Incense specific for Dark Arts Spirits

Resources and links to information on Dark Arts creatures.
swelfordrn
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 27
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: incubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: fairy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Patrizia
Zodiac:

I am starting my own little herb garden so that I can grow my own for incense. I know that there are some specific herbs that people blend together for their dark arts spirits that increase their energy and activity. Do any of you know of herbs that they would produce these affects?
Thanks in advance
Blessings and light

Ikabard
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Ikabard
Zodiac:

Hello there!

I use a lot of incense myself, but really there are no specific types of incense you will find for dark arts, they are just as random as anyones personal preference in fragrances, what id probably recommend doing though is if your after ones for your own spirits perhaps try a quick look through the Encyclopedia to see if you can maybe match some of your own spirits to any fragrances. If you tell your spirits your doing this for them for one thing they will certainly note that and be appreciative of your efforts anyways so you can't really go wrong! Id perhaps avoid sage as some people suggest some spirits don't like the effects of it.

Id say go with herbs that have a more fruity fragrance so you have a good selection such as Lemongrass etc! then you could ask them once you've finished growing them if they enjoyed it if your able to communicate with them or if not see if you notice any reactions or increase in activity or energy levels which would be an indication they enjoyed that specific fragrance! Good luck!

Ika.

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I find it varies from Spirit to Spirit! I don't think any are specific to Dark Arts, but I do get creative & bring home different ones to see which ones are best suited or liked!

:3
Preston
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 37
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sitael, Haiael
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dominations
My magical/paranormal name...: Preston
Zodiac:

I use Dragon Blood made by hand, because the smell is very pleasant.

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

Yes it is Preston-it's one that always have in hand despite I go thru it the quickest! Seems like Dragons Blood can be an all purpose incense too-adds good energy to the surroundings, eliminates the bad or unwanted too-at least from my experience!

:3
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

I use a diffuser rather than incense simply because of the asthma issues of others in the house, and funny enough I use Clary Sage a lot to establish a positive foundation of energy in my room and to clear out stagnant or negative energies. They actually seem to get really active afterwards.

A lot of my spirits (most are Dark Arts by the way) also enjoy Sandalwood as a good baseline. I use specific scents like Lavender specifically for my succubae and nympho, mainly because I don't have a large collection of essential oils yet. Those currently are my three go-to scents for the diffuser.

When I was burning incense they enjoyed Patchouli as a general baseline. I also liked Rose for my succubae. I burned Dragon's Blood cones long before spirit keeping, but I honestly have not tried it with them around so I can't comment on that.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Dark Arts Information”