Shadow selves

Do you want to teach others something? Let them shadow you!
Morgana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:Dreamscape is one of the most powerful vessels for this kind of confrontation. Suffice it to say I, too, have encountered my 'shadow' here.. and one's shadow can manifest literally as a featureless/cloaked/concealed figure, an emotional instinct, or a direct and vivid vision of yourself in an unrecognizable, conflicting state.

The process of embracing one's shadow actually results a bit differently for everyone. All of us are considered 'DA' beings, but some of us are more darkly inclined and others have chosen a path of light - seeking a kind of energetic balance that lies 'without'.
You may meet your shadow, work with your shadow and utilize this as an empowerment of self control.. or you may come to absorb it and mold it or channel it into appropriate avenues.
You cannot escape it; all in all - sometimes it's a matter of mere acceptance, sometimes neglected or shunned..festering..devouring your sanity, some yet will want to dominate it, some will succumb.. and this affects who you allow yourself to be, what becomes of you, your outward and inward life.
Shadow is not inherently bad, though often constituting of vulnerabilities.. it's purpose and meaning is relative. The only option that will not nourish a genuine result is to ignore it.

Dionysos or Pan, the Baron Samedi, and Morpheus, are recommended deities to call upon for shadow work.

Some thoughts.
Yes, i agree. i have encountered my shadow self in dreams and in odd visions.....She is doing one thing and i another, mostly. Or i am watching her or she watches me. We have mutual respect for each other because we are one in the same, too. For me it becomes hard to really separate one from the other except in these dreams. I do accept the fact that i have had my issues with my shadow self, too...and have ignored her many times...but it is my issue alone to handle. It is a lesson of understanding oneself and the way we view and react in our world.
Best of luck in the shadows...
M.

"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Noctifera wrote:You may meet your shadow, work with your shadow and utilize this as an empowerment of self control.. or you may come to absorb it and mold it or channel it into appropriate avenues.
This should get many thinking already, of some creative ways to take in / utilize their Shadow Self! I know it has me thinking..

Noctifera wrote:Dionysos or Pan, the Baron Samedi, and Morpheus, are recommended deities to call upon for shadow work.
Thanks for this, Noc.. Amongst thinking of Dionysos for a while now.. there have been a few other clues to indicate I should further explore Shadow Self.. so I will definitely keep open to these dieties.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Bunni wrote:
Noctifera wrote:You may meet your shadow, work with your shadow and utilize this as an empowerment of self control.. or you may come to absorb it and mold it or channel it into appropriate avenues.
This should get many thinking already, of some creative ways to take in / utilize their Shadow Self! I know it has me thinking..
That's why I always carry a straw with me when I go to bed. If I should meet my Shadow Self I'm gonna absorb him the right way....maybe I should use a shot glass, that would be more manly.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Return to “Shadow Me”