sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I'm going to put immense chemistry under paranormal energy, because I don't get it. Freaking mystery. LOL.

Seriously, why do certain people's touch can light you on fire? Is it because they are your twin flame? You are some how similar in energetic/biological make up? Is it because you somehow let them in your spirit? Or is it because they were recently whoring around?

I recalled after a bad break up, a male friend consoled me. He cuddle with me and I felt zero chemistry and maybe slightly repelled, instead my energy yearned to be with the person who was being a total jerk. Yes, sometimes you rationally know the person is bad for you, but your energy would beg to differ. So maybe it was great compatible sex that made me long for his energy. He once said though he loved my energy. At the time of saying that I felt a light chemistry even though my mind felt we weren't that compatible.

Fast forward a year after the breakup. So after a long dry spell I decided to have fun, not in a sexy kind of way, but genuinely having fun, making friends. This new individual who seemed a little attracted to me touches my hand and it was crazy chemistry. We would intermittently connect and then he would appear uninterested, but then be sad if I joked about kissing someone when intoxicated.

My friend believed the chemistry occurred, because I really wanted to be with a man after so long. But that's not true either because I recently kissed someone with no chemistry and ran away. I also had a friend who wanted to hug me in bed, and I was like ew....no way. This was with my nympho on an everything. This new guy I barely knew for an hour had crazy chemistry, where when I finally dozed off and leaned on his shoulder, we stop having anything funny to say. We just couldn't talk. We were enmeshed in the moment. But how could this be? This kind of energy and awkwardness takes years to develop. Like that moment you realize you are in love with your best friend. But this stranger with at least a decade of age gap, lights me on fire within a few hours of goofing around.

Now did this happen because he had been feeling sexual energies earlier, like perhaps newly broken up or still in a relationship? Does he have this with everyone? I hear there are some men, who just have it with everyone, but I wonder if that is an urban legend. As some people like to seem like they are sexy but are total duds. Meaning in closeness the energies just don't do anything, regardless of how gorgeous you thought they were.

I'm curious what your take on that is?

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Lorelei
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 70
Your favorite spirit to work with: all my spirits
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nixie
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: My own name is magical enough.
Zodiac:

I'd say, go for it and see what develops. He may well be your twin flame.
When I met my current husband, we just looked at each other and alarm bells started ringing in my head. We shook hands as we were being introduced, and I felt electricity surging, and I felt like my life ended and started in that second.
We were both smitten, and have been smitten with each other ever since. It's been 14 years since then, and 11.5 years since we are together. We finish each other's sentences, I can feel he's close by minutes before he's at the door. I won't go into details about the physical, I'll just say that he's brought me to life. I'd been married before, and I just thought I'm not wired in a sensual way at all. I never knew anything about anything before him. It's electric.
And yes, he's 10 years older.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

Lorelei wrote:I'd say, go for it and see what develops. He may well be your twin flame.
When I met my current husband, we just looked at each other and alarm bells started ringing in my head. We shook hands as we were being introduced, and I felt electricity surging, and I felt like my life ended and started in that second.
We were both smitten, and have been smitten with each other ever since. It's been 14 years since then, and 11.5 years since we are together. We finish each other's sentences, I can feel he's close by minutes before he's at the door. I won't go into details about the physical, I'll just say that he's brought me to life. I'd been married before, and I just thought I'm not wired in a sensual way at all. I never knew anything about anything before him. It's electric.
And yes, he's 10 years older.
Wow that sounds like a great beginning. So three and a half year before anything actually happened? What happened in between?

It was so odd as he was moving around the room, he felt like my husband/long term boyfriend, the kind you go to dinner parties with and show off. But I left without leaving any way to contact each other. As I felt we both needed space. Little did I know he would be on my mind for days...

He on the other hand is 14 years younger.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Lorelei
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Well, in the two years between the time we met and the time we got together, we saw each other daily. We worked in the same office. I mean, just hearing his voice made me melt.
Both of us were married when we met, and both of our marriages were not working, both of us were trying hard to keep things going with our spouses, so we resisted as much as we could. That took two years.
Once we got together, our lives changed, and there was no going back to before.

Lorelei
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

suga wrote: Seriously, why do certain people's touch can light you on fire? Is it because they are your twin flame? You are some how similar in energetic/biological make up? Is it because you somehow let them in your spirit?
I'd go with the twin flame theory on this. When my husband and I met for the first time, both of us felt that we'd known each other for a long, long time. From a previous life, maybe, I don't know.

Tinkerbell
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 38
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: A mermaid
My magical/paranormal name...: Tinkerbell!
Zodiac:

I hear you on that, I don't even know how to begin to broach the whole chemistry thing. The thing with instant chemistry is, I wonder whether it is just me, like one-sided, does the other person feel the energy or connection too? Or is it just merely physical attraction or lust? Does it go deeper, could it be a past-life connection? Maybe it's just alcohol!

On a more serious note though, I would highly disregard the idea of chemistry being linked to longing or loneliness, in fact that works in the opposite manner because when you are longing for something you have that specific concept or notion in your head, you wouldn't settle for less, or simply anything for that matter. And I definitely don't think it's residue from a previous relationship, that's not the vibe or energy that radiates from a failed relationship. Not an immediate one in my opinion.

Maybe it's the chemistry of love - hormones and all that jazz. It doesn't just happen with any random person though, I find it's always specific. Like for example, you can meet somebody absolutely gorgeous but there is simply nothing there, great eye candy but nothing deeper or substantial, nothing that indicates anything meaningful, no spark or excitement. It's difficult to figure out whether you are relaying a past experience or something that has just occurred, if it is indeed a recent development then you should most definitely explore it further. And then tell us all about it!

Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I think that pheromones play a factor also; as humans, we often forget about these little secret signals we send out to each other. So if there's a physical attraction, connections on other aspects like intellectual and so on, then add in the chemistry of pheromones~bam, electricity happens :Y

silversamhain
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: gargoyles/dragonoids
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wyvern
My magical/paranormal name...: Caoimhe
Zodiac:

I had an experience kinda like this and it is amazing!

At the time I had been in a relationship for 4 years with a guy who was, now I can say, fairly abusive. He forced sex on me and made me feel dumb quite often just because I didn't get the 34 on the ACT that he did (even though I did get a 32 >.<), and he threatened to break up with me any time that I suggested I couldn't afford to go to an ivy league school that he probably would. It was a bad situation but since we had been together for years and he was my first I thought that it was just a quirk or something :\ I had been trying half-heartedly to break up but maintain our friendship since about year 2, and there had come and gone several guys that tried 'helping' by becoming great friends I could vent to and then dropping the bomb that they loved me and I'd lose them if they got 'friendzoned...'though I never really felt anything for them, and any time I broke up with my ex, it didn't last more than 3 weeks.

During my senior year, a guy who I had met through another guy I had made friends with at 7th grade Gifted summer camp (and had been keeping in touch with as friends since) and I started talking again because one day when I had been sick and looking for someone to text, he had been the only one to entertain me :lol:
I went to tour my future college later that year and HOLY CRAP it turned out that he had been going there too (and I hadn't planned it or known about it before, legitimately)! Our friends had teasingly pushed us together for years since we were both the 'weird' ones that were otakus/wolf furries/occult-interested/writers, but it had always been joking. But when we first met each other (since we had originally lived 250 miles apart) the chemistry was incredible. I had seen pictures of him before and he wasn't anything to gawk at (haha sorry T), but in person he put out such incredible, safe, warm energy that I found myself walking closer to him. I have a HUGE space bubble and it was practically non-existent with him. We stayed friends another 6 months after that, texting every day, venting about boyfriends/girlfriends, driving 200 mi. to see eachother to go hiking in the woods together, skyping......... and eventually I realized, hey, this is what a girl should be treated like, not what my ex was doing. I FINALLY got the courage to break up with my ex (who swears that I cheated on him and set out shortly afterwards to make short any chance of us ever being friends again despite being so close for over 4 years).
And the next time T visited, he kissed me :DD And I almost passed out from shock and disbelief because I had been 99% oblivious before, haha. People had always talked about our natural chemistry together and bet we'd end up together, but as soon as we were they thought he was a rebound, not believing that our chemistry could be strong enough....We've been together for over 2 years now, go to college together, live together, and he keeps dropping the hint that he's gonna propose as soon as he can find a ring good enough... and after graduation we maaay get married 8

Sorry for the personal story there, haha! But my belief is that we don't necessarily have twinflames or soulmates, because I don't encourage the belief that someone is *perfect* for you. No one is perfect. T and I still fight sometimes -- he is waay too obsessed with minecraft and gets so into it he ignores me when I tell him to take out the trash! -- but we work hard to make our differences sync. People can fall into a bad place like I was with my ex if they cling to the idea 'but __ is my soulmate...."

But I do believe people who immediately hit it off or experience love-at-first-sight/chemistry could have been kindred spirits -- or had known each other before in past lives. That plus a happy mix of hormones can be a fabulous mix :heart:

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I believe in the 'twin flame' concept, I have met mine so..
When you do, if you do, you know it.

It doesn't mean necessarily everyone will end up with one, and that's not an issue because there are many 'compatibles' out there to lead a decent life with if that's what you want.

The perfect bond also isn't one of perfection or contentment, if you catch my drift.. there may still be distress or tension and I believe that comes with the territory of intense chemistry.. heat.. while also being dependent on strong/explosive or temperamental personalities, which may be attracted to one another.
It can be so intense that you're simply not ready for it, that you self destruct.

It will never be downright volatile, that's rather what I've come to understand as a 'shadow twin'..

However chemistry itself can be a result of several factors, as has already been stated.

Oceansoul
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 60
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven/Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Oceana Anima
Zodiac:

I dont believe in the concept of "the perfect relationship." Of course there will be ups and downs in every relationship, but i believe we are drawn to certain people at certain times in order for us to grow and learn from that experience. it doesnt mean that one would be together forever if that is not the path you both have chosen. we have many soulmates in our lives, our friends, family, all kindred spirits. Twin flames are supposed to be the major evolution or growth as far as i've read, with many trials and working out of karma, if you believe in this. But you will still be drawn to each other in a strong bond as you mirror each other. If you have a feeling he is your twin flame i say go for it and see what happens!! follow the pheromones! Lol

Return to “Paranormal Energy”