Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

MasochisticMoans wrote:On another note, I will be designing a few of my own tarot decks over the next year or so. I have quite a few interesting ideas *devious giggle*
Ooooh.... I really look forward to seeing your visions for tarot decks. :U

I did join the kickstarter for this deck when you first posted the link on FB.

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

SoRealNebula wrote:
LordChubby wrote:the artwork in the cards? are these the finished artwork ? because im sorry but it looks poorly done and i know there are other decks that look so bad but please this has a chance to look better!! im not insulting im just saying they would look better with more time put into making them not 2 weeks to draw and finish the whole thing .. again im not insulting im justing saying they would look better if you took a week or two on each card more details , if it looks better then i will definitely kickstart the whole thing and buy all the copies lol you know
I find this horrifying to read and I am not even one of the artists. I'm sure it wasn't meant to be mean, but one reason I never share my art is the fear that someone will insult it. Its art. It's finished when the artist finishes it. I'm not even sure what details would make this look "finished" to anyone. I'm pointing this out in case you might not know what it feels like to have something so personal labeled as poorly done. Perhaps you think of it as doing a person a favor because maybe nobody told them, but with art the perception is just as personal as the creation.
Rae, you hit the nail on the head. The artist looks at a blank canvas and fills in the details. Those details are up to the artist, and should not be altered to fit the tastes of someone else.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
LordChubby
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: DRAGONS , AND DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: A WOLF DRAGON ;)
My magical/paranormal name...: Skuldafn
Zodiac:

MasochisticMoans wrote:Ahaha, thanks Gryphy 8)|* Moving is pretty taxing, I've moved many times, I know what it is like~!

LordChubby, I am not the developer/designer of this deck, just one of the commissioned artists and I would assume these are the finished pieces as he has not messaged any of the artists to update or edit anything. I know he was talking about doing an art book at one point and getting more artwork done, but I doubt he has the funds to pay us for more work and I doubt the others are willing to do it for free like me(I'm the only one of the artists interested in this kind of stuff LOL). We were under intense time constraints to finish these. I would love to edit a couple of mine for the deck(I will be updating my work for my portfolio eventually-my goal is to keep improving at a fast pace) and there are a few things in the others pieces that I would like fixed but since it is not mine, I can't do anything about it. I find the deck felt nice to me when I held it and played with it, and to me, the cards turned out pretty nice in print. I find it neat how not every deck's energy meshes with each person and how they work or don't work with different people~! Thanks for the constructive criticism~ :thumbup:

SoReal, thanks for the comments as well~! :U You are right, art is a perception and it is truly never 'done' until the artist says or has imminent deadlines LOL. Even then it still evolves on its own through the perceptions of others. Typically a few key components do make things more aesthetically pleasing like complementary colors, contrast and composition and the like, but yes, these still in varying degrees appear more pleasing to some and less so to others~
Yea, everything is worse and everything is better than something else, it all depends on one's perception and ideals :) Art in general is a tricky thing because once the artist puts it out, others take something different from it, be it positive or negative or even neutral. It reminds me of these abstract pieces I had up at a gallery and some people were quite rude and others quite mesmerized. It is truly fascinating how people react as it typically shows more about them then the art itself~ 3D

On another note, I will be designing a few of my own tarot decks over the next year or so. I have quite a few interesting ideas *devious giggle* \D 7\

HEY I WAS NOT INSULTING I SWEAR 8| BUT NOW I UNDERSTAND YOU HAD A TIME LIMIT :\ I HATE HATE HATE TIME LIMITS . I WAS ASKING BECAUSE THE ARTWORKS LOOKED RUSHED AND WITH TAROT DECKS PEOPLE WOULD TAKE A YEAR OR 2 TO FINISH .. WHY WAS IT RUSHED? \| ANYWAYS WHAT SUIT ARE YOUR CARDS? ALSO YES MAKE YOUR OWN TAROT DECK AND TAKE YOUR TIME WITH IT 8)|* AND SORRY IF I SOUNDED MEAN!! IT WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE MEAN TOWARDS THE ARTISTS (JUST MEAN TOWARDS TIME LIMITS) 7\

Image <--kawaiii dragon <3

HEY YOU!!! ... YES YOU!! ... I LOVE YOU
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

LordChubby wrote:
MasochisticMoans wrote:Ahaha, thanks Gryphy 8)|* Moving is pretty taxing, I've moved many times, I know what it is like~!

LordChubby, I am not the developer/designer of this deck, just one of the commissioned artists and I would assume these are the finished pieces as he has not messaged any of the artists to update or edit anything. I know he was talking about doing an art book at one point and getting more artwork done, but I doubt he has the funds to pay us for more work and I doubt the others are willing to do it for free like me(I'm the only one of the artists interested in this kind of stuff LOL). We were under intense time constraints to finish these. I would love to edit a couple of mine for the deck(I will be updating my work for my portfolio eventually-my goal is to keep improving at a fast pace) and there are a few things in the others pieces that I would like fixed but since it is not mine, I can't do anything about it. I find the deck felt nice to me when I held it and played with it, and to me, the cards turned out pretty nice in print. I find it neat how not every deck's energy meshes with each person and how they work or don't work with different people~! Thanks for the constructive criticism~ :thumbup:

SoReal, thanks for the comments as well~! :U You are right, art is a perception and it is truly never 'done' until the artist says or has imminent deadlines LOL. Even then it still evolves on its own through the perceptions of others. Typically a few key components do make things more aesthetically pleasing like complementary colors, contrast and composition and the like, but yes, these still in varying degrees appear more pleasing to some and less so to others~
Yea, everything is worse and everything is better than something else, it all depends on one's perception and ideals :) Art in general is a tricky thing because once the artist puts it out, others take something different from it, be it positive or negative or even neutral. It reminds me of these abstract pieces I had up at a gallery and some people were quite rude and others quite mesmerized. It is truly fascinating how people react as it typically shows more about them then the art itself~ 3D

On another note, I will be designing a few of my own tarot decks over the next year or so. I have quite a few interesting ideas *devious giggle* \D 7\

HEY I WAS NOT INSULTING I SWEAR 8| BUT NOW I UNDERSTAND YOU HAD A TIME LIMIT :\ I HATE HATE HATE TIME LIMITS . I WAS ASKING BECAUSE THE ARTWORKS LOOKED RUSHED AND WITH TAROT DECKS PEOPLE WOULD TAKE A YEAR OR 2 TO FINISH .. WHY WAS IT RUSHED? \| ANYWAYS WHAT SUIT ARE YOUR CARDS? ALSO YES MAKE YOUR OWN TAROT DECK AND TAKE YOUR TIME WITH IT 8)|* AND SORRY IF I SOUNDED MEAN!! IT WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE MEAN TOWARDS THE ARTISTS (JUST MEAN TOWARDS TIME LIMITS) 7\
Chubby, anything that is rushed will look rushed. I took a look at them, and hey looked good to me. I guess it has to do with what we perceive as looking good and looking bad.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
LordChubby
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: DRAGONS , AND DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: A WOLF DRAGON ;)
My magical/paranormal name...: Skuldafn
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote:
LordChubby wrote:

Chubby, anything that is rushed will look rushed. I took a look at them, and hey looked good to me. I guess it has to do with what we perceive as looking good and looking bad.
THEY DO LOOK GOOD 7\ BUT IM JUST SAYING ..

Image <--kawaiii dragon <3

HEY YOU!!! ... YES YOU!! ... I LOVE YOU
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

LordChubby wrote:
Huffette wrote:
LordChubby wrote:

THEY DO LOOK GOOD 7\ BUT IM JUST SAYING ..
LOL, don't get insulted. I'm just pointing out a fact. I wish I had the money to invest in them. I would love them.

Huffette
MasochisticMoans
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everything~
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

LordChubby wrote: HEY I WAS NOT INSULTING I SWEAR 8| BUT NOW I UNDERSTAND YOU HAD A TIME LIMIT :\ I HATE HATE HATE TIME LIMITS . I WAS ASKING BECAUSE THE ARTWORKS LOOKED RUSHED AND WITH TAROT DECKS PEOPLE WOULD TAKE A YEAR OR 2 TO FINISH .. WHY WAS IT RUSHED? \| ANYWAYS WHAT SUIT ARE YOUR CARDS? ALSO YES MAKE YOUR OWN TAROT DECK AND TAKE YOUR TIME WITH IT 8)|* AND SORRY IF I SOUNDED MEAN!! IT WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE MEAN TOWARDS THE ARTISTS (JUST MEAN TOWARDS TIME LIMITS) 7\
--LordChubby: Lol, I know you weren't insulting :P That is why I thanked you for the constructive criticism :U 8)|*
Time limits are a giaaant pain sometimes... the developer wanted things as 'finished as possible' for some convention so he could showcase the game. I am usually good with time limits, but I had a really rough xmas which was when I took the commission, and that threw me for one helluva loop for awhile and then college assignments piled up reaally fast. The artist for the earth suit actually did only have 2 weeks to do her suit, and this was because the artist before her neglected it until last minute.

Oh man, I cannot waaaait to work on my ideas for tarot decks~ 3D

--Aeryn: Thank you so much for the support. It is greatly greatly appreciated 8)|* 8)|* :*3

--Huffette: Thanks as well :*3 I know what it is like to have very little extra cash... I'm a college student again and an artist...sooo, I am pretty broke too :silly:

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

MasochisticMoans wrote:
LordChubby wrote: HEY I WAS NOT INSULTING I SWEAR 8| BUT NOW I UNDERSTAND YOU HAD A TIME LIMIT :\ I HATE HATE HATE TIME LIMITS . I WAS ASKING BECAUSE THE ARTWORKS LOOKED RUSHED AND WITH TAROT DECKS PEOPLE WOULD TAKE A YEAR OR 2 TO FINISH .. WHY WAS IT RUSHED? \| ANYWAYS WHAT SUIT ARE YOUR CARDS? ALSO YES MAKE YOUR OWN TAROT DECK AND TAKE YOUR TIME WITH IT 8)|* AND SORRY IF I SOUNDED MEAN!! IT WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE MEAN TOWARDS THE ARTISTS (JUST MEAN TOWARDS TIME LIMITS) 7\
--LordChubby: Lol, I know you weren't insulting :P That is why I thanked you for the constructive criticism :U 8)|*
Time limits are a giaaant pain sometimes... the developer wanted things as 'finished as possible' for some convention so he could showcase the game. I am usually good with time limits, but I had a really rough xmas which was when I took the commission, and that threw me for one helluva loop for awhile and then college assignments piled up reaally fast. The artist for the earth suit actually did only have 2 weeks to do her suit, and this was because the artist before her neglected it until last minute.

Oh man, I cannot waaaait to work on my ideas for tarot decks~ 3D

--Aeryn: Thank you so much for the support. It is greatly greatly appreciated 8)|* 8)|* :*3

--Huffette: Thanks as well :*3 I know what it is like to have very little extra cash... I'm a college student again and an artist...sooo, I am pretty broke too :silly:
Being in college is tough, even when you are holding a hard to find job. I can't wait to see your ideas for decks. Please showcase them when you do them.

Huffette

Return to “Website Showcase”