acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: MakFilia Lucis
Zodiac:

Ok, I have to post this and I know that a lot of people won't be happy about it.

There are a lot of threads in the public area of the forum about demon keeping. There is a reason we have tenured area on this board, in order to discuss and debate more advanced areas of spirit keeping i.e demon keeping in this case. Also, tenured members have blogs where they can record and document their experiences in the matter.

I'm reading people's exeriences with their demons and that's great. I also know that most of the members who keep demons are also not new to spirit keeping and took the time to learn and experiment with what works best for them and what they can handle, hopefully with no problems.

Again, please understand that this is no way a debate about keeping or not keeping demons. It's about new members who possibly, do not yet have enough experience and knowledge in spirit keeping and they read the threads and get all excited about becoming demon keepers.

I have been spirit keeping for a year and half now and I can tell you for certain that what I know and understand today in the matter is non comparable to what it was when I started. And what I know today is based on every day experience gained as a spirit keeper as well as hard work. You also have to learn about yourself when you start spirit keeping, what energies resonate best with you in order to make the right choices when keeping DA spirits.

There are people who thought they can handle demons in their family, and it seemed they could for a while, but in the end things didn't go right for them. I'm sure the tenured members know exactly what I'm talking about.

Kepping demons it's a serious responsability and you have to have in you to do so. Please don't look at it and see glamour, take the time to consider who you are first and how right this is for you. Even if your energy resonates greatly on the DA side, please still take the time to learn as much as you can.

So, my request to Magnolia and Ash, could we please have a section in the tenured area solely for demons discussions so all topics related would go in there and the topics already on the open forum be moved there.

Be the change you wish to see in the world

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in helping others

May all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to the freedom for all.

Iamme
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Hellhound
My magical/paranormal name...: Alkenis
Zodiac:

As a newbie, I can say I have an interest in demons, but like a lot of new members, we can decided right from wrong. I'm not saying that everyone will decide not to get one, because I'm sure someone has done just that, but I think it should stay open to the public. If they choose to get a demon and it turns on them, they will use that as experience.

I, like many, want to learn. And we can't learn if things are blocked from our view. Just my 2cents

Call me Lexi c:

My Family:
[2] Werewolf, [1] Vampire, [1] Hellhound, [1] Sabertooth, [1] Wolf, [1] Human, [1] Incubus
Madie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: MakFilia Lucis
Zodiac:

Iamme wrote:As a newbie, I can say I have an interest in demons, but like a lot of new members, we can decided right from wrong. I'm not saying that everyone will decide not to get one, because I'm sure someone has done just that, but I think it should stay open to the public. If they choose to get a demon and it turns on them, they will use that as experience.

I, like many, want to learn. And we can't learn if things are blocked from our view. Just my 2cents
With all due respect Iamme, but you just enforced the point I was making.

Your statement that people will put it down to experience when a demon turns on them, that says it all.

Also, about learning as well, you have to start from the beggining, from bare bones, in a safe manner and progress nad develop in your learning path..
Lady Jay wrote:I have to agree with what Madie is saying; I support this request :thumbup:
Thank you Lioness, I have been watching and reading your experiences with most interest. :hug:

Be the change you wish to see in the world

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in helping others

May all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to the freedom for all.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

NO!
It is a very bad idea. Why?

1. You are advocating Fear & Self-Censorship based psychologically upon "What Will Other People Say?" And the only people you are trying to placate are totally against any and all aspects of Non-Abrahamic Religions. Intelligent people would either be interested or bored.

2. You are assuming that people are weak and the slightest deviation from the Ordinary should be kept out of the mainstream. If this is done it will do 3 negative things: 1.) Promote the protection of cowardice; 2. through a cloud of distrust over the Metaphysical Community and 3. Hurt sales, and 4. SOmeone else will come along and have a site that barks out "We are Not Afraid of Negative Opinions.

3. What can be done:
..................................A. Make it impossible for any non-member to go into files and copy them. For members it should be ok ......................................to do this.

..................................B. Face fear as a personal problem.

..................................C. If free speech goes then within a year CH will lose a large number of intellectuals, including myself.
......................................not from anger, but boredom, De facto censorship never works.

..................................D. There is plenty of good will in the CH Forum. Of course, most of us know that individualism and .......................................free speech have been under attack since 1980. You may be too young to remember when ........................................censorship ran rampant after the MCCarthy Hearings......and in 1960, in order to have a reading
........................................copy of Wilhelm Reich's Function of the Orgasm. A booseller who later moved to the Amazon in ........................................order to use his skills as a doctor had to hide it in my parent's trash can...and I came out at ........................................midnight, pretending to tjhrow some stuff away.., smuggled the book into the apartment and ........................................never took it out of the house. I could have been arrested, the book destroyed, and taken away ........................................from my 2 mothers by the "social services " of the time...From a small acorn an oak doth grow.

...................................E. Creating a limitation like this will also irratate or lose people who think its cowardly.

I do want to make clear that I believe your intentions were OF THE BEST. And you are trying to make things better, but in this case, I believe you to be wrong.

Sincere BEst Wishes, (and apologies for the screwed up typing)
Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Steel Wolf Claw
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Totally agree with Caiyros.

"Not knowing it was impossible he went there and did it" (Jean Cocteau)
Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

I agree with Caiyros also. ::included::

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

I have to disagree because simply talking about the topic of demons should be open to all, as equally as talking about other entities that may be considered DA but are very dark. I also see that your intentions are of the best, but one person cannot control someone getting excited about this or that, or possibly making the wrong decision when it comes to spirit keeping. I don't want to see something closeted as a specific group. That is unfair to us I believe and also well, it might sound silly, but to demons.

Sorry Madie I hope my post does not offend you. It is not meant to. :peace:

Cheerz

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

I also agree with Caiyros.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

M- It should be pointed out that this is Socratic disagreement - where all are held in highest regard - but can manage the realities of total disagreement.

Cheers,
Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Lady Elisa
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Too hard to choose!
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret!
Zodiac:

I have to agree with Caiyros.

Freedom of knowledge and exchange of ideas yo. :lol:

Return to “Black Arts”