You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Divine Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Cobweb Weaver
Zodiac:

Scordra wrote: OMG I'm in total agreement here. My son loved Pokemon and a few years back I bought him a Pokemon Edition DS...well, I thought I did. It was suppose to be New In Box too. I'm not too savy on every electronic thing. It had the box, item looked new, the seals looked sealed, etc. Well, a few months later it wouldn't charge so I sent it into Nintendo to get it fixed for free *ahem*...Nintendo writes me back stating it's not even a Nintendo product. So, I got scammed and the seller wasn't even on Ebay anymore...they were selling some kind of Acai cr*p drinks on an external site. Ebay told me buyer protection went past the time I could file...and I was out about $200. Not to mention I had to buy my son a new DS...because it was my fault, not his. What really p'd me off the most? The Ebay rep tells me that I should EBAY the boot legged DS system. REALLY? I was angered by this...I would NEVER do that to someone. I figured if I ever did list it on Ebay, I'd write in the listing that "as per Ebay's customer service rep (I have his name) I'm selling this boot legged NON-Nintendo fake...if anyone wanted it for parts, the case, whatever." I was dumbfounded that I would be told to list it on the site and what, screw someone else???

I know there are other pagan sites that sell tons of metaphysical stuff....but they are less known and you know what though? If Ebay does push such a measure that forbids or makes it extremely difficult to sell metaphysical items, these other sites will just get more of an audience. Change always comes you just have to find a way to seize the advantage. I guess I'm going to start googling "pagan auction sites" and see what pops up....

I seriously hope Ebay takes more of a stance to alter some of their buyer protection policies or seller requirements or something rather than go to some sort of Prohibition level...we are a smart metaphysical community...let's put heads together and come up with something!!

Blessings,
Scordra
Kind of taking this a little off topic with this, but there is a lot of black market Pokemon stuff. Some people even edit the actual games to customize the gameplay then stick it on eBay and sell it like it's a whole new game. I bought a copy of one of the GBA version of the game on eBay once and it was a fake. Luckily I found out it was fake a few days after receiving it as it wiped my save game by itself and I knew there was something wrong with it. I contacted the seller and he gave me a refund for the actual price of the cartridge but made me ship it back to them having me pay for shipping. No where near what happened to you, but I caught it in time and got to leave some nasty feedback :devil:

So yeah, defiantly a lot of frauds on eBay and like you I'd been had my more outside of metaphysical stuff then in.

- Cobweb Weaver, Basttera, Child of Dragons, devotee of Bastet and Anubis X..X 0x.
WingedWolfPsion
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like what I am. ;)
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Winged Wolf
Zodiac:

Discontinued categories
Everything Else: Metaphysical: Psychic, Paranormal > Readings
Everything Else: Metaphysical: Psychic, Paranormal > Spells, Potions
Everything Else: Metaphysical: Tarot Readings

They are not closing the entire Metaphysical section.

The following items are also being added to the prohibited items list: advice; spells; curses; hexing; conjuring; magic; prayers; blessing services; magic potions; healing sessions; work from home businesses & information; wholesale lists, and drop shop lists.

I do not see haunted items being prohibited. What seems to be prohibited are items with no physical object (with the exception of magic potions, which might be questionable due to safety concerns).

I called Ebay on this issue, and the person I spoke to told me that he did not believe my items would be affected by these changes, and that they have not yet made firm decisions yet--they are still in the planning stage. Those who believe they might be affected or have an opinion on this should call or use the suggestion box on Ebay to voice their opinion, as they are paying attention to what stakeholders are saying.

Do I trust this person? No. However, I do think that our best option is to make a LOT of noise right now. Noise that Ebay can actually hear, that is--complaining on forums won't help, but calling and writing to Ebay will. They don't WANT to take us into consideration, but if they get enough feedback, they will.

--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire..."
pinpoint
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 231
Spelled Number: 54
Your favorite spirit to work with: Emma
If I could be anything, I would be...: Spirit Guide
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Pinpoint

Looks like ebay has been removing metaphysical items again. I had a spirit doll I wanted to rehome that i had bought from ebay and it was removed for intangible items policy. I know they do this sometimes. Do you think it will blow over?

Return to “eBay/Etsy/Bonanaza/Website Auctions & Listings”