Copy Cat Sellers!

Post your experiences with eBay sellers.
david2885
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0

Creepy Hollows

IP: 74.71.1.2

Nov 5, 07 - 4:55 AM

COPY CAT SELLERS

Good early morning everyone,

I just wanted to write and tell you that we have a seller who sells under multiple IDs copying us and other sellers. Their names are: MOPAKA43, mysticsrealm43, and lectchells23.

A collector of creepyhollows was kind enough to tell us about one of their listings and TWO other ebay sellers wrote me about mopaka43 and lectchells23. And in a very humurous listing a seller thanks mopaka43 for copying from her as it brings more attention to the original seller in being copied.

Does this mean what they are selling is fake? Not necessarily. It just means they enjoy copying from other sellers rather than do their own work.

However, there is one auction they copied I know to be a fake and their response (and I have it in ebay messages to prove what I'm saying) was:

Dear creepyhollows,

I spent an hour rewriting this listing into my own words.

- lectchells23

As though the fact she spent an hour trying to blatantly hide her copying makes a difference in the light it can't be real. I spent over 8 months time establishing an initial contact in the Ordine Rosso Divino and have made a friendship with this person.

So thank you to the collector and the sellers who alerted me to this and to everyone else just keep your eyes open, as I've said in previous articles and responses you will know who to buy from, use your best judgment and do your homework.

Magnolia.
Email: creepyhollows@hotmail.com

=====================================================================================

Creepy Hollows

Nov 10th, 2007 - 5:06 PM

Re: COPY CAT SELLERS

I received the following message:

Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2007 2:03 PM
To: Creepy Hollows
Subject: Copycat blog

I saw your blog about copycats and wanted to tell you that their is a seller jinnandtonics who copys you to. They copy other sellers to.

I would also like to thank jinnandtonics for copying my listings. They watch and copy at will and I would like to thank them for bringing this to everyone's attention.

Why does copying irk me? Well, it would be like your dedicating your life to something that means the world to you and it is also your means of taking care of your loved ones and you spend countless hours, thousands of dollars and sometimes at your own sacrifice to educate and grow within your craft only to find that someone has come along, copied your hard-earned work and is profiting off your sweat and knowledge.

It would be like going into work tomorrow after you've put in years at your job only to find out that someone they just hired took credit for all your tenure and is getting a promotion. Are they fake? No, not necessarily but they don't have to do any hard work, the answers were spoon fed to them by you.

And on the other end of the spectrum I really don't want fakes and frauds polluting the category. Collectors will buy, not see anything, become disgruntled and further the conception that all things metaphysical and paranormal are fake. Sometimes it only takes one bad apple to spoil the entire tree and with the scrutiny on the belief as it is we don't need any help.

Magnolia.

=====================================================================================

Creepy Hollows

Nov 10th, 2007 - 5:18 PM

I will post these messages as they come to me, and I want to thank everyone who has send me love and support!

Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2007 8:12 PM
To: creepyhollows@hotmail.com
Subject: Spirit adoption

I just saw your post on the spirit adoption could you please send me the link I sent my app in last week. Also the seller winged_wolf_psion copied your verbiage for the spirit stone and I think they are a member of the Elite Society so you may want to look them up.

They didn't copy any verbiage inside of the auction from our Spirit Stones they just copied the title "Spirit Stone" and I have seen an abundance of "Spirit Stones" whether they are called that or not since we first offered them this past Spring.

We invented the idea of the Spirit Stone because pure gemstones hold spirits better and it gives collectors an affordable way to collect the spirits they love without breaking the wallet.

We've discounted the pricing in our store a LOT since we first started on eBay to make spirits and enchantments available to everyone.

Magnolia.

Kay

IP: 66.167.202.117

Nov 17th, 2007 - 12:55 PM

WOW
I am truly shocked over jinnandtonics. I thought they were up to no good but was afraid to call it what it appeared to be because of that 1% chance of being wrong. LOL Very stupid of them to mess with The Creep that way. I am so shocked they would would be so bold to do that. You would have to be dumber than a bad of hammers to do that. LOL GEEE WHIZ.
Email: egyptsy@earthlink.net

Claire

IP: 218.125.0.61

Nov 18th, 2007 - 5:59 AM

I was surprised too that jinnandtonics was copying stuff too. I bought from them once and I had no problem (But the quality of the product is way lower than what I expected lol).

But copying does not mean they are not real right?

Creepy Hollows

Nov 18th, 2007 - 6:37 AM

No, just because another seller copies doesn't mean they're not real it just means they don't feel like taking the time to research or write ads of their own. It could also mean they're not real under some circumstances but just because we thank certain sellers for copying us doesn't mean everything they do or sell is a fake.

Every year there is a psychic fair about 10 miles from our home and every year Leora attends to offer her casting services. There is a witch known by the name of Gusta that copies literally every detail of Leora's booth, clothes, set up and has even sent her own relatives to see Leora so she can find out how she conducts her services inside of her booth. Gusta is a real witch... she's one step away from the looney bin and a lot tempermental... but she's the real deal she just knows Leora does well and wants to do well herself so she copies everything Leora does. It drives Leora crazy and she's said things to Gusta both polite and impolite but it doesn't deter her.

So use your best judgment and go with your gut... you should always trust gut feelings.

Magnolia.

Creepy Hollows

Nov 18th, 2007 - 6:37 AM

No, just because another seller copies doesn't mean they're not real it just means they don't feel like taking the time to research or write ads of their own. It could also mean they're not real under some circumstances but just because we thank certain sellers for copying us doesn't mean everything they do or sell is a fake.

Every year there is a psychic fair about 10 miles from our home and every year Leora attends to offer her casting services. There is a witch known by the name of Gusta that copies literally every detail of Leora's booth, clothes, set up and has even sent her own relatives to see Leora so she can find out how she conducts her services inside of her booth. Gusta is a real witch... she's one step away from the looney bin and a lot tempermental... but she's the real deal she just knows Leora does well and wants to do well herself so she copies everything Leora does. It drives Leora crazy and she's said things to Gusta both polite and impolite but it doesn't deter her.

So use your best judgment and go with your gut... you should always trust gut feelings.

Magnolia.

Dee Dee

IP: 76.98.154.96

Nov 24th, 2007 - 5:07 PM Re: COPY CAT SELLERS

This is my original auction and a way that everyone can go about it when you are copied.

I LOVE OTHER SELLERS THAT FLATTER ME.

Hello Everyone,

I'm so happy today!!!!! Guess what? I won the best website award with horrorfind and then on top of that this great ebay seller Mopaka43 gave me the BEST compliment ever! I was so thrilled to find that they copied my auction word for word I had to reprint it here for all of you to enjoy it too. Now I know that some of you will wonder if you bought something from Mopaka43 if it was a legit item considering that they copied my description and then finding out that they never went to witch Island to actually have the item. Then there are those of you that bought the genies that they sell and you may wonder OMG did I just get ripped off??

NOW PEOPLE,PEOPLE,PEOPLE.....lets all love one another. I know that this is flying around on emails but the poor seller could have a real item and just wanted to spruce up the descriptions. I really am flattered and I mean that. I know that some may say they stole the description in order to sell a fake item that does nothing and never really came from there but we can all look at these things as nothing more then flattery. So below is the description that was originally mine and because I don't want people to feel that they might not get an original item I'm giving up my last one. It is a beauty and your going to love it.

If other sellers see that they have items copied like those Kodami Genies then you too need to thank the same seller.

This is the item I use for business and personal wealth gain. I use it to pay my bills and live in enjoyment. I love this item and you will too. Remember this is a strong and powerful item and your going to be more then glad you have it. Now lets all support the others seller to and go buy something from them. I'm sure their stuff is real,aren't you?

TO EBAY STAFF- In NO way am I saying anything bad about another seller. I wouldn't dream of it and usually don't. I'm truly happy that they stole,crap sorry,I meant to say borrowed my description and I am flattered. I wish to pay them back by helping them out so they can sell more wonderful items too. This helps them AND you when you collect the ebay fee's. Ebay I love you all.With out you so many people would not be going to my website to buy my stuff with the free shipping I offer. My hat is off to you Ebay and of course to Mopaka43 for helping me to advertise my items yet again.

I extend my greatest of thanks to you Mopaka43,thank you yet again.

I then went on with the auction. To the other comment,do you THINK they are real if they are copied?
Email: <<removed by mod>>

Theresa
I was thinking last night.....

Suppose you want to set up a new business on Ebay and sell, let's say, Metaphysical items. :rolleyes: Now the EASIEST thing to do would be to plagiarise someone elses hard work. But that wouldn't be the SMARTEST thing to do. You'd want to do something special or different to make your items stand out, right???

So these copy cat sellers can't be the brightest on the block. ;)

Makes me wonder how many times they were caught in school for plagiarism!!!! :o

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but these people take that to a whole new level!

Return to “Seller Review”