are words? Words are at once the most powerful and the most powerless things there are.'
Madie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My magical/paranormal name...: MakFilia Lucis
Zodiac:

Vanyawen wrote:Hi, am currently working on shielding, but I have some queries i hope someone can help with.

1. I read that you just need to visualize a shield of white light around you. Is visualizing it in your mind all that's needed? If not, what else do I need to do?

3. Can i add layers to my shield - a layer of reiki energy, a layer of what i imagine to be fire, or electricity, etc.

4. How do i strengthen my shield once i have the 'layers' thought out? Practice visualizing it every day? Can i use reiki to strengthen and charge up my shield?

Thanks much!!
It seems to me you already know how to create a shield, and not just any shield a very complex one as well. Your questions above are all answers to the initial question. :applause: The circle of light is good, you also may want to ask Arch Michael to place an additional cloack of protection on you. For the rest of your ideas the answer is yes. Also look into energy manipulation for the times you'll need a boost to your shield.
As far as testing goes you should see the difference in your everyday life as well as your paranormal endevours(depends of how advanced you and your abilities are.)
I also recommend practicing grounding at the same time as shielding.
You are definitelly on the right track :thumbup:

Be the change you wish to see in the world

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in helping others

May all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to the freedom for all.

Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

Here is a thread you might find helpfull on grounding and centering
(important for shield stability)

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... it=+ground

Visualization is an important component, but the ability to maintain adequate shields even under pressure (not neccessarily attack) is important to your long term success.

A few good places to test your shields; crowded public transport, customer service registers (complaints/returns) , indoor shopping malls (look for a tantrum throwing child if you really want a challenge), or the longest slow moving line at the grocery store.

It sounds like youve already got a good grasp on the concept. Don't forget to pay attention to your back and the bottom of your feet, the most neglected areas. Oh, and remember to keep your shields clean, especially if you set filters.

Vanya GreyCrow
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Hi madie, thanks for the affirmation.. =)

Lionox, the usage of elements to beef up the shield is an inspiration. I use fire in retaliation, but it's a nifty idea to incorporate it and the other elements into the shield too.

Maythen, thanks for the link! I didn't know i have to keep the shields clean, so definitely will do so. And yes, i must remember to shield bottom of my feet too!

Filters... are they 'passes' which one can set to allow only specific energies (like your spirits) to pass through?

One thing i confirmed yesterday though, is that white light shielding may not withstand an attack. It does hold, for a while, but can be ripped/penetrated :(
(not sure this is the place to post this, will post in another area what happened).

'What are words? Words are at once the most powerful and the most powerless things there are.'
Zin
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Duojna, Black Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: too many options! :o
Zodiac:

Vanyawen wrote:Hi, am currently working on shielding, but I have some queries i hope someone can help with.

Thanks much!!
2) Yes, very much yes.
3) I use...uhm. I don't remember how many I use, actually. Quite a few. I like to use different metals, among other things...

I walk a path I cannot see, but it's the one that's meant for me. <3
There are Powerlines in our Bloodlines
Proud to have many Giants in my Bloodline.
Seeker of Knowledge.
Vanya GreyCrow
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Hi Zin,

by different metals do you mean you employ their different properties (tactile, electrical sensitivities, etc)?

I have added a layer of rock, but not thought of adding metals. Interesting...

Tethys
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire/Ubi/Alpha
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

The more layers you have the better off you will be. There are a lot of great ideas.
This is what I did:
I personally have a 10 layer shield, each layer moves differently, replenishes itself, and made of a different element or type.
Think outside the box for layer ideas.
I also got bored constantly building the shield, it just takes too long.
I use a symbol within a circle for quick access to it. Each layer I built I took about 5-10mins starting from closest to me to the outside. With each layer I ingrained the symbol, programmed, and sealed.
Quick access is great, just burn the symbol into your mind :superman:

A master of one's emotions is a master of one's self.
Vanya GreyCrow
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Hi Tethys,

thanks for the advice!

The symbol idea is useful, i find myself taking a bit of time raising all the layers up! If i can burn the whole thing into a symbol that would be a lot faster!

Tethys
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire/Ubi/Alpha
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Lionox wrote:
Tethys wrote: I use a symbol within a circle for quick access to it. Each layer I built I took about 5-10mins starting from closest to me to the outside. With each layer I ingrained the symbol, programmed, and sealed.
Quick access is great, just burn the symbol into your mind :superman:
Ooh, this I like! :thumbup:
I'm glad you like. Let me know.how it.works out for you guys.
There are many uses besides shielding too ;)

A master of one's emotions is a master of one's self.

Return to “Protection”