Any Sea Glass OK?

Tips and tricks for connecting with dragons.
Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Seiko!

Haha, I am actually planning on buying a BUNCH of sea glass for both of my dragons this break from this one distributor. They are not metaphysical in anyway, just rock/marble/colorful stuff distributor. Actually, I was going to buy 500 marbles too.. but anyways, that's just me being a collector. 150-300 pieces for 3.52 bucks? I'm sure you won't ever need that much, but it's such a crazy price!

http://www.megaglass.com/c/sea-glass.html

ImageImageImageImageImage
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I don't know what you consider expensive, but you don't need a lot of sea glass, you can put in a couple pieces. Here is one place:

http://www.westcoastseaglass.com/bulk_seaglass.html If you do some Googling you can find other places with reasonable prices. You only need a few and they last a really, long time.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Additional resource for differentiating:

http://www.seaglassassociation.org/genu ... _info.html

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
RyuKyu
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinns & Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My magical/paranormal name...: Hmm, not sure what that means
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:I don't know what you consider expensive, but you don't need a lot of sea glass, you can put in a couple pieces. Here is one place:

http://www.westcoastseaglass.com/bulk_seaglass.html If you do some Googling you can find other places with reasonable prices. You only need a few and they last a really, long time.
Thanks for the link! I looked through it and the price is not so bad and it looks genuine ::bop:: I am looking at 20 for $26 but I may need more depending on how I decide to decorate so that may bring it over my budget. I may just go with the artificial ones if there is no difference from my Dragon's view. :think: Oh how I wish I can just talk with him lol
brokenxidentity wrote:Seiko!

Haha, I am actually planning on buying a BUNCH of sea glass for both of my dragons this break from this one distributor. They are not metaphysical in anyway, just rock/marble/colorful stuff distributor. Actually, I was going to buy 500 marbles too.. but anyways, that's just me being a collector. 150-300 pieces for 3.52 bucks? I'm sure you won't ever need that much, but it's such a crazy price!

Thank you! If I go with artificial sea glasses I'll definitely look into that one.

In life there is no such thing as "Bad", just our inability to see the "Good".

True PEACE comes from knowing that good is all that exists.
"
tommason
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: about to find out
If I could be anything, I would be...: GOD
My magical/paranormal name...: idk yet

That's expensive. Mine is less than 8 bucks and I got really big chunk and still have leftover, but the shape is not rounded, more like flat glass shape. If you want I'll donate mine lol
Bought it in michaels. Im in usa Where u located?
Seiko wrote:
creepyhollows wrote:I don't know what you consider expensive, but you don't need a lot of sea glass, you can put in a couple pieces. Here is one place:

Thanks for the link! I looked through it and the price is not so bad and it looks genuine ::bop:: I am looking at 20 for $26 but I may need more depending on how I decide to decorate so that may bring it over my budget. I may just go with the artificial ones if there is no difference from my Dragon's view. :think: Oh how I wish I can just talk with him lol
brokenxidentity wrote:Seiko!

Thank you! If I go with artificial sea glasses I'll definitely look into that one.

DragonsRGreat
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 48
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
Zodiac:

:wave:

I have sea glass for my Dragons -- about 7 pieces. I keep them in their charge box near their vessels..

funny thing.. while reading your post, my right ear "turned off".. I looked around.. went back to re-read your post from just before I had left off.. started to read once more.. and the same thing happened again (?) - heard a sound, like a "beep", in the "quietness" of my rt ear this time..

Coincidence (?)

hmm.. maybe my dragons are a little excited about Sea Glass.. and trying to give a hint :lol:

By the way, I also purchased 5 small vials of real 24K gold flakes for them, off eBay.. was only like $5-$6 .. I keep them in a Dragon shaped offering bowl.. wanted to give them some "real" treasure..

Have Fun!
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

SWEET! Thanks for this link. The precise link gives a not-found error, but it does go to the westcoastseaglass.com site, and on THERE you can find a link to their bulk sea glass and other offerings.

I was just searching through the jewelrymaking-supplies site that I normally buy my gemstone beads from, but unfortunately the only "sea glass" they have on offer is chemically etched glass. So it's nice to see at least one site that's got the Real Deal. Bookmarking that vendor even as we speak, for future purposes.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Umbra_Arcana
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 66
Zodiac:

With regards to any sea glass being acceptable, my dragon spirits have become picky, very picky.

I am in the fortunate situation where I live on the coast and have access to swathes of shoreline that you can find sea glass in various colours and degrees of weathering. It's mostly green and white shades with a smattering of seafoam green and aquamarine blues, with the occasional piece of rare cobalt blue. I like to think that I was good at finding sea glass before my dragon companions joined me, I was clearly not good enough for their liking. x*D
I cannot go for a walk along the shoreline without finding a particularly pretty piece.

They don't seem to like artificially weathered pieces, unless it's fashioned into jewellery but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, fluid possit, iubet.
Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3
Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

Being a daily beach-comber, I have collected several pieces for my companions, including my dragons. They don't seem to be picky at all, they like when it comes from the heart. Sometimes I'll spend hours /an entire day looking for the perfect pieces for them. We spend time together looking for them so I think they enjoy the time together just as much as having the item itself afterwards.

I live on the Washington Oregon coast and mostly I have found light blue, dark blue, green, bright red (rarer and harder to find) uranium glass, amber, clear, and melted bottles from Japanese ships.

Living in a beach tourist town has made it easier for me to see the difference between real ocean glass and fake. We have tourist gift shops that sell "sea-glass"... But looking at it I can tell immediately that it's fake. (it's never been in the ocean , not unique, and is only machine frosted glass). The real kind holds the energy of the ocean in it as well, and you can feel the difference, similar to holding fake plastic crystals compared to real quartz. For some companions this doesn't matter.

Real ones have imperfections, divots , pores, cracks, chips, unusual edge angles, and each piece is a unique shape.

Each piece has a unique story to tell, having gone through its own adventure and journey , coming from a place unknown and spending years in the waters being smashed against rocks, rolled in the waves, touched by many different elements , energies and creatures. As you can see in these pictures of this blue piece we found. You can see the patchy areas where the rocks and ocean were rougher on it. Fake ones don't have this character or energy.

I have given regular glass offerings and they seem to like it , just for different reasons.
I found a broken piece of a teal bottle which has a lions head carved onto it, and I gave it to my bronze dragon since his association is a lion. He was thrilled.

I think if it comes from the heart, it doesn't matter, even if it's plastic. I've even given cute little plastic gifts (like a plastic fairy figurine I found ).

🦇♦️🦇
Umbra_Arcana
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 66
Zodiac:

That's cool, I'm guessing I attract the picky dragons. Not that I mind, it means it's honing my sea glass finding skills and I am not going to complain about that, the pieces that my keep don't ask to keep for themselves get drilled and turned into keyrings, jewellery and other things. They do seem to enjoy the hunt for sea ceramics and interesting pieces of drift wood alongside the quest for sea glass, they never ask to keep the drift wood or ceramic pieces for their own hoard though.

I want to take a trip up to Seaham one day on the County Durham Heritage coastline, it's almost a place of pilgrimage for UK sea glass and sea ceramic/pottery collectors and (amongst other things) the home of the Codd marble. It was patented by Hiram Codd in 1872, the patent was for a bottle filled with gas under pressure which pushed a marble against a rubber washer in the neck of the bottle and this, created a perfect seal. If you've ever seen a modern day Ranmue soda bottle, same idea.

Have you ever found uranium sea glass? I'd be curious to see what it looks like. I've only ever seen it as actual glassware.

That's a gorgeous colour, what do you think the piece of glass started out life as?

This is my absolute favourite find so far, a very weathered glass bottle stopper, I found this one hidden amongst the detritus around the base a special mark navigational marker on the shoreline between Woolston and Netley, where the River Itchen flows into Southampton Water.

Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, fluid possit, iubet.
Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3

Return to “Connecting With Dragons”