Catoblepas Pathworking

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

I wasn't sure whether to put this in Meditation or here, because honestly, while I did this visualization WITH my Cat, it can also be done without one. However, my Cat specifically requested that I post the experience, so I'm putting it here... and he DID help.

TOOLS:

Your Catoblepas's vessel (if you have one)

Path of Fate Spell
My So Called Strife Spell
Lifestlyle Array Spell
Life Balance Spell
Life Line Spell
Moonlight Guide Spell
Contact With Spirits Through Thought, Visions, Meditation & Dreams Spell

THE MEDITATION

(NOTES: If you don't have a Catoblepas, skip the first section of the meditation after relaxation and go straight to the thread-working.)

Take three, deep, soothing breaths. The first breath relaxes your body. The second breath relaxes your mind and heart. The third breath relaxes your soul.

As you sink into your breath, sink also into your center, and from there, connect to both earth and sky.

When you are centered and grounded, take another breath, and realize that all around you is the sound of thunder. When you open your mental eyes, you discover that you are standing in the center of a herd of Bison... hundreds of thousands of bison, and the sound of the thunder all around you comes from their hooves as they move, like a brown wave, across the prairie you find yourself on. You smell wild cattle, dirt stirred up into the air. You smell the fertilizer they leave behind as they travel. You taste the grit on the wind. You hear the constant low bawling of bison to bison, and feel that deep rumble in the earth as they pass.

As you stand there, bison swerving around you to continue their journey, you notice one beast that is not at all like the rest. Instead of brown, he is black. In stead of long hair, his is short, and in some places, he is hairless. Instead of two small horns on either side of his head, his horns are long. He is fully a third larger than the others around him. His shoulder crest is sharper, and taller. His head is almost like a wild boar, and his back has scales. His sides are striped like a wildebeest.

And unlike the other bison, who avoid you, this creature approaches you. He looks you in the eye, nods his head, and stands close enough to touch. Of course, you cannot resist... you reach out... and clasp his shoulder. The slick hardness of scales, the sharp edges, smooth under your hands. The transition from scales to hide is subtle, and his hindquarters are soft. You scratch his back flanks, and he stomps a hind foot. You move back up to his head, and as with horses, you scratch his nose between the eyes... and then he kneels.

You immediately understand the invitation... and clamber onto the back of the beast, briefly noticing that during your exploration, the other bison have vanished... and you are now in an inbetween place. Before you can think too much about that, he leaps forwards... towards a path that appears out of the grey, misty nothingness...

And without a doubt... you know it is YOUR path. And it is in KNOTS. The jumble, the chaos, the snarl is so complex your eyes cannot see all the threads. In your mind you think... how will I EVER get out of THAT mess??? And also in your mind comes the surety that, with him beside you... of course you will. You smile... and both of you reach towards the snarl.

As you touch it, you realize, the first thing you need is to see what each thread is. As you touch the snarl, they all snap apart - and you realize what's actually there is a nexus, not a snarl. It's a nexus of paths, a moment of choice. Before you, all around you, are all the different directions you could go, right now, in this moment. Each of them leads to a different place, a different outcome, a different life.

As he stands beside you, you realize... it's time to make some choices. He can smooth the path... but you must walk it - he will assist, but he does not choose for you. YOUR WILL BE DONE.

Touch each of the threads around you. Notice... they each have a sound, a color, a taste, a feel, a smell to them. However you interpret psychic information best, that is how the nature of the path, the choice, will occur to you. For me, when I touched each one, there was a sound... some were more like beautiful bells... some jangled and sounded discordant. Some were golden, some were dark. Some were faint, some were very solid.

Touch each strand... and then, having touched them all... choose.

When you have chosen... bring your focus to bear on that strand... Move closer, and closer, until you see nothing but that strand... until that strand becomes a path.

Step onto the path. Bind yourself to that path. Wed your feet to it. Marry your purpose... and walk.

As you begin to walk... you realize that each step brings you closer to your body, to your consciousness...

When you have walked far enough... you find yourself back in your body, aware again of your breathing. Take three deep breaths. The first breath awakens your soul. The second breath awakens your mind and your heart. The third breath awakens your body. Open your eyes, and smile... and remember to thank your Catoblepas for the experience.

Brightest blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”