Dullahan-CH should conjure em

Which legends thrill you? Make you wonder? Shaped your beliefs? We'd love to know!
Sky-lite
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faery/Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Skylite

COPY AND PASTED FROM WIKIPEDIA

The Irish dullahan (also Gan Ceann, meaning "without a head" in Irish) is a type of unseelie fairie. It is headless, usually seen riding a black horse and carrying his or her head under one arm. The head's eyes are massive and constantly dart about like flies, while the mouth is constantly in a hideous grin that touches both sides of the head. The flesh of the head is said to have the color and consistency of moldy cheese. The dullahan's whip is actually a human corpse's spine, and the wagons they sometimes use are made of similarly funereal objects (e.g. candles in skulls to light the way, the spokes of the wheels made from thigh bones, the wagon's covering made from a worm-chewn pall). When the dullahan stops riding, it is where a person is due to die. The dullahan calls out their name, at which point they immediately perish.

There is no way to bar the road against a dullahan—all locks and gates open on their own when it approaches. Also, they do not appreciate being watched while on their errands, throwing a basin of blood on those who dare to do so (often a mark that they are among the next to die), or even lashing out the watchers' eyes with their whips. Nonetheless, they are frightened of gold, and even a single gold pin can drive a dullahan away. The myth may have inspired the Headless Horseman in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.[citation needed]

Farrell
venerated member
venerated member

If you are interested, you can use the "Don't see a spirit you are looking for?" listing and specify in the notes section. They conjure a lot more than what is actually listed in the drop down box...

"al-ghuroor yantaqis al-Hikmah."
~8>X
Sky-lite
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faery/Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Skylite

Dang I already spent my money on another spirit >.>

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Woah...

Morag Rockwind
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one yet but willing to learn it.
Zodiac:

OOOOOOO just got a ring from that.

silversamhain
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: gargoyles/dragonoids
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wyvern
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Caoimhe
Zodiac:

bumping this because of my dream of a dullahan got me all interested in them! Though my dream version wasn't quite so... evil sounding? Not black arts but pretty dark on the DA spectrum.

I am considering trying a custom conjure of the one that showed up in my dream since we got along rather well.

How has anyone's experiences with them gone?

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

I presume this is where the Legend of Sleepy Hollows got their Headless Horseman?

Say, given the name of CH, one would think that this spirit would be a mainstay here! :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
silversamhain
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: gargoyles/dragonoids
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wyvern
My magical/paranormal name...: Caoimhe
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I presume this is where the Legend of Sleepy Hollows got their Headless Horseman?

Say, given the name of CH, one would think that this spirit would be a mainstay here! :)
Haha yes, this legend is what many people consider to be the root of the headless horseman C:

I figure in light of St. Patrick's Day, an irish spirit that isn't thought of quite as often deserves a bit of love!

Return to “Folklore & Legends”