Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I realize this is not paranormal, but I think this is valuable information. :zombie:

:sick: http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... urger-meat

If McDonalds is doing this who knows what other fast food franchises are doing this. They are only doing it in the USA locations, they don't mix this stuff into the beef or chicken in other countries who have McDonalds.

To me, if Burger King or Wendys aren't doing this to their meat they would be coming out with a barrage of commercials saying something to the effect of "we don't put ammonia & chemicals in our meat"... either way I would be wary...

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Ash just joked, but I agree, that the Occupy movement should Occupy McDonalds... because if the FDA is incapable of being honest & helping Americans not eat & digest chemical additives in food to make it safe for human consumption... then there won't be any humans left on this planet to Occupy anything....

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Green Wytch
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Illeana
Zodiac:

They all do it, it's industry wide. And you know the hamburger in tubes they sell at the grocery? Same thing, meat scraps. I always buy fresh ground from a meat guy I know if possible. Somebody who grinds it without additives.

"Magick begins where logic ends" ~ me
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." ~ WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE / Hamlet Act 1.Scene V abt. 1601
Disclaimer: Those opinions expressed are my own, with no unsaid implications about anyone.
ImageImage
Bellatrix Lestrange
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shinigami
Zodiac:

I saw that..and omg jamie oliver is adorable :inlove: :oops:

thats scary....Im glad i dont like meat that much and dont buy them burgers..but i guess...that aint meat :sick:

what i think is even worse Is when i was an assistant chef and they told me how reasturaunts and the highschool i used to go to, blanche their fries :sick: They dump them in a tub of fat,and soak them in it :zombie: Unfortuantly places do that..also its not so uncommon they leave the grease in the fryer..next day its solidified they turn the heat up so it melts and reuse it till its rancid..At the time im like "please dont tell me anymore"

..So i think the best way to blanch them is in water...soak them in water so any starch from the potatoes will soak out with the water..You can tell when its done... The water turns a slight yellow... :sick:

ImageImage
ღƸ̴Ӂ̴ƷღIღloveღyouღGrellღSutcliffღƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒღ Image
Bellatrix Lestrange
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shinigami
Zodiac:

for here in canada... http://www.mcdonalds.ca/ca/en/food/your ... _faqs.html

they claim to use 100% beef
100% chicken no additives or fillers...idk...i dont trust it :ohcrap:

ImageImage
ღƸ̴Ӂ̴ƷღIღloveღyouღGrellღSutcliffღƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒღ Image
Jennypenny
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I just finished watching a few movies like "Forks Over Knives" as inspiration to eat healthier, definitely worked.

all you need is love is all you need
TheWatcher
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 15
My magical/paranormal name...: Do i need one ?

creepyhollows wrote:Another reason to never eat fast food
Fixed.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Eww, oh god I agree... OCCUPY MCDONALDS. I have protested McDonalds for years now in my own way, and a movement should definitely take place in the future.
Though I live in Canada, I still do not trust it.. or most fast food for that matter. There's something off about it.

People willingly poison their bodies thinking they enjoy what they taste, though science tells us that our glands are forced into this the more we expose ourselves to certain ingredients - and in conjunction with the brain's reaction an addiction occurs. You wouldn't know the natural reaction of your body and mind unless you went without it for a significant period of time.

For those who just don't care, alright, live and let live I suppose.. but I will not touch the stuff. Even being around it makes me physically ill, I have a strong reaction in part due to my passionate stance.
Last edited by Noctua on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Not surprising.. I just read this article myself prior to logging on to the forum...You are all correct..Who knows how many other fast food places, or fine restaurants are using questionable ingredients and preservatives in any foods offered.

P.S. Lest we forget, about that documentary that came out a few years ago on fast food and it's perils and what it did to the guy that went on a daily eating fest in the fast food restaurants.

One things for sure, It makes me glad I have limited my eating out activities. Part of it is not having the funds to do so. It is cheaper and healthier for me, to buy the ingredients at the grocery store then make stuff at home.

Dark Mother Earth
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 58
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal

::nice:: It Is amazing that this food is even fit for human consumption , this should be illegal .I am so glad I live in a rural area eat a lot of homegrown vege's and fruit , and eat real food . My 3year old doesn't know what Mac Donalds is YAY and I hope it will be a long time before he does , nearest store is 240 km's away LOL . I am glad I like real food with real flavors , this muck is disgusting imagine what it does to your digestive tract and liver .VERY BAD !!! :sick:
Thanks for the info :thumbup:

Return to “Messages & Updates”