I need a guide to meditation for the complete dumbox

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
Naexis
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 4
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

..with overactive brain. :wild: I'm perfectly aware there are already a number of guides written, and I've read several of them..but for the most part I didn't understand exactly what I was supposed to be doing. Visualization vs. Clearing your mind etc.. I want to use meditation as a means of getting closer to my spirit and increasing my sensitivity. What I really need, if someone would be so kind and patient, is simplified instructions for someone like me who is not at all familiar with the concept of meditation. You're pretty much speaking Chinese to a Frenchman. It's very difficult if not impossible for me to 'clear my mind' so to speak; I am forever thinking about something. Even in my relaxed state I rely heavily on my imagination. So if an empty head is the key, I need some assistance. ::Anyone::

Lucinda
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 65
Your favorite spirit to work with: white dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: mermaid
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhiannon TideCaw
Zodiac:

I'm the same. Try to focus on one thing, eg an orb, do it for a minute. You set small goals so not to get overwhelmed with the meditation thing. Next time, do two minutes. Make sure no outside distractions, I like to do it at night in bed, I Also burn lavender oil, and focus on the flame of the candle. Some do it easily, I have adhd and its like "shut the hell up head". The candle flame method helps me. Good luck.

My Charging Box,Treasure Cove,Casting Ground, A Granite Alter, My Magickal SanctuaryImageImageImage
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

I've been following this for the past few days, got the link from fire. I find it quite effective,maybe even too effective, it puts me in such a relaxed state I can't help but doze off a little sometimes. It should get easier over time though.

http://www.spellsofmagic.com/coven_ritu ... &coven=497

Yrk
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Ironically, an overactive brain is exactly what you need to be successful in meditation; though I think what you're really trying to say is that you're not in control of your mind and thoughts, which is actually a common problem. This issue comes about from the fact that people are not fully present in the eternal now of the current moment, and can also stem from the fact that many people do not fully express their ideas and emotions, and so the mind has to find a way to resolve this issue which comes in the form of thoughts and imagination.

The simplest way for a beginner to meditate, in my opinion, is to simply sit or lie down in whichever position is most comfortable for you. You will probably find the most success from doing this with your eyes closed, and breathing through the nose. I cannot stress this enough but the most important part is that during the course of your meditation, no matter what sensations you experience, you should not move the physical body at all beyond the natural movements which the breath produces. If you experience twitching, itching, buzzing, vibrating, or even pain, resist the natural inclination of the mind to move the body in reaction to this stimulus. These sensations come about as your energies naturally work to align themselves, which is why it is important not to move - you don't want to disrupt the way your etheric energies are flowing in any way.

Now that you understand what the do with the body, i'll tell you what to do with the mind. To begin with, as it seems you've already experienced, the mind will naturally want to jump from one thought to another. This is fine. Allow your thoughts to happen, go deep into them and express yourself through this avenue. It's an important process of resolving internal issues and so at this point you shouldn't see it as an enemy. Eventually, as you go through all of the thoughts that come up, you will either get tired of thinking about things, or you will run out of things to think about. At this point the mind will then naturally become silent, and the real meditation can begin.

Now you want to focus your mind in a gentle and subtle way, on the idea of a Void of Nothingess. A dark, empty space in which nothing exists. This will serve to keep your mind focused on silence, and to subdue any thoughts which come up. If you find that more mental activity is coming up at this stage, simply offer the thoughts into the Void, and watch them turn to nothing and disappear. The other point of focusing on a void of nothingness is that it will help you to detach from the perceptions of body of mind, and in time you will come to embody this Void, which will allow you to access altered states of awareness and to consciously move in and out of other dimensions.

Consistency is key with this practice, as it will build in effectiveness the longer you practice it. If possible, it should be done every day. In terms of how long each session should last, i'd say to start with you should meditate for 30 minutes longer than it takes for your mind to become silent. So if you spend half an hour working through your thoughts, then your meditation should go for at least an hour. If you can follow this practice then things will start to happen for you very quickly. I hope this isn't too complicated for you, and I hope that both yourself and others will find this beneficial.

Namaskar

Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Yrk wrote:Ironically, an overactive brain is exactly what you need to be successful in meditation; though I think what you're really trying to say is that you're not in control of your mind and thoughts, which is actually a common problem. This issue comes about from the fact that people are not fully present in the eternal now of the current moment, and can also stem from the fact that many people do not fully express their ideas and emotions, and so the mind has to find a way to resolve this issue which comes in the form of thoughts and imagination.

The simplest way for a beginner to meditate, in my opinion, is to simply sit or lie down in whichever position is most comfortable for you. You will probably find the most success from doing this with your eyes closed, and breathing through the nose. I cannot stress this enough but the most important part is that during the course of your meditation, no matter what sensations you experience, you should not move the physical body at all beyond the natural movements which the breath produces. If you experience twitching, itching, buzzing, vibrating, or even pain, resist the natural inclination of the mind to move the body in reaction to this stimulus. These sensations come about as your energies naturally work to align themselves, which is why it is important not to move - you don't want to disrupt the way your etheric energies are flowing in any way.

Now that you understand what the do with the body, i'll tell you what to do with the mind. To begin with, as it seems you've already experienced, the mind will naturally want to jump from one thought to another. This is fine. Allow your thoughts to happen, go deep into them and express yourself through this avenue. It's an important process of resolving internal issues and so at this point you shouldn't see it as an enemy. Eventually, as you go through all of the thoughts that come up, you will either get tired of thinking about things, or you will run out of things to think about. At this point the mind will then naturally become silent, and the real meditation can begin.

Now you want to focus your mind in a gentle and subtle way, on the idea of a Void of Nothingess. A dark, empty space in which nothing exists. This will serve to keep your mind focused on silence, and to subdue any thoughts which come up. If you find that more mental activity is coming up at this stage, simply offer the thoughts into the Void, and watch them turn to nothing and disappear. The other point of focusing on a void of nothingness is that it will help you to detach from the perceptions of body of mind, and in time you will come to embody this Void, which will allow you to access altered states of awareness and to consciously move in and out of other dimensions.

Consistency is key with this practice, as it will build in effectiveness the longer you practice it. If possible, it should be done every day. In terms of how long each session should last, i'd say to start with you should meditate for 30 minutes longer than it takes for your mind to become silent. So if you spend half an hour working through your thoughts, then your meditation should go for at least an hour. If you can follow this practice then things will start to happen for you very quickly. I hope this isn't too complicated for you, and I hope that both yourself and others will find this beneficial.

Namaskar
I'm one of the others who find this very helpful! thank you! :thumbup:

Greetings,Tasha
Lucinda
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 65
Your favorite spirit to work with: white dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: mermaid
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhiannon TideCaw
Zodiac:

Omg yrk, that is some of the best advice I have read on here. Who woulda thought a scatter brain eg me can have advantages.

My Charging Box,Treasure Cove,Casting Ground, A Granite Alter, My Magickal SanctuaryImageImageImage
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

If you already have strong visualization skills you might consider Guided meditations. Essentially you relax your body and follow the voice while using your own skill to deepen the experience.

I especially like these, and they are free. I get them as podcasts on my iTunes but here is the website:
http://www.themeditationpodcast.com

I especially like the Sacred Space meditation for interacting with my spirits.

Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Maythen21 wrote:If you already have strong visualization skills you might consider Guided meditations. Essentially you relax your body and follow the voice while using your own skill to deepen the experience.

I especially like these, and they are free. I get them as podcasts on my iTunes but here is the website:
http://www.themeditationpodcast.com

I especially like the Sacred Space meditation for interacting with my spirits.
thank you for the link, Maythen! :D
I really like the material there!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Greetings,Tasha
Naexis
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I'm really liking the meditation podcasts. Anyone have anymore guided meditations that are particularly helpful?

Naexis
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Just a minor update, I personally found this to be an amazing meditation. I felt so close to AP; my body was tingling and my head and face was thumping like a strong heartbeat while my perception rolled behind my third eye. I didn't quite make it, but it felt wonderful. ; u ;

Return to “Meditation”