Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

From today until November 30th you can submit your story for what you are thankful for into this thread!

Keep your submission under 500 words, please.

The subject can be anything; your family, your friends, your spirits, your path, anything at all that you are thankful for!

You can submit multiple entries, if desired.

Submit right into this thread to enter! Place the words "ENTRY" at the top of your post to make it easy to differentiate between entries and responses.

GRAND PRIZE $100
2ND PLACE $50
3RD PLACE $25

Deposited directly into your Paypal account if you are the winner!

Members will vote in a poll to determine the winner December 1st! :D

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Yrk
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

ENTRY

I am thankful for Life itself; for the infinite opportunities and directions that are available and the sheer numbers of choices that we make in our own unique path of growth. I am thankful for individuality and all of the varied experiences that we have; the physical senses, the higher senses, the ability to make drastic changes both within ourselves and the world around us, the highs and lows of emotion, the complexities of connections with others.. the list is endless. Even though I can feel lost and overwhelmed at times, I know i'm exactly where I need to be and learning just what is needed in order to grow.. And really when you think about the overall picture of life in it's many forms, and the odds of any of it even existing in the first place.. it's just mind boggling and it's hard not to be in greatful awe of it all :D

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

I am thankful for the fact that no matter what weapons world war 3 is fought with world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones. (hopefully WWIII never comes)

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Entry: I am thank-full for all those experiences I have had, the good and the bad, for if I had not had them, then I would not be the person I am right now, and be where I am at right now!!!!

I am also thank-full for all the new experiences that will come my way, for to me, that makes life so exciting, learning new ways, learning new things, always growing until the day I pass from this plane of existence into another realm!!!

I am very thank-full for my hubby, who taught me that not all men were bad, my wonderful children who have grown to be wonderful adults, even though they had lived their early years with abuse!!!!

All of the wonderful animals that I have known and taught me about loving without expecting anything in return!!!

My spirit family who choose me to be with and guided me to where I am at now!!!!

Also very thank-full for coming here to CH and having a wonderful place to share with all of you here in this forum and to have Magnolia and Ash bring us all such knowledge and joy with our spirits!!!! ::hail::

The world in which we live has shifted, because we see things in a different light from which most others see it, and for that, I am very thankful for!!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Syri
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

ENTRY:

I am thankful for a few normal things,and a few not-so-normal things.

I am thankful that I can FEEL. On past medications over the span of 20 years for anxiety/depression disorder,they took away my ability to feel anything at all. I was emotionally numb and shut down for many years and lost some important people in my life who went on without me. Some of the meds were so bad I felt like a passenger in my own body while someone else was driving. I was just along for the ride. The meds I am on now have me functioning like a real human with a life. No matter what feeling I have,be it sorrow (one of my personal faves- a familiar one) to elation- I'm extremely thankful that I can FEEL.

I am thankful that I can breathe. I quit smoking a year ago,and I was in a bad place. Asthma,smoker's cough,recurring bronchitis...My lungs were wrecked. Now I can breathe with the ease and grace of someone youthful again- for that I am thankful.

I am thankful for my ex. He taught me the importance of loving and respecting myself. He taught me that the old saying is true..."Once a dog,always a dog." For that,I thank him and respectfully walk away.

:)

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I am thankful for all the little things that make my life worth living. I am thankful for my great family, spirit family and friends, I am grateful to live in a country where I´m safe and things are well, where I can say what I want and do whatever I feel like, I am thankful for my education, talent and things I can do but most of all I am thankful for being me! I would not change that for anything.

Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

ENTRY...

It would be easy for me to say that I am thankful for...
~ my health.
~ my friends.
~ the fact that I have a job.
~ or any of a thousand other "things" in my life.

The fact is, I AM thankful for each of those things; however, those are things we tend to take for granted when we have them, and more often than not hold deeply negative emotions such as anger, hate, fear or self-pity when we don't have those things to the degree we might wish. No matter how good or bad my health has been, how many loyal friends I've had, what sort of job I had... I could always find someone in a worse situation than I was (whether or not I thought so at the time).

Given that....

The thing that I am TRULY thankful for is my spiritual awakening. I am thankful that I was able to make the choice to escape organized religion and to not let the voice of the government, the pharmaceutical companies and other members of the "shepherd class" control my destiny as they do so many human sheep. I am thankful that I have learned to see beyond the web of the matrix, and that my eyes are opening wider every day.
I am thankful to finally be ME!

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
Barcarana
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

ENTRY

When i step outside the door of the house i live in i can breath the clean air. When i look up i can see the sky.
When i close my eyes i hear no screams of pain. When i walk, the earth does not shake. When i open my heart
i earn a smile. When i talk to someone i am listened to. If there is need, there also is a helping hand.

I am thankful for being alive. I am thankful to live in my home. I am thankful for the people who are and have been a part of my life.
I am thankful for the kindnes of others. I am thankful for the existing of more than meets the eye. I am thankful for my life.

I fear we dont feel as one. I fear that we think we are all different. I fear we may forget who we are.
I fear there may come a time in which all certanties may fall apart. I fear there may be pain and sorrow.

So i am thankful for knowing that whatever comes - we as human beings - we who made so many things possible and yet have still so much to learn -
we who can feel compassion and love - we who are eager to evolve - we will find our common future together and prevail!

I am thankful for the world i live in. And i am thankful for everyone on the CH Forum who reads my post :thumbup:

"There is always more than one truth...
I could say that your just a pile of dust and liquid and that would be true.
I also could say that you are something inside your head that goes away once your dead.
This is also true."

Wings-Bromeliad, by Terry Prattchett
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

I became one part of Human Life,
that is one part of all livings everywhere -
To express a sense of "adequate thankfulness"
is impossible within an endless real
of concurrent infinities.

But the sense of this from my leaving
the midnight waters of subtle
jelly-fish flashings, so electric,
within the womb's swim,
within my mother's womb
and so backwards on
to an endlessly moment's switching,
without beginning,
and without an outside to time.

So from this
comes a joy
from all foreign imagination,
with distraction nourishing sleep,
continually giving all
opportunity and steps
of seeing, breathing, & touching
its miraculous elastics -
always by now-coming
moment by moment by moment
in a quanta wordless song

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Aurum wrote:I am thankful for all the little things that make my life worth living. I am thankful for my great family, spirit family and friends, I am grateful to live in a country where I´m safe and things are well, where I can say what I want and do whatever I feel like, I am thankful for my education, talent and things I can do but most of all I am thankful for being me! I would not change that for anything.
Woops, forgot to mention ENTRY.

Return to “Contests”