venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

JOURNELING IS ESSENTIAL AS A SPIRIT KEEPER. THAT'S THE LONG & SHORT OF IT, RIGHT THERE.

WHEN YOU'RE HANGING OUT WITH YOUR SPIRITS, WHEN YOU'RE MEDITATING, WHEN YOU'RE JUST SPENDING SOME QUALITY, QUIET TIME. KEEP A NOTEBOOK AROUND. MAG & I HAVE, NO KIDDING, PROBABLY AROUND 50 AROUND THE HOUSE AT ANY GIVEN TIME. A SCRIBBLE HERE, A SCRIBBLE THERE, & IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU GO BACK EVERY WEEK OR SO & LOOK THROUGH YOUR SCRIBBLES.

THE IDEAS THAT COME TO YOUR MIND FROM INTERACTING WITH SPIRITS REALLY OPENS DOORS FOR YOU. AT THE TIME IT MAY JUST SEEM LIKE A PASSING THOUGH, A LITTLE NUDGE, BUT IF YOU KEEP TRACK OF THESE LITTLE POP-INS (AS I CALL THEM), THEN YOU CAN SEE PATTERNS FORM, FORETELLING EVENTS, CAUTIONARY THOUGHTS, ETC.

AND SOMETIMES THEY JUST SAY SOMETHING THAT BLOWS YOUR MIND.

IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU JOURNAL, & THAT DOESN'T MEAN HAVING TO WRITE "DEAR DIARY" ENTRIES. IT MEANS JUST WRITING DOWN INTERESTING, WEIRD, RANDOM, THOUGHTS THAT POP INTO YOUR HEAD. THE MORE YOUR JOURNAL THESE LITTLE THINGS, THE MORE IN TUNE YOU GET WITH YOUR SPIRITS THOUGHTS & THEIR SEPARATION FROM YOUR OWN, & THE MORE YOU PUT TOGETHER HOW MANY TIMES THEY CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR LIFE.

TRY TO REMEMBER TO PUT A DATE NEXT TO WHAT YOU WRITE. I DON'T ALWAYS REMEMBER, BUT IT DOES HELP.

GET A JOURNAL, NOW.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
4bluefaeries
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2047
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: love them all
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal/hybrid
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Just call me Blue!
Zodiac:

I so agree with you on this,out of know where a thought whether it be from spirit or self can pop into ones head with crazy,wild,inventive thoughts.

I have notes here and there,on all kinds of things!.

All I can say is it is a fantastic ideal to keep a journal,even a dream journal as well!. :thumbup:

Life is what you make of it.fight for what you believe in.never give up
Heaven doesn't want me , hell is afraid i am going to take over!!
Syri
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

I too have notebooks everywhere,a thousand ink pens scattered all over the room and blog here regularly so I always have notes and reminders. :thumbup:

Comes in really handy when they're communicating during sleep and you're groggy when you wake up remembering it....I immediately grab the notebook under my pillow and scribble- hardly legible,but on paper. :mrgreen:

Sometimes I don't even know I wrote anything down until I check and you're right- my mind has been BLOWN. Spirits go into serious details with me when I'm sleeping and I have written things down that even shocked me. :D

The only thing I have yet to master is drawing their faces. They always want me to and I can't draw for crap. ::facepalm::

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

CeeRZ
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Carpathian
If I could be anything, I would be...: Carpathian
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
It’s my birthday
Zodiac:

This is a good idea.... just last night it would have been useful.
I woke up in the middle of the night to a male whispering in my ear. Very loud... very male... and actually seemed a little menacing sounding to tell you the truth... I don't actually know who was whispering to me... I thought it might be my Toshka Vamp (who is conjured but not sent yet).... but it seemed too menacing. So I don't know. But I DO know that I don't remember what he said. It woke me up, and I repeated it out loud in hopes I would remember... turned over, and fell back asleep. Only to completely forget what was said. :irked:
So... I have paper by my bed... next time I'll just write it down.
I also have an app on my phone that records everything while you sleep (in case you sleep talk). It picks up even the tiniest of sounds. I unfortunately didn't have it recording last night - I'm sure it would have heard it!

We only see what we want to see, so open your eyes.

3 vampires, 2 dragons
melinda1111
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Melinda
Zodiac:

This is a great idea. Wanted to do this for a long time but never actually followed and it just seems that fate brought me here to read this post . Thanks Ash !

Turtlefae
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 135
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I kept a daily journal since 2003, would write in my journal every single day until 2011. I actually stopped writing in my journal just when I discovered spirit keeping and I haven't written anything ever since. Oops. :/

I always tell myself to start writing on a journal again, I always tell myself that I need to write things down but I don't have any motivation, it's like,"Meh, why bother." :/
*siiiiiiiiiiiigh* :/

KeeKee
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: One sexah Beast
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision

:> I like to doodle out experiences sometimes, I also suggest using your blog as a journal. If you don't mind people being able to read it. I have recently been using my blog for more than just my meta experiences though...

I usually tell people to keep track of everything, writing it down really does help a lot. Doing that has helped me figure out who is who and doing this or that.
Helps me make better rules or assign different tasks
Just makes everything better and easier, for me at least.

Scordra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 601
Spelled Number: 77
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Scordra
Zodiac:

ash-mda wrote:JOURNELING IS ESSENTIAL AS A SPIRIT KEEPER. THAT'S THE LONG & SHORT OF IT, RIGHT THERE.

A SCRIBBLE HERE, A SCRIBBLE THERE, & IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU GO BACK EVERY WEEK OR SO & LOOK THROUGH YOUR SCRIBBLES.

IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU JOURNAL, & THAT DOESN'T MEAN HAVING TO WRITE "DEAR DIARY" ENTRIES. IT MEANS JUST WRITING DOWN INTERESTING, WEIRD, RANDOM, THOUGHTS THAT POP INTO YOUR HEAD. THE MORE YOUR JOURNAL THESE LITTLE THINGS, THE MORE IN TUNE YOU GET WITH YOUR SPIRITS THOUGHTS & THEIR SEPARATION FROM YOUR OWN, & THE MORE YOU PUT TOGETHER HOW MANY TIMES THEY CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR LIFE.

TRY TO REMEMBER TO PUT A DATE NEXT TO WHAT YOU WRITE. I DON'T ALWAYS REMEMBER, BUT IT DOES HELP.

GET A JOURNAL, NOW.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I wanted to also point out that not only is it good to write down words...but doodle too!! Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words...if you receive messages as a symbol, image, color, etc...use crayons, colored pencils, markers, whatever!! I LOVE journals...and it's high time I dust some of mine off. My brain can only retain so much!! But I'm a big fan of those pop-up, mixed-media, altered art books....so if you feel like taping in a bubble gum wrapper, hair from your dog, pressed flower, whatever...make your journal fun in every sense of the word!! One time I was brewing tea and a fae of mine absolutely loved the smell!! So I attached the tea bag into my journal...it was quicker than writing the info down and the visual helped me remember (even the smell).

Love & Light,
Scordra

Scordra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 601
Spelled Number: 77
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Scordra
Zodiac:

Syri wrote:The only thing I have yet to master is drawing their faces. They always want me to and I can't draw for crap. ::facepalm::

Syri, you can always cut out an image from a book or magazine (or print from an online source) that closely resembles their faces. I can't draw real life to save my own life...I'm more of a Picasso abstract artist :D so don't worry...just find another way around it!!

Love & Light,
Scordra

Funkychicken
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Chicken
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Chicken
My magical/paranormal name...: Chicken Noodle Soup
Zodiac:

Since my phone is always near me, I usually text myself before I forget my dreams or something. But occasionally, I will write and doodle in a journal I have. :D

Chicken Noodle Soup with a soda on the side

Return to “Ash”