Would any of you be so kind, as to inform me about Dragons?

Discussions on specific races of dragons.
NathanielRuff
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Demigod
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Greetings guys, I'm rather new to this site.... Actually spirit keeping as a whole, is more than new to me. I did however grow up surrounded by what I would call "spirits", so skepticism is hardly an obstacle. However, that is neither here nor there. My real concern is choosing a spirit. I've been browsing this site on and off for perhaps one to two months. And I've decided, I'm definitely taking the plunge and purchasing a spirit.

However, I find myself at a loss. I'm an avid reader/"student" of mythology and thus I've found myself drawn to everything from Hellhounds and Fae to Djin and Cerberus spirits. Still, dragons in particular seem to draw me with a beyond strong pull. One "race" in particular, said race being the blacks most of all.

Still, I have a lot of questions and would appreciate you guys at least trying to help, before I jump headfirst without looking. Firstly, I'm rather involved in my community and even on a rec team. Still, I find myself wishing for an indefinite companion whom can also offer advice. Would you figure a black could fulfill such a role, I greatly admire their supposed qualities of wisdom coupled with cutthroat tendences and dominance. And the presence of such a creature seems like something I could benefit from. Still, I would accept any roles they would seek to fulfill, providing its not too controlling or invasive. As, with just about any friend, they do what they want, whether you like it or not, but you still appreciate them.

Though, this brings me to my next question/point... I'm not trying to be selfish here, and I really feel like I need to know what a Black would expect in return? Every friendship/partnership is a give and take deal, otherwise its just leaching. And this is something I try, nay persevere to never do. So, I'd sincerely appreciate if someone could/would clear this up for me. Of course, I'd assume they'd likewise just want a companion. And that it really varies between different dragons, however like I said, I'm at a loss. :)

And finally, what are your experiences with Black dragons? How does yours act? Do they manifest often? Does the description on the listings hold true? And are they good counselors/allies/companions? Once again I really appreciate the time you've taken to read, and hopefully reply to this.

With Regards, Nathaniel A. Ruff

moonwind
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Moonwind
Zodiac:

OH sweet heart you really do need to read the Newbie section and the dragon section. But also you can always get a custom dragon with the qualities you need/want. Even blacks. Each spirit is different. Blacks are just wonderful I think. But then again my main spirits are the dragons. All of them. I even have baby blacks. Spirits are with us because they want to be, not because they expect something from us.

Just because it does not work for them does not mean it will not work for you!

ImageImageImage
fyrelite
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 8
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Welcome to CH! I don't have a black dragon, per say, but I do have 2 black/gold hybrid dragons in my keep. One is an entity (alive) and the other is spirit. Both of them are absolutely amazing. I think my baby entity is more towards the gold side but my adult spirit is definitely towards the black side. However, I think he is a giant teddy bear despite the fact that he disagrees with me haha. I mean, come on, he likes to lay next to me at night. He is very protective too! My baby dragon is by far the cutest, sweetest, most lovable little girl ever. She brightens my day and the happiness that she radiates when I talk to her, is absolutely amazing. I think dragons are absolutely wonderful and think they make lovely first spirits.

As moon wind suggested, I would check out the newbie forum as well as the dragon forum. There is also a search feature that you could look up black dragons, specifically.

1 arkan sonney, 1 bernbaud dragon, 1 black dragon, 1 bronwyn angel, 1 cambion, 1 caberra, 1 cherris dragon, 1 djinn, 1 fire faery, 1 divine dragon, 1 silver dragon, 1 hippogryph, 1 gryphon, 1 pegasus, 1 phoenix, 1 arklight dragon, 1 midnight dragon, 1 briar cove dragon, 1 baby black/gold dragon, 1 volkh, 1 weretiger, 1 blood unicorn, 1 hellhound, 1 delica faery, 1 sterling angel, 2 divine angels, 1 star faery, 1 white dragon, 1 golden high elf, 1 vorin, 1 concuan, 1 garden elf, 1 butterfly faery
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

You are a dragon lover for sure, whether you realize it or not!!!!!! :lol: ;)

The blacks are one of my favorites as well beside a another race which is even bit more hard too handle, though if a keeper has good house rules in place, it should not be a problem!!!!

I agree with moonwind about you going into the newbie section and doing all the reading that you can do, as that will be a very big help to you, also go into the dragon section and read all you can read about others experiences with their dragons!!!!

For myself, I have always loved the dragons ever since I was a little kid and had an unbound black hybred, since he had silver in his wings around me when I was a little kid!!!! He is however strong willed and can be wicked to those who mean me any harm!!!! So house rules is a must!!!!!

Dragons whether WA or DA are wonderful and very protective spirits to have!!!! I have a great many dragon spirits and entities here and love them all and they are fun and full of wisdom and knowledge, that expand over the ages from when the Earth was young!!!!! They are one of the spirits or entities that will stand beside you no matter what and for treats, they love shiny things, money, like dimes, quarters, some like dollars too, it is treasure, also jewelry, beads, anything that is shiny!!!!!

They also love to fly when you are driving and some will fly with you, or sit on top of the car while you drive!!!! They love music and love to hear that at anytime!!!!!

They will protect you and guide you, all you have to do is just ask!!!! Talk to them as some like the brass dragons will talk your ear off!!!! If you have trouble sleeping, just ask the brass dragon to talk to you and soon you will drift right off to sleep!!!

They do love to show up in your dreams to, which is cool, because if you want to, you can ride on their backs and go flying all over the place!!!!!

So read and read, make sure about the house rules for the blacks or any DA dragon, and you can find lots of threads in here on house rules, just type it in the search button above and it should bring up everything about house rules!!! ;)

Give respect to the blacks as they are powerful dragons and that goes with any of the dragons that you bring into your keep!!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector

Return to “Dragon Races”