BEWARE OF BIDDER, Ebay user names looking for trouble

Pertinent information regarding transacting on eBay
david2885
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0

CreepyHollows
Posted: Jan 1 2008, 07:42 AM

If you know troublesome ebay bidders please post them here. Feel free to post as many as you like and include any information if you deem it necessary.

Moonstar7spirits

Hello all, I wanted to warn you of a potential problem bidder. Ebay user ID Giftsoftheages. His/her email address is dereksmagicshop@***.com. He just purchased my Watchtower Genie a few minutes ago for 750.00 which was full buy it now price, even though this item had a Best Offer feature. Minutes after the purchase, he sent me this message through the ebay message center.

User details:
From User: giftsoftheages (629)
98.8% Positive Feedback
Member since Mar-04-07 in United States
Activity with giftsoftheages (last 90 days):I have bid on 0 items from giftsoftheages
Activity with giftsoftheages (last 90 days):giftsoftheages has bid on 0 of my items

Dear moonstar7spirits,

before i pay, you must prove the powers to me. prove, PROVE PROVE PROVE PROVE PROVE!

- giftsoftheages

Certainly does not look good, huh? I guess we will see what happens!

Take care everyone and have a Wonderful New Year's Eve!

Love,
Rhonda
Moonstar7spirits

Mary

What on earth O_o; Who would buy something after demanding you prove something to them? And who wouldn't atleast try the best offer option? Also that msg seemed really... fake. >_< I'm so sorry all of you sellers have to deal with this kinda crap =/

6dogs4us

Hold on there, doesn't the confirmation page state that you are now entering into a contract? He/she has to pay for the item before 7 days or whatever eBay rules are. Then he/she can return the item if not happy. I would hold onto every scrap of email as you may need to contact eBay on this one.

CreepyHollows

I guess I'm more concerned that dereksmagicshop was a seller on eBay for awhile. He is no longer registered with eBay and hasn't been long enough that you can't track him down but when I googled his name his Genie guide still comes up. Why would someone who is a past seller buy from you and send you that threatening message unless they are going to do some form of feedback extortion. You should squash this immediately by calling eBay's Powerseller support.

Update: I clicked on his eBay guide and guess what??? dereksmagicshop changed his name to giftsoftheages!!! Whoa... you really need to call now!

I'm starting to think this might be Andrea related. If you click on his feedback another seller is saying that Giftsoftheages extorted feedback from them. His guide says his djinn are very pricey for good cause but he doesn't have anything for sale... how strange is that? He used to have items in the thousands of dollars posted and now everything is gone? Bad bidder!

Moonstar7spirits
Yes, I will definately be keeping all documentation and emails related to this sale! It smells really fishy and if you look at his last negative feedback it says something about email extortion? If he doesn't pay, then of course I will follow the necessary channels. I am getting ready to call ebay and alert them to this. It appears that he sent the message through ebay just prior to purchasing it from me.

Rhonda

IndigoWonders
CAUTION NEEDED

Posting the names of others under these circumstances may be considered slanderous.

Posting email addresses is a definate no-no. You're giving out private information and once a web crawler gets ahold of the email address you've just guaranteed a world of spam for this person if you are mistaken.

One other note for those who wish to post their OWN email address: type it as yournameNOSPAM@somewhere.com. If it's clickable for usage, you would just need to delete NOSPAM from the address in your mail program.

I'm not trying to raise a ruckus here but don't want anyone in trouble. Please reconsider this thread.

mane79nll
Yes, I agree. I would suggest so. Just in case, we are being bombared again. :)

CreepyHollows
It is not slander if it is a proveable fact. Slander and libel refer to false statements for the sole purpose of hurting someone's reputation or business. If it can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt then it is fact.

I do agree with not posting email addresses but not with reconsidering the thread.

We opened this forum as a safehaven and open channel for collectors to be able to speak freely in order to share their experiences and support each other in their quest for the paranormal.

I think the same should be afforded to the paranormal sellers. There are a great many bidders who are out solely to cause trouble and I think this particular seller/bidder is a prime example.

His conduct is unnecessary and a threat to us all, not just Moonstar, because it shows he is willing to sell paranormal goods while attacking other sellers.

I have always encouraged absolute proof in this forum and if she has an eBay message to back up what she is saying then it is not slander or libel.

I'll be fair, I am going to leave the poll in the "For eBay Sellers" forum active for one week's time. The results of the poll will decide whether or not this section continues.

Mary
:o! OF course this section should stay up!!! One of the main reasons we love this forum is being able to know who is a fraud and who isn't. I agree that you shouldn't post e-mail addresses until you have 100% proof that they're a trouble maker/fraud/ etc., but other then that I see no problem with this section!

Theresa
I agree!!!! If we, as collectors, are able to swap information about 'suspicious' ebay sellers---why shouldn't the reputable sellers have the same opportunity to do the same with suspicious buyers!!?!?!??!!

I vote for KEEP IT!

IndigoWonders
Again, I certainly don't mean to cause a problem, and my post was meant to be helpful. This person is clearly an idiot and I agree he needs to be stopped.

I don't know the abilities of this board, but maybe a sellers only area can be created where you could only grant access to specific individuals. It's your forum so please don't feel you need to be "fair" to me by posting a poll, though I do appreciate the gesture.

Having just read the poll, I do agree it should be kept open, just with attention to what is posted. 'Nuff said from me! :)

Theresa
Don't feel bad IndigoWonders!!! That's what this forum is all about. Having the freedom to express your beliefs and/or opinions without fear of being attacked!

It's a great sanctuary!

SpiraleSSe
Well, all I know is that I bought something from judithsbookofshadows and the person requesting payment was dereksmagicshop.
I want to believe the seller is real..
I hope I wasn't scammed big time.

6dogs4us
I believe we need to keep this section up and running - for all our sakes!

queniecups
Ditto.

Q.

Moonstar7spirits
It certainly sounds like giftsoftheages/dereksmagicshop and judithsbookofshadows are all the same person! They are all registered in WV. I think that people need to be extremely cautious with this seller right now. Something is not right and I feel that trouble is stirring.

Rhonda

spiritsearcher
QUOTE (SpiraleSSe @ Jan 1 2008, 02:04 AM)
Well, all I know is that I bought something from judithsbookofshadows and the person requesting payment was dereksmagicshop.
I want to believe the seller is real..
I hope I wasn't scammed big time.
Hey SpiraleSSe,

Report it to ebay and paypal, and that way you get file a dispute and get your money back...Do it now while its still early...and mention what has happened.

albanygang
QUOTE (Moonstar7spirits @ Jan 1 2008, 12:18 PM)
It certainly sounds like giftsoftheages/dereksmagicshop and judithsbookofshadows are all the same person! They are all registered in WV. I think that people need to be extremely cautious with this seller right now. Something is not right and I feel that trouble is stirring.

Rhonda

Yes - I agree there is a degree of malevolence behind this persons motives. I think that he is a bitter failed ebay seller, who resents others who are succeeding where he failed. He is obviously looking to stir up trouble to vent some of his spite.

As for where you as a seller stand. As the ebay disclaimer states. They are purchasing you item on the proviso that it is for entertainment purposes only, so there is no Onus of proof on you. If he had any questions he should have emailed before pressing the "buy it now button". I would just keep sending him out invoices and if he doesnt pay report him as a non paying bidder. If it were me selling to him, my response to his question would be to question his motives behind behaving like this rather than bother to address his spurious "questions".

I am sorry that you get landed with sick people like this.

Hatshpset
dear rhonda, just my humble two cents but i'd tell this guy that no proof is needed since he purchased it outright without asking anything prior to purchase. you can also do as magnolia said and quash it because he just does not sound legitimate and sounds to me as if he had no intention of paying you but harassing you a good bit. it's bidders like this person that make it more difficult for the rest of us to be able to get a good item from a good responsible seller because they cause headaches for that seller. wow, i think it's time for my pain meds. blessed be. arsine

poltergeist63
:blink:
Well SpiralSS:
It seems that judithsbookofshadows is no longer registered with Ebay, I guess he/she will come up with another name to stump us by. Report that CRAP to Ebay and PayPal. I was just ripped off from THEONENOT2, the one most said to wait and see on. Well after a month, I got my item: BROKEN IN PEICES AND A PLASTIC PIECE OF CRAP, LIKE FROM A BUBBLE GUM MACHINE. Well it seems SpiralSS that first I put a claim in about not receiving the item, of course he sent it with a tracking number to avoid the orginal claim of not receiving the item, but I had PAYPAL cancel that one a place a NEW claim for item received not as indicated. TAKE THAT THEONENOT2 you FRIGGEN FOOL!
Be careful whom you purchase from, though even positive feedback is not always the answer. His was 100%, but most from the same buyer, DragonKing1959

mane79nll
Or I suggest this thread be exclusive for sellers. I don't sell on ebay. Thus I feel that knowing if a buyer is suspicious does not trouble me

Hatshpset
i have personally dealt with judithsbookofshadows and i know that i have the entity bound to me which is supposed to be. i have also had great follow up emails from her and if someone is a fraud, they normally do not respond past the payment. blessed be. arsine

poltergeist - i'm sure there are other reasons that judith is no longer a registered user on ebay, especially since we are now all familiar with the problems that magnolia herself is having on ebay. i've purchased from judith and i wish all sellers kept in contact with their buyers after a purchase as judith has with my binding. who is to say that she also was not scammed by someone like the one going after magnolia? real sellers are becoming targets by unscrupulous ones on ebay so don't jump to conclusions.

the best thing to do if you've been screwed over by a seller is don't purchase from them again. free will is something we still have and it's our choice to take the low road or the high road in life. blessed be. arsine

SpiraleSSe
QUOTE (poltergeist63 @ Jan 8 2008, 10:07 PM)
:blink:
Well SpiralSS:
It seems that judithsbookofshadows is no longer registered with Ebay, I guess he/she will come up with another name to stump us by. Report that CRAP to Ebay and PayPal. I was just ripped off from THEONENOT2, the one most said to wait and see on. Well after a month, I got my item: BROKEN IN PEICES AND A PLASTIC PIECE OF CRAP, LIKE FROM A BUBBLE GUM MACHINE. Well it seems SpiralSS that first I put a claim in about not receiving the item, of course he sent it with a tracking number to avoid the orginal claim of not receiving the item, but I had PAYPAL cancel that one a place a NEW claim for item received not as indicated. TAKE THAT THEONENOT2 you FRIGGEN FOOL!
Be careful whom you purchase from, though even positive feedback is not always the answer. His was 100%, but most from the same buyer, DragonKing1959

That's just lousy. He should be flogged. Or, change his eBay name to theonenot2trust.

willowswizard
Hi WillowsWizard here, I myself have fallen victim to this type of individual and learned the hard way ,lesson learned a high priced item should be kept at immediate payment, thus the deal is not done nor does the listing come down until such time as its paid, if you have this option it does take away the ability to give a deduction on shipping on multiple purchases ,however the buyer only needs to inform you of their intent to purchase multiples and you can put a package together for them ,and in the mean time inquire as to their legitimacy ,By the way great forum Magnolia,!!! Keep up the great work ,Blessings Brandin & Solice

spiritsearcher
Its because of people like this we must be very wary of sellers and buyers...
To be honest if the item is not calling to you or there is no energy being felt while trying to connect, why on earth would you buy it first and ask such ludacris questions after the fact..From what I recall after you commit to buy, you must pay, why would the seller have any remorse for someone who is unsure, unless for un forseen circumstances...

Ebay has truly become a haven for fakes, and it grows daily and daily everyday.
We must band together to help others from making the mistakes whether we have made them or not..Ive been taken more than once, but live and learn. At least now we can share with others and prevent them from being taken from such frauds...All the items I have purchased from Rhonda have all been brimming with incredible energy..I have never questioned an item after the fact...

Its become hard to be a honest seller on ebay with all these issues from frauds..
as well as us as buyers...

willowswizard
Spiritsearcher: I could not agree more, as soon as you hit that buy button you enter into a legally binding contract, I myself have turned away at least 7 potential customers on the premise of the energy not calling or feeling a connection , yes the frauds increase on a daily basis ,I receive questions all the time such as "I bought an item and it does'nt work will your charger box recharge it" response-How can you recharge something that is'nt there!I believe this forum is a super starting point to help in awareness of these types ,both buyers and sellers!! I dont or have'nt had the honor of meeting RHONDA and wish her well in her unfortunate quest ! my blocked list grows daily unfortunately ,and what of the new intentions of ebay to rule out negative feedback towards buyers ,how does a seller forewarn others with this option taken away if a buyer does turn out like this ......that Rhonda is dealing with, and does this open a whole new floodgate of feedback extortion knowing only the seller can receive a negative, and what of the pending gathering for a no listing week on the 18th to prevent this action? I guess I am opening more questions than giving answers here ,
until recently we never bothered to read or really look at the other sellers ,we have what we believe is true white ,wiccan Magick and until I spoke at length with a customer and well respected member of this forum I never realized the level of fraud sellers and bashing going on,and thought why would people still buy from these sellers when it is obvious they bide not by the wiccan ways!!
my suggestion was only to try to assist in the aspect of the item at least remaining up while the avenues to deal with such a malicious bidder goes on, and it is totally unfair to the honest buyer to have sellers wary of them ,...
I am so greatfull to have been guided and invited here, the knowledge shared is priceless......

sadie*blink
mmwearingwarmsocks and susanwales2146 are zero feedback bidders, brand new accounts, who both bid on eBay item number 370029980688 this week and "won." Unfortunately, they do not meet my preset buyer requirements to weed out troublesome buyers (as a witch, I never am sure if someone is on a right-wing "witch hunt" or not, so I have a ten feedback minimum for my buyers so I can feel somewhat comfortable knowing if they are honestly interested in my magickals or if they are bidding to leave a negative). The first one to bid was susanwales2146; I sent her a nice e-mail to come back when she had ten feedbacks. Never heard from her. I relisted the item; mmwearingwarmsocks then "buys" the SAME item. Again, zero feedback. NEVER SENDS PAYMENT. Something felt not right about that. So, I send him the same "sorry, pls. come back when you comply with my policies as per eBay's User Agreement I reserve the right to refuse sale" e-mail. Then I relist it... again. So, $5.00 in relisting fees later, susanwales2146 requests my contact information and leaves me positive feedback, even though we are not completing the transaction! Then, Dove e-mails me about susanwales2146 to ask if she paid, as she noticed that she left me positive feedback. Apparently she did the same thing to Dove, as well as a few other "zero feedback buyers" who are bidding, leaving posisive feedback, and then requesting sellers' contact information. It is all very odd. The other one that Dove said did this was 916lawandab. Anyone else having these "issues"?
I only got positive feedback from susan; not from wearingsocks...am wondering if my feedback message should be a warning to other meta sellers...
Namaste,
Sadie

Well, we figured out what they are doing: they are leaving positive feedback, but intentionally dropping our star ratings when they leave it, hoping we don't catch on...I scrolled over my stars and noticed they'd dropped after that particular fb was left. No one else had left any for that day at that time, so I know it was this individual. I am not the only seller they've done it to; I know of at least two others. They're hoping to fly under the radar by leaving a "free" positive feedback...but the stars tell a different story.
Why can't we all just get along!!!!?????
Namaste,
Sadie

Hatshpset
dear sadie; you have every right to limit whom is eligible to participate for your items - couldn't you even restrict a special auction to someone with 200 or 300 positive feedbacks if you wished? that certainly would have helped magnolia in this current auction of her's weed out some ineligibles, but then how do you do it without getting a complaint filed on you? if a seller is offering something truly spectacular that obviously calls to a legitimate few but clearly meant for only that one it expects, how can a seller restrict bids then? obviously the person scammed magnolia and i feel badly about that - silver lining was that he was a fraud and magnolia was able to stop the item from going to them. i truly have a respect for reputable sellers as i can truly understand the different types of people you must have to deal with on a daily basis.

as for feedback and those "stars", it takes a lot for me to give a seller anything less than all of the stars under each category. i simply realize how much sellers in this category especially deal with now with both fraudulent sellers and buyers or shills for the fake sellers trying to get their hands on legitimate items to resell, so i give the benefit of the doubt all the time. i can count on two fingers how many times i've left less stars for a seller and they deserved it for one or more reasons.

also as a practicing wiccan, i know what you mean about witch hunts even in these times. ignorant people are often afraid of that which they are not familiar with and it never fails that if you say the word witch you always hear someone say "oh they deal with satan" or some other truly stupid remark or thought. blessed be! arsine

CreepyHollows
Well this happened to me with hickoryweiss80. They immediately requested my personal information and their personal information was fake. I called eBay and they deleted the auction in its entirety so feedback could not be left. You need to call eBay immediately and explain the situation, especially if they requested your personal information. I know three other sellers who have experienced this exact situation. I don't know why but they are accumulating the personal information of as many sellers as they can.

These are other IDs identified as being a part of this:

jamesjackson60
lsweette
aluhe65
savannah.304

dove
These people are very scary because we are not sure what they want with our personal information.

As sellers, do what you can to protect your privacy.

It is a shame that we have to feel "stalked" in this way, but rather than fight, we can simply hide!

Blessings,dove

angelheart
new here
new here

I have a couple of questons.
1. I wonder if dereksmagicshop is linked to a guy named Derek Snead?

2. Can a person on Ebay file a formal complaint about being blocked due to slanderous (yes! slanderous) statements? You are correct, Magnolia! Making false/untrue statements are considered liable & slanderous & can be won with evidence.

kovus
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

[quote="angelheart"]I have a couple of questons.
1. I wonder if dereksmagicshop is linked to a guy named Derek Snead?

2. Can a person on Ebay file a formal complaint about being blocked due to slanderous (yes! slanderous) statements? You are correct, Magnolia! Making false/untrue statements are considered liable & slanderous & can be won with evidence.[/quote]

Not sure about the first one, but I'd think there are a lot of Derek's. Is there a reason you think they may be linked?

As far as the other, I'd just like to point out that slander and liable are basically the same thing. Slander is spoken, Liable is printed/written. I believe in both you have to prove that by them making those statements it hurt your public image. So if someone just sent you an email bad-mouthing you or called you on the phone and no one else was there to see/hear what they were saying/reading then it basically doesn't fit because your public image wasn't hurt by it. This is my understanding from a Business Law class taken a couple years ago. Part of a business minor in college for me (for whatever its worth).

-kovus
<wishing I could experience something/anything>

Return to “For eBay Sellers”