Is my Meditation scary?

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
Angel Paradise
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0

Dear All,

I started my meditation about 4 years ago. Once i woke up , i will start my meditatie and usually will last about 15 to 30 mins.

When i was in my meditation , i could feel my eye blink with my eye closed, my eyelid was half open.

It's happen my brother saw it and said these: "Sister, it's so scary , your eyelid was half open only see the white part of your eye, can't see your pupil"

Did anyone have this experience? Is my meditation scary :( ?

Angel Paradise

Blessings
All of life come to me with ease, joy and glory
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Angel, Hi!

You probably know all or most of this, but here is my explanation:

Physiological things happen when you meditate. Energies not only begin to work more efficiently and quickly, but in new ways. All parts/aspects of the physical, astral, mental, and etheric bodies are involved with themselves and with each other.

These meditational self-involvements work through a series of interrelated and parallel systems. The most well known are:

Chakra

Tantric rearrangements of mental self images and dual images of Self & Other.

Tantric arrangement of dual physical sexuality with or without single or dual images used
by 2 people.

Manipulation of the inner tides of the 180,000 multi-colored "Winds" and the additional
180,000 Blue, White, & Red "Drops".

Physical asanas.

Meditation on Emptiness.

Meditation on internal, external, or both sound.

Meditation on Daily Work as a form of Detachment of Ego.

And there are others.

All of these can and do cause Physical "Kriyas" which are odd physical movements such as physical expression, feeling hot, rocking back and forth or from side to side or both, your tongue "insisting on touching the top of your mouth, your eyes rolling upwards, and so on.

With Mental Kriyas, you may find your mind attaching to images and thoughts from the profound and serious to the humourous to the embarassing.

If the Kriyas become too uncomfortable - just stop meditating, and the Kriya will go away gently.

R. D. laing wrote a book of poems called "Knots' which are really exercises for understanding how the human mind can "tie-up" its thinking process. I have used my copy quite often since it was published in 1970 (Still available) in many ways, it explains "Mental Kriyas" which are energy blocks being opened up.

If you feel uncomfortable meditating than stop for a day and then meditate for shorter periods.

There is nothing wrong, dangerous, or spookey about any of this, it is just that people see this, don't know what is happening, and, quite often assume the worst....

Om A Ra Pa Saa Naa Dee Swaha

Caiyros

"I'm just a designer-builder of niteclub-al kabarets looking for the stage lighting box." SCS
"Open the Pod Bay Door, Hal" Dave Bowman
david2885
active contributor
active contributor

If it's any reassurance I often find that I catch myself unconsciously doing the same thing in some of my meditation sessions, especially in some third eye meditations. I don't think it's anything unnatural, and it's nothing to be scared of. I would suggest closing the door so your brother doesn't walk in on you while you're trying to meditate though. I guess it can be scary to look at, and you probably don't want anybody disturbing you while you're meditating anyway.

(A side note about the word 'Kriyas' I found of slight interest:
'kiriya' in Thai can mean 'manner/behavior' (the way in which you do something), and 'kriya' just means 'verb'. Both non-threatening definitions that support the notion that these 'kriyas' are nothing to be scared of.
Just an interesting correlation there...Probably due to the Sanskrit roots of the language.)

Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

david2885 wrote:If it's any reassurance I often find that I catch myself unconsciously doing the same thing in some of my meditation sessions, especially in some third eye meditations. I don't think it's anything unnatural, and it's nothing to be scared of. I would suggest closing the door so your brother doesn't walk in on you while you're trying to meditate though. I guess it can be scary to look at, and you probably don't want anybody disturbing you while you're meditating anyway.

'kiriya' in Thai can mean 'manner/behavior' (the way in which you do something), and 'kriya' just means 'verb'. Both non-threatening definitions that support the notion that these 'kriyas' are nothing to be scared of.
Just an interesting correlation there...Probably due to the Sanskrit roots of the language.)
There are a number of books on Kriyas.

From the Great God Wiki, LOL:

"Yogananda describes Kriya Pranayama, "The Kriya Yogi mentally directs his life energy to revolve, upward and downward, around the six spinal centers (medullary, cervical, dorsal, lumbar, sacral, and coccygeal plexuses) which correspond to the twelve astral signs of the zodiac, the symbolic Cosmic Man. One-half minute of revolution of energy around the sensitive spinal cord of man effects subtle progress in his evolution; that half-minute of Kriya equals one year of natural spiritual unfoldment." [4]

In Kriya Quotes from Swami Satyananda, it is written, "Kriya sadhana may be thought of as the sadhana of the "practice of being in Atman."

Once one is familiar with Kriya Yoga, 3 very good "manuals for relating it to human thought processes are:
Spanda Karikas - trans Jaideva Singh
Vijnana Bhairaiva - trans Jaideva Singh
The Serpent Power written, edited, translated by Arthur Avalon (John Woodroffe)

Caiyros
Last edited by Caiyros Damia Imran on Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm just a designer-builder of niteclub-al kabarets looking for the stage lighting box." SCS
topazz
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

That's very interesting reading Caiyros and David, thanks for sharing...

May i ask what "Om A Ra Pa Saa Naa Dee Swaha" means??

The only thing i will get, Angel, is that i become aware shortly into the meditation that i am tilting my whole body to the right. It almost feels that i will topple over. Sometimes it will bring me back out of it, sometimes i will step past it. Whenever i come back from meditation though, i realise that i am perfectly straight in my chair - a friend has even told me i hadn't moved when i'd convinced myself i was falling :roll:

It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird!

Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

[quote="topazz"]That's very interesting reading Caiyros and David, thanks for sharing...

May i ask what "Om A Ra Pa Saa Naa Dee Swaha" means??

It is the mantrum to gain Wisdom and Useful Knowledge and also it is the mantrum of Manju Shri the Buddhist Bodhisattva of Wisdom and Knowledge......."Swaha" basically means "The End" as you would see on the last page of a book. It is also a gentle letting down of excess energies...while keeping the needed ones.

It is written here in American-Phonetic Sanskrit. "OM" of course, is the Universal Sound.

Caiyros

Angel Paradise
neophyte
neophyte

If you feel uncomfortable meditating than stop for a day and then meditate for shorter periods.

There is nothing wrong, dangerous, or spookey about any of this, it is just that people see this, don't know what is happening, and, quite often assume the worst....

Om A Ra Pa Saa Naa Dee Swaha

Caiyros[/quote]

Thanks Caiyros for the information. Meditation really part of my life which i do it every morning. It's like food to me everyday, and i enjoyed very much, It's help me feel connected and peace..which i can't stop for one single day. :lol:

I don't really feel uncomfortable just that i have scare my brother.

Angel Paradise

Blessings
Angel Paradise
neophyte
neophyte

david2885 wrote:If it's any reassurance I often find that I catch myself unconsciously doing the same thing in some of my meditation sessions, especially in some third eye meditations. I don't think it's anything unnatural, and it's nothing to be scared of. I would suggest closing the door so your brother doesn't walk in on you while you're trying to meditate though. I guess it can be scary to look at, and you probably don't want anybody disturbing you while you're meditating anyway.

Thanks David for the clear explaination, :lol:

I will locked the door wihen i mediate so that i won't scare my brother anymore.

Angel Paradise

Blessings

Return to “Meditation”