Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Spiked wrote:
Terror Misu wrote:And to clarify, not trying to jump on you, Spiked, just realized I came off as a bit abrupt. I just find these objections to the tenuring system strange, is all. ;)
Not a problem. :hug:

Perhaps another day you may think "ahhhh..., I see.." ;)
I think I can put myself in your shoes and understand, as I have been in similar situations off-forum, Spiked. You're merely celebrating and honoring the history of this forum which reflects your devotion. :hug:

danaos
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire and Children
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Danaos Augustus Ravenheart
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote: If you guys would like to turn this thread into a play-by-play call on my decisions or actions as an owner of the board, it's going to be a long thread.
If I may speak as a voice of reason. Look at the above quote.

Remember who the owner of the house is. By their grace we have a place that we can come to and participate and learn and grow.

I see most if not all that they do for us here is a gift. I thank them for it. I am grateful for that gift. If they choose to do this or that, that is their choice. As for who they choose to have what color or not, remember, it is their choice.

Also remember where much is given much is expected. To be tenured or esteemed or such, means that you have put your time in doing things to improve the site.

If anyone does not like the way things are run. The internet is as big as the universe, go make your own site and do your own thing.

Just my thoughts as I read this.

Bless be

I am what I am. I am ever changing, ever growing.

The more I learn, the more I realize I do not know,
Spiked
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Pixie Flubbadub

danaos wrote: Remember who the owner of the house is. By their grace we have a place that we can come to and participate and learn and grow.

I see most if not all that they do for us here is a gift.
Well, either it's a community, or it's a gift. It cannot be both.

If it's a community, then those in the community have the right to have have their opinions heard and acted upon.

If it's a gift, then it's just down to the owners.

But it cannot be both.

Bringing Light since 2009

DISCLAIMER - nothing in this post is anything other than my own opinion and may not be even slightly interesting.
Orchid-Dragoness
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:Orchid, I'm not sure how you could see the member list, but I'm not sure who you're talking about, but I'll go look now. If I know someone is going to be gone, or if I know someone is taking a hiatus and plans to be back, I don't mind holding their place, but when someone disappears for awhile and I don't hear from them at all (email, HD, etc) then I assume they are gone. When they come back they can participate and they'll be restored.
Mag, eh there is a members tab next to the profile tab at the top right when members login. If I can see it now (as a registered member) I guess other members can see it too. I actually did not know places would be held if I let you know prior to being inactive. So...like I am having my dissertation and will probably be quite inactive (maybe a few posts a month maximum) can I just tell you or...?
creepyhollows wrote:Orchid volunteered to be a moderator, just like the other moderators, none of them are paid, at this point in time. They volunteer to help because they want to help. And, Orchid has had other absences, fore-warned, where she didn't lose status, but this last time she was gone for a long time and I had no way of knowing if she was going to be back or not. I don't think the decision, which was just made one month ago, mind you & magickally coincided with her return, was strange given the facts I had to work with.
About that I can confirm. Yes, all MODs here are unpaid up to this point. I did volunteer to help with chat because I was there the most often (and I like chatrooms). I've already said in a previous post that I've forgotten this entire demoting thing. So I had a panic trying to email, send in helpdesk ticket, posting to get Mag's attention, etc. etc. until I heard from helpdesk I understood what happened and seeing this thread I remembered this system. Therefore I've also made it clear it isn't about what colour I end up with, it is because I entirely forgot this thing and I did not know how long it takes to get me back to tenured so I can use my blog. After Noc's explanation I've also said now I know the restructuring of membership is once in a month or two months I'll wait. This last time of my absence was because this current school year is my final year and I am really trying to push my essays grades up and I suffered from depression and disabling anxiety. I was not at ease even during Christmas because my results did not come out until mid-January. A month ago (5th Jan 2012), I had my tattoo done, and I planned to share it in my blog when the it has entirely healed, along with other news. So I didn't exactly come back a month ago, I think I came back at the end of January (around my birthday 21st Jan). I do believe the timing is coincident though, due to the nature that I have actually entirely forgotten about the demoting system and I actually came back after the restructuring.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

If it's a community, then those in the community have the right to have have their opinions heard and acted upon.

But it cannot be both.
Really? It's been both since day 1. It's a gift because it's all free, we aren't tyrants, we don't say "my way or the highway". It's never been that way. So actually, it is a gift & a community. There's no one here who can say we haven't left them say their piece. Sometimes it's a great discussion, sometimes an amicable debate, sometimes a dramatic throw-down, but no matter what they get their say. You've had it now for almost 3 pages.

I'm more than happy to debate this topic all day, but don't forget I've been here since day 1, I know everything about what went on in this forum from day 1 until now. The "glory days" supposedly, that keep getting referenced, were dramatic too and people in your list of highly regarded members were part of that drama, some of them were even banned at one point or another. You cannot fool me into thinking that this forum boils down to one list of several members who left. I'm not going to judge the people here by people who don't care about this community, and LEFT. You compared the people still here to McDonald's ammonia-laden meat, you implied anyone who is blue now is just a matter of calculation of dates & that we should be sorry for them, and a slew of other tepidly insulting remarks.

I think that some of you who've been here awhile have grown pious and want to throw around some sort of intimidating factor that anyone here cannot live up to the "glory days" or the "glory members", but you're wrong, and it's just a form of bullying in my eyes. You can't put members who abandoned this community on a pedestal and try to tell everyone that they can't live up to them and that this forum was only good when they were here. That's complete bull and I'm not going to stand for it. There's really good people on this forum who care about this community and they care about it each other. Every large community is going to have their fights, their dramas, their cliques, but you know what, this forum has been here a LONG time, even before some of those "glory members" were here. It was good before they were here because back then we had good people on the board too. It was good when the "glory members" were here, it's good now, and it will be good in the future.

As far as the color system goes, I believe in recognizing people who are dedicated to something. When those glory members were here I recognized them for their contribution & their input. And for the members who are here now I recognize them for their input & contributions. This forum has been blessed in having long-term members, the average length of time someone belongs to & actively contributes to a forum is usually 90 days. So to have people who have been here 12 months or 18 month, or even longer, yes, I think they deserve recognition. I think they deserve a standing ovation. You're not going to dissuade me from believing that. I'm fiercely loyal to those who are loyal to this community, fiercely. And as I said before the people on that list can testify to that because some of them I defended not only on here but other places as well. They were all given a voice, some of them came to me with concerns, I addressed what I could & I suggested solutions for the rest, it was their choice of leave. But I will not, ever, judge present forum members by people who left, for that topic, it's end of discussion.

My loyalty is to this community, which means the members who are actually here have my objective attention. I'd go to bat for you as well, Spiked, if need be. But, on this subject you & I see things differently. Perhaps if you were in my shoes you would too, but I know what I know, I was here, and I know what discussions transpired between myself & others, and every person actively decides to be here, or not, and that's their choice. I am not going to judge this community as a whole, nor am I going to judge the individual participants here, by a handful of people you like who decided to leave.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
danaos
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Spiked wrote:
danaos wrote: Remember who the owner of the house is. By their grace we have a place that we can come to and participate and learn and grow.

I see most if not all that they do for us here is a gift.

But it cannot be both.

Hmmm I look at it as a community of gift holders. Last I looked at the way one joined the site was by asking to join then they gave you certain permissions and then from that point you were watched for the content of your posts and such. From that, one, then was judged to be ready to have more and to participate more to see more. Thus the gift I speak of. The community in which you speak of, is that of those who are here and participate on, an ongoing basis. As for the colors and such, I see it as a way to help keep order for the whole thing, is it not? I do not believe anyone to be better than I nor I, to be better than another because of my color.

Bless be

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

bryan wrote::drama: The Drama lamas have attacked NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :superman:
Are you refering to me? Whether or not you are you should have the presence of mind to publicly address whomever "The Drama Lamas or Lama" is or are - other wise I could easily say that the "the cowards are once again sniping" and we can have a war or you will stand out as being a lurker with a voice..

If this is not what you mean and you are over the age of 15 years old, its time you learned ....better communication skills

Its this sort of nonsense that causes problems...and in no way relates to copies from or is a hommage to Lenny Bruce, George Carlin, Lea Delaria; or Bob Newhart, or even "Bobcat" Goldwaith.

I think I have explained myself clearly enough without attacking you. What I have done is demonstrated that no one need put up with a lack of manners.

By the way, have you ever challeneged anyone to a duel? I have.

Cordially,
Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I don't see why any members who are critical of the tenuring system, can't then simply choose not to care about it.. rather than cause a fuss.
At the end of the day, what are you losing or gaining? Unless you feel you deserve to be upgraded to a different status.. and then it's kind of hypocritical isn't it?

I do not think any argument has been caused by the tenureship system itself.. I find that to be flawed reasoning.

Rather than change the way things are (which have so rarely ever led to issues around here..unless people are like gossiping about it in secret, being childish), I think anyone status-crazy needs to learn to reassess, come to understand the very basic guidelines of tenureship, and move along.
The only problem with a system such as this comes when people are status-crazy.. and sure, it's human to be so, but why shouldn't they be the ones to change? Why should those stubborn, or arguing from an irrational skew of the facts, be catered to?

The system isn't corrupt, so there shouldn't be a problem unless members do not understand the guidelines or do not agree with the guidelines.
If there is misunderstanding, clarification can be offered. If you disagree, voice your concern to Magnolia & Ash... but speaking from an entirely objective standpoint and having been here for a good while, the guidelines look pretty solid.

And I am greatly aggravated at disrespect I see happening towards the new wave of currently Honored members.

danaos
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

bryan wrote::drama: The Drama lamas have attacked NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :superman:
Caiyros, I do not think that the above quote was directed to one individual, but to the whole thread. I believe, one must admit though, that this thread is very dramatic in it's content.

Bless be

Spiked
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: Pixie Flubbadub

creepyhollows wrote: You compared the people still here to McDonald's ammonia-laden meat,
No, I compared your assertion that things were better now because numbers were higher
to McDonald's legendary sales figures. I believe the thread on the ammonia was actually yours, wasn't it? You know this Magnolia. You're better than this. You don't need to stoop to deliberately misunderstanding what I've written :hug:

creepyhollows wrote: you implied anyone who is blue now is just a matter of calculation of dates
Based on your quote:-
creepyhollows wrote:The criteria are that you've been here for a year and a half, or longer, and you participate regularly, and you are helpful to the community.
creepyhollows wrote:& that we should be sorry for them
I said that I would feel sorry for anyone can't understand that there's a clear decline. And I do :hug:
creepyhollows wrote: and a slew of other tepidly insulting remarks.
:( Well, this is the THIRD time in a few hours that I've had to refute your assertion that I'm trying to insult people. After the first time, in this very thread I believe, a number of people posted saying that they understood that I was NOT trying to insult anyone, so I can really only conclude that you're deliberately "misunderstanding" and trying to misrepresent what I have been saying. I don't understand why you would choose to do that? Perhaps because on some level you know I'm right? And maybe you don't even want to admit that to yourself? Or just as a bullying tactic from the Site Owner - "if your argument against the message is weak, attack the messenger"

**sigh** I could go on, line by line, - and on the other thread - but you'll only claim I said something else, so what's the point? I see why those people left now. Are you going to claim in future that I "had enough of answering the same questions over & over, they didn't like person "A" or they didn't like person "B", or they didn't like the way I was running things because I didn't ban people when they wanted me to"

I'm bored now, and this is taking time from my life outside the Internet. Perhaps you'll feel better after you've had some sleep.

Whatever your motivation, I forgive you.

Bringing Light since 2009

DISCLAIMER - nothing in this post is anything other than my own opinion and may not be even slightly interesting.

Return to “Messages & Updates”