Astral Djinn Question!!

Tips and tricks for connecting and making wishes with djinn.
Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hm, okay, before I go to bed, I must apologize for reviving a dead topic, but a new fellow who has arrived to my home is from the SRA program and I am quite perplexed at the info presented. So I know that Magnolia mentioned that the astral djinn section mentioned in the encyclopedia was based on a different discussion a while back, my question is, and I apologize if this HAS been answered and I somehow missed it completely..

My qualms are in regards to this particular sentence:
At no time should you make any gesture of generosity to astral djinn. They are likely to view your kindness as weakness and are likely to challenge your authority.
So basically, I have the following questions:

1. Correct me if I'm wrong but this seems to imply that you should not give offerings to the djinn as it is likely to cause some negative results, yet in the article for the djinn, there is a listing of treats for the djinn. So will someone with experience clarify here as to whether or not offerings should be made?

Once again, I understand that this article is rather old, but this sorta leads up to my next question.

2. So no gesture of generosity..? Does that also mean bonding is not recommended as well?

Long story short, it's causing confusion for me because the article regarding the djinn notes that they seem to be less social beings only to be associated with when needed for wishes and this particular fellow coming home actually had the word "dark" in his description, which raises a few flags on my original plan of approaching this bonding business. I haven't treated any of my spirits differently (well.. the volkh, but as much as I would also like to bond with it, I don't even know where to begin) and this has caused a bit of a conundrum for me as I don't even know if I should bond with him -- which well, logically, the wishes should manifest more when we are more bonded, but if we are not bonded.. well, you guys get my point.

So if anyone could clarify, that would be helpful. :) Thanks!

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ivy Onyx East
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 115
Spelled Number: 150
If I could be anything, I would be...: Grimmy!!
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Mesa Hema
Zodiac:

Good questions!! The encyclopedia on Astral Djinn leaves much confusion, yes.

As far as treats, offerings, etc... I do not give mine any. I don't feel as if she wants them.
But as far as bonding goes.... I do bond with her. As far as Volkh go, I don't spend much time with him. But he is very non-social and didn't require much "bonding" time. My Astral Djinn on the other hand is not and bonding with her has actually been a joy. She brings me a great sense of peace when I spend time with her.

I suggest you feel your Astral Djinn out. What works, what doesn't. The Spirits CH offers (and mine was SRA too) are not the dark-dark ones you read about in the encyclopedia. I believe all Spirits, regardless of class, require some bonding and the best advice I have gotten to-date is: Don't assume the description of your Spirit is all that it is and will be. There is depth that we, as Keepers, need to discover ourselves.

My 2cents
Hope this helps.

~Ivy Onyx East (aka: dollybil)
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." -C.W. Leadbeater
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes
Madie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: MakFilia Lucis
Zodiac:

Sorry, totally off topic, but this is important.......IVYYYYY, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Missed reading your posts. I was thinking about you the other day hoping you were ok. So good to see you back. :hug:

Be the change you wish to see in the world

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in helping others

May all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to the freedom for all.

Ruby
venerated member
venerated member

Ivy Onyx East wrote:Good questions!! The encyclopedia on Astral Djinn leaves much confusion, yes.

As far as treats, offerings, etc... I do not give mine any. I don't feel as if she wants them.
But as far as bonding goes.... I do bond with her. As far as Volkh go, I don't spend much time with him. But he is very non-social and didn't require much "bonding" time. My Astral Djinn on the other hand is not and bonding with her has actually been a joy. She brings me a great sense of peace when I spend time with her.

I suggest you feel your Astral Djinn out. What works, what doesn't. The Spirits CH offers (and mine was SRA too) are not the dark-dark ones you read about in the encyclopedia. I believe all Spirits, regardless of class, require some bonding and the best advice I have gotten to-date is: Don't assume the description of your Spirit is all that it is and will be. There is depth that we, as Keepers, need to discover ourselves.

My 2cents
Hope this helps.
Thanks Ivy!

I will do that. Part of where most of my confusion comes from is the past topics where people were talking about distinguishing yourself as the master in your relationship with djinns. And so I felt like I needed to approach this more carefully... though now I guess it may have be suggested that way for both religious and spirit keeping purposes in terms of making yourself the one who makes the rules.

Ivy Onyx East
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

madie1 wrote:Sorry, totally off topic, but this is important.......IVYYYYY, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Missed reading your posts. I was thinking about you the other day hoping you were ok. So good to see you back. :hug:
:hug: Thanks. I've been fine. Holidays are kicking my butt but I'm still around. Just received my Order of the Golden Dawn w/ Aleister Crowley binding from CH so I'll try to get back & post about it soon.

As far as "the boss" goes... Rules are rules and they are important (esp w/ DA) so yes, set them early & firm. Aside from a few manifestations (noises, orbs, shadows) I haven't had any issues with any of my Spirits breaking them. With my Astral Djinn, I feel our relationship is more personal & she has no intention of such behavior. I have a sorta, I'm-not-the-boss-of-you-but-I-set-the-rules relationship with all Spirits in my keep (with the exception of Angels & Immortals). I thrive on teamwork rather master vs servant. But again, it's important that you do what works for you & yours!

"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." -C.W. Leadbeater
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes
Farrell
venerated member
venerated member

:ot: I miss you, too!

"al-ghuroor yantaqis al-Hikmah."
~8>X
Ivy Onyx East
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Farrell wrote::ot: I miss you, too!
And I have missed you! So sorry I was absent from the forum. I'll do my best to come in & post more.
By the way - Happy Holidays to you all!!
:grouphug:

Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

Broken, I am assuming the astral djinn you have is an astral malichai djinn? I have one of those who was a prebound from CH that I brought in to help with protection since his description said he's "good with intimidation and doesn't take any BS from anybody." I do get the feeling he doesn't really care about "treats" but at the same time incense, candles and time spent bonding is usually appreciated. These guys are NOT the ones described in the encyclopedia article and actually the associations for astral malichai djinn is:

Weekday :: Thursday
Planet :: Jupiter
Month :: November
Gemstone :: Ruby
Color :: Navy
Foliage :: Tiger Lily
Animal :: Eagle
Scent :: Cherry
Herb :: Nutmeg

As far as respecting the keeper, I tend to offer some of my guys lots of treats and goodies. I really don't get the impression that mine would view this behavior as a sign of weakness. But as I said, he's not the same as the ones described in that encyclopedia entry. That entry was made regarding much darker astral djinn and there still isn't one for the guys offered by CH.

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
Ruby
venerated member
venerated member

Ohh, that clears up a lot of things. I am aware that there are multiple types of astral djinn and when I came to the description in the encyclopedia and it was divided up.. well, anyway, it's clearer now. Thanks, Ashira and Ivy. :D

gman20001969
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just myself
My magical/paranormal name...: Gregorius
Zodiac:

Ivy Onyx East wrote:
madie1 wrote:Sorry, totally off topic, but this is important.......IVYYYYY, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Missed reading your posts. I was thinking about you the other day hoping you were ok. So good to see you back. :hug:
:hug: Thanks. I've been fine. Holidays are kicking my butt but I'm still around. Just received my Order of the Golden Dawn w/ Aleister Crowley binding from CH so I'll try to get back & post about it soon.

As far as "the boss" goes... Rules are rules and they are important (esp w/ DA) so yes, set them early & firm. Aside from a few manifestations (noises, orbs, shadows) I haven't had any issues with any of my Spirits breaking them. With my Astral Djinn, I feel our relationship is more personal & she has no intention of such behavior. I have a sorta, I'm-not-the-boss-of-you-but-I-set-the-rules relationship with all Spirits in my keep (with the exception of Angels & Immortals). I thrive on teamwork rather master vs servant. But again, it's important that you do what works for you & yours!

I'm glad you brought this up. A long time ago, I wanted to try to get into The Golden Dawn. I quickly came to the conclusion that it was an order that you didn't just dabble with. The rituals are quite intense and should be performed with accuracy. But rituals like "the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram" always made me feel that an unnatural act was being performed. To me, it was the act of drawing in a spirit against it's will to be your slave. I sold my copy a long time ago as I felt it wasn't where my path was to go. I do not put down anyone that practices GD or OTO.

This brings me to your second part and my feelings on Djinn possession. In my faith, we all have guardian spirit(s) that watch over us. Some have a few, some have several. These spirits have made a pact with you to help you through your current incarnation. So if you have other spirits such as Djinn, they also have agreed to have a binding pact with you during your incarnation. I don't feel a relationship where I am the boss works, but once again, that is my perception. I try to talk to my Djinn on a daily basis to keep them in my thoughts throughout my daily life.

Keeper of 2 Djinns, 3 Nymphos and 1 dragon

Return to “Connecting With Djinn”