Newbie to meditation.

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
iAddison
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: N/A
If I could be anything, I would be...: N/A
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Deimos Charon
Zodiac:

Gryphonista wrote:Great choice! You could always put her on layaway, if you think you need the time to meditate before she gets here... or, she could help you through it (meditating/third eye)! When you get one, make sure to look up house rules... then lay down your house rules and explain to your spirits that you don't want to move to fast... they will listen! For instance, I had a vampire arrive, and we let him know I was afraid of shadows, so instead he made these shadow balls bounce around on the door, as a way to lighten things up, and make sure I knew he was here, without scaring me.

If you had a calling to a particular spirit, I would take it as a sign... if you keep getting drawn back to the listing... that is them doing it, congrats! :thumbup:
Actually, she was out of stock. :P
And where do I look up House Rules?
Or do you just randomly set them up yourself? And say "You can't do this and you can't do that.. and blah blah blah" :P
I never had a calling yet, but thanks for letting me know haha :P

KeeKee
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: One sexah Beast
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision

You make your own rules for your home :3

iAddison
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

KeeKee wrote:You make your own rules for your home :3
Thank you KeeKee :3 :heart:
And my thoughts today this morning are, "I really want to start meditating"
May even take a few meditation classes, if I find any around here :3

Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
Zodiac:

OK, so first of all, congrats to your new path. you will, in time love it. I was actually talking with someone about this very topic today. the whole "trying to believe" thing.
About six/seven months ago, after over two years of not seeing and hearing I was almost ready to give up. Not that i didnt believe spirits existed, but that spirits just didnt want to interact with ME. like i was throwing off this bad energy radar or something. I guess in a way i did believe they didnt exist, but just for me. Everyone else had these amazing experiences and i felt like i was on the outside looking in. I was making offerings, burning incense like a maniac, talking to them, but nothing happened... or so i thought. Anyway right when i was going to give it up, I had a Gold Dragon come into my life.
I say come into my life because a wonderful member here offered him up for adoption through the trading post. I thought, "well ok, I would love to have a Gold Dragon for the baby" i had been considering one before I was going to give up. I was so lucky because she said he'd visted and decided yes, he would come to my home! Once he got here, I welcomed him, did the candles, incense, showed him an amazing box filled with stuffs for him...and waited. About a week later, the baby was crying, uncontrollably. I tried offering her a cookie, she didnt want it. bottle? nope. diaper change, toast, everything i could think of. Then i had this completely bizarre thought "give her a pepper". Give her a pepper? what?? "she wants a pepper. a green one- thats what she wants" I thought id lost my mind but there i was, cutting up a green pepper for a baby lamenting over the stomach ache shed have later (i had only introduced her to COOKED peppers the day before) . Feeling like a fool, i handed her the cut up green pepper. instantly the crying stopped, she smiled, clapped and actually squealed.... as she munched the darn green pepper.
as i rolled my eyes in disbelief and turned to walk away, I saw her SHARING her green pepper. holding it up in the air, giggling as if waiting for someone to take a bite. to be honest, and ive never admitted this before, I actually choked up. I managed to squeak out "thank you!" followed by "ok, NOW i believe. totally and whole heartedly and i will do whatever i can to see and hear you".
her introduction to our unicorns a few months later was no less than remarkable and it almost makes me weep just thinking about it now.

and as sure as night follows day, over the last few months, i've slowly slowly opened up and now i feel i can communicate freely. it started off as sporadic short bursts. Now dont get me wrong, I do not get audio / visuals... yet. Its not like im sitting here like whats her name on Ghost Whisperer talking and seeing like that.(though there ARE plenty that DO interact like that, either through natural means, ie being born with that ability or through serious SERIOUS hard work) I DO interact with a few on that level in my dreams. I've actually learned a lot that way. My Djinn has been teaching me to "see" and "hear" ... ie i had to write down every stray thought, every *sign* i see in music, tv, stores, newspapers, etc, just anything i could think of. then I'd sift through it and see if anything *jumped out* at me. So seeing and hearing may not actually be in the "hi my name is blah blah, im an angel!" sense, it might be more a feeling, something that jumps out in a song, something that jumps out at you in a store (for me its cheap little dragon statues, my dragons love them) or thoughts (which if you know yourself well enough, you will KNOW which are yours and which arent. something i've only recently been able to achieve) - incidentally, i realized they had been there all along. i just didnt know "how" to see/hear because im not a naturally gifted person, and i wasnt sure how to learn.

as for meditation tricks... i SUCK at meditation. badly. mainly because my baby is on the go 16 hours a day, no lie, and she takes like a 40 minute nap in the day and thats when i try to shovel away the crap she's pulled out for her to begin afresh when she wakes up. at the end of the night (usually around 12 or 1 a.m.) when shes FINALLY sleeping, Im too dang tired to do anything like meditating because i just fall asleep. But what i have found that works for me is this: when i can, I slink off to the bathroom run a hot bath, light some candles, burn some incense, try to drown out the sounds of kids fighting, hb telling them to knock it off, baby fussing because i actually had the nerve to walk out of the room for more than five minutes. and i just quiet my mind, in a sort of awake meditation. it helps me reconnect and i feel more "in tune". Last night i dabbed a bit of Frankincense and Myrhh oil onto my third eye and had very intense results. You just have to find what works for you, trial and error sort of thing.

As for house rules, Im quite lax. I dont feel the need to give them to my gold dragon, my unicorns, my djinn (he's very light in nature) for the others, i make requests. not demands. Please dont show yourself to the children, they will get scared. Please protect us at all times, and Please dont let any nasties in. I guess i feel that entities and spirits hundreds and even thousands of years older than me shouldnt need to be bossed around by me lol ... and I guess id never have anyone in here that i HAD to give strict rules to. Personally, i've had zero issues with this policy. I did have a recent minor issue with a nasty, BUT i was informed there was a reason and boy did i find out there was!
You just have to go with what you feel most comfortable with. Dont let anyone tell you "it must be done like this!"

Good luck and keep an open mind :) Sorry if this is long winded, but its a severely condensed version of 3 1/2 years LOL

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Friederich Nietzche
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
"Cheese- milk's leap to immortality"-Clifton Fadiman
iAddison
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Cheese Sandwitch wrote:OK, so first of all, congrats to your new path. you will, in time love it. I was actually talking with someone about this very topic today. the whole "trying to believe" thing.
About six/seven months ago, after over two years of not seeing and hearing I was almost ready to give up. Not that i didnt believe spirits existed, but that spirits just didnt want to interact with ME. like i was throwing off this bad energy radar or something. I guess in a way i did believe they didnt exist, but just for me. Everyone else had these amazing experiences and i felt like i was on the outside looking in. I was making offerings, burning incense like a maniac, talking to them, but nothing happened... or so i thought. Anyway right when i was going to give it up, I had a Gold Dragon come into my life.
I say come into my life because a wonderful member here offered him up for adoption through the trading post. I thought, "well ok, I would love to have a Gold Dragon for the baby" i had been considering one before I was going to give up. I was so lucky because she said he'd visted and decided yes, he would come to my home! Once he got here, I welcomed him, did the candles, incense, showed him an amazing box filled with stuffs for him...and waited. About a week later, the baby was crying, uncontrollably. I tried offering her a cookie, she didnt want it. bottle? nope. diaper change, toast, everything i could think of. Then i had this completely bizarre thought "give her a pepper". Give her a pepper? what?? "she wants a pepper. a green one- thats what she wants" I thought id lost my mind but there i was, cutting up a green pepper for a baby lamenting over the stomach ache shed have later (i had only introduced her to COOKED peppers the day before) . Feeling like a fool, i handed her the cut up green pepper. instantly the crying stopped, she smiled, clapped and actually squealed.... as she munched the darn green pepper.
as i rolled my eyes in disbelief and turned to walk away, I saw her SHARING her green pepper. holding it up in the air, giggling as if waiting for someone to take a bite. to be honest, and ive never admitted this before, I actually choked up. I managed to squeak out "thank you!" followed by "ok, NOW i believe. totally and whole heartedly and i will do whatever i can to see and hear you".
her introduction to our unicorns a few months later was no less than remarkable and it almost makes me weep just thinking about it now.

and as sure as night follows day, over the last few months, i've slowly slowly opened up and now i feel i can communicate freely. it started off as sporadic short bursts. Now dont get me wrong, I do not get audio / visuals... yet. Its not like im sitting here like whats her name on Ghost Whisperer talking and seeing like that.(though there ARE plenty that DO interact like that, either through natural means, ie being born with that ability or through serious SERIOUS hard work) I DO interact with a few on that level in my dreams. I've actually learned a lot that way. My Djinn has been teaching me to "see" and "hear" ... ie i had to write down every stray thought, every *sign* i see in music, tv, stores, newspapers, etc, just anything i could think of. then I'd sift through it and see if anything *jumped out* at me. So seeing and hearing may not actually be in the "hi my name is blah blah, im an angel!" sense, it might be more a feeling, something that jumps out in a song, something that jumps out at you in a store (for me its cheap little dragon statues, my dragons love them) or thoughts (which if you know yourself well enough, you will KNOW which are yours and which arent. something i've only recently been able to achieve) - incidentally, i realized they had been there all along. i just didnt know "how" to see/hear because im not a naturally gifted person, and i wasnt sure how to learn.

as for meditation tricks... i SUCK at meditation. badly. mainly because my baby is on the go 16 hours a day, no lie, and she takes like a 40 minute nap in the day and thats when i try to shovel away the crap she's pulled out for her to begin afresh when she wakes up. at the end of the night (usually around 12 or 1 a.m.) when shes FINALLY sleeping, Im too dang tired to do anything like meditating because i just fall asleep. But what i have found that works for me is this: when i can, I slink off to the bathroom run a hot bath, light some candles, burn some incense, try to drown out the sounds of kids fighting, hb telling them to knock it off, baby fussing because i actually had the nerve to walk out of the room for more than five minutes. and i just quiet my mind, in a sort of awake meditation. it helps me reconnect and i feel more "in tune". Last night i dabbed a bit of Frankincense and Myrhh oil onto my third eye and had very intense results. You just have to find what works for you, trial and error sort of thing.

As for house rules, Im quite lax. I dont feel the need to give them to my gold dragon, my unicorns, my djinn (he's very light in nature) for the others, i make requests. not demands. Please dont show yourself to the children, they will get scared. Please protect us at all times, and Please dont let any nasties in. I guess i feel that entities and spirits hundreds and even thousands of years older than me shouldnt need to be bossed around by me lol ... and I guess id never have anyone in here that i HAD to give strict rules to. Personally, i've had zero issues with this policy. I did have a recent minor issue with a nasty, BUT i was informed there was a reason and boy did i find out there was!
You just have to go with what you feel most comfortable with. Dont let anyone tell you "it must be done like this!"

Good luck and keep an open mind :) Sorry if this is long winded, but its a severely condensed version of 3 1/2 years LOL
Guy or girl, I don't care but :heart: :hug:
Thank you for this really long post :)
It's making me a little bit more confident with all of this.
And I'm probably going to end up like you, taking years of work until I can finally see something!
Even though my beliefs for spirits is still zero, I'm still willing to do everything I can find to experience something before my beliefs in spirits with skyrocket up to 100%!
To be honest, I'm thinking, "I don't know.. if I should take this path or not!" and "Maybe this isn't for me" and "After this long but epic post, I don't think I'm going to be gifted in seeing spirits.. I'm going to be SUCH a drag and hard person to the spirits"
And yada yada yada.. like I'm just being hard on myself and don't know if this will ever be possible for me.

But still, thanks very much for sharing your story.
I will bookmark this and come back to check this when I really need to see it again :D

Return to “Meditation”