GOOD TO SEE THE PARANORMAL GOSSIP MILL STILL WORKS

Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods and creatures.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human's fine for now
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a mystery! ;)
Zodiac:

This is a deadly serious allegation and I’ve been thinking.

Magnolia and Ash see hundreds, even thousands of spirits a day. Surely some extraordinary spirits pass through their hands that stand out, like Leonardo Da Vinci among geniuses, and Michael Phelps among swimmers.

Keeping such extraordinary spirits who came for someone else, could be one hell of a temptation, (for pretty much the same reason that if I worked at Sees Candy, I’d be quite hefty) but it would be an unshakably horrendous crime against the spirits, and the keepers they came through for. Aside from the incredible ethical stakes, it would also be devastating to their reputation in this world, and others, and for a conjurer, reputation is everything.

Thankfully, we have not only Magnolia, but also have first-hand witnesses in our keep. So if anyone doubts, challenges, or simply worries, get grounded, cleansed, in a clear, calm state of mind, and speak with your spirits about it. :)

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

All I, Ash, or any other practitioner can do is explain the methodology behind the work that we each perform. And what is possible/impossible, likely/unlikely, etc.

As for asking spirits for first-hand accounts, it depends entirely on the person and their ability to effectively communicate, and their ability to detect any outside or 3rd party influence.... over the years of this forum we've had members who've had first-hand accounts from spirits that:

- told them a spirit impregnated them
- told them a portal had been opened & thousands of spirits were pouring through all the time
- were possessed by hundreds of demons and needed an exorcism
- were being kidnapped by spirits at night for Vampire food

and that is just a few of the controversial first-hand experiences we've heard on the forum. I don't doubt that for most of them they believe in what they are saying, and I don't even mind the discussion or debate of the more controversial experiences as long as they don't get out of hand. There's a reason these people think what they think, and sometimes discussion of those things can lead to further discovery & revelation.

Much like eye-witness testimony for humans is taken on a case-by-case basis, and it requires a leap of faith to trust the person giving you the eye-witness testimony is telling you the whole truth & is not influenced by anything, so is spirit testimony taken on a case-by-case basis.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
3graveyardvultures
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: no name

I have been thinking about this since reading last night,I don't think Magnolia and Ash would do something like that , another reason above that why would a very powerful spirit tolerate that ? They wouldn't . Why would they ::ch:: want to keep an unhappy spirit that is meant for someone else ? 2cents

We must let go of the life we have planned,
so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
Joseph Campbell

Image*Image*
Image*Image*Image
Ninja
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6000
Spelled Number: 999
Your favorite spirit to work with: All Entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My magical/paranormal name...: Ninja
Zodiac:

I think I would just forget about the rumours and enjoy some Caramel Pralines. :D

A Closed Mind Is Open To Evil
Midnight Healing Garden
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

ninjamansean wrote:I think I would just forget about the rumours and enjoy some Caramel Pralines. :D

Here Here!! :clap: Great idea!

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

mcslade1 wrote:
ninjamansean wrote:I think I would just forget about the rumours and enjoy some Caramel Pralines. :D

Here Here!! :clap: Great idea!
I third this notion ;)

Lord_Grey
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 42
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Allucard
Zodiac:

I vote hazelnut pralines ^_^ ::bop::

The dreamer has awoken

Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
yoficreations
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: haven't received yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: wouldn't
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: don't have one yet

creepyhollows wrote:
Keeping all ears open. Stuff like this is uncalled for. No seller should use underhanded tactics to get the upper hand on another.
Sometimes it's unscrupulous sellers, and sometimes it's just community blow-hards who want attention & want everyone to think they know more than they do or are more powerful than they are. If they go unchallenged & not confronted about their lies, they'll just keep going and going, getting more outlandish & sensational, and see how much they can get away with. What's worse, it sometimes they become delusional and actually open their own shop, claiming to know this or that, but they don't, and god only knows what they're actually sending to people.

Either way, they are toxic, in every sense of the word.
If people are in any danger of being sent spirits/entities that are other than what they intended to purchase, don't you have a moral obligation to disclose who these sellers are so we may be on our guard? I don't purchase spirits from anyone who hasn't been researched and validated by other members, but what if someone was drawn to purchase an item from these people and may get someone other than what they intended?

yoficreations
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: haven't received yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: wouldn't
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: don't have one yet

Terror Misu wrote:
creepyhollows wrote:
I don't think Spirit Keeping, or the practitioners who conjure spirits, should be trivialized. To me, open discussion is the only way to truly understanding all sides of an issue. If someone has questions, has doubts, has desires for further understanding they should actually ASK! Get the full understanding. That way everyone, on every level can understand WHY someone might think something, and give everyone a chance to participate in the conversation. It's the shadow whispering & the "don't tell anyone but..." kind of attitude that starts trouble. Just ask if you don't know, then at least you can gain knowledge from various sources and develop a comprehension of what is the truth.
I do commend brotony for speaking up about his doubts just to clear it up rather than sit on the sidelines with doubts.... in that way, there can be an open exchange, clarification and dialogue. It takes courage to be able to speak up and he did it with grace and without any accusatory tone to his post but that is what I've come to expect from brotony, a long time and much beloved member of this community.
I agree. It took a lot of courage to come forward with these sentiments on CH's own forums, and it's actually helpful to see that side and Magnolia's eloquent response. No harm done and it's all very interesting. I hope Brotony's doubts were put to rest, if not, then it would be nice for him to revert.

Return to “Magnolia”