House Cleansings - Expectations and Dread

Tips and tricks for connecting with angels.
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

About three months ago, my ex and his fiance came to me with a problem. His house has started acting up. They're both recovering drug addicts, extremely RECENT recovering addicts, actually, and before he met her, he had a lot of traffic in and out of his house.

She's rather sensitive, and like many addicts, extremely superstitious.

Cleansing a house, whether there's something there or not, goes a long way to laying to rest both the disturbed energies in the house AND in the people dwelling within the house. It helps for people to connect house with home, and claim that space as their own.

It also invokes the protection of a threshold, and encourages the house to guard the occupants. Contrary to popular thinking, houses, and the land they sit on, DO gain consciousness after awhile - enough energy is expended in them that they become accidental egregores. If enough negative energy is expended, it CAN attract bad THINGS to the location, but most often, it simply encourages negative loops in the occupants.

For this reason, when taking up a new resident, or starting a new chapter in your life, cleansing your home is always a good idea.

So. I sat them both down, and I explained that, whether their house was haunted (unlikely because no one had actually died in that location - nor had any previous owner loved the house enough to return to it after death), or just disturbed, or whether something nastier had moved in (which WAS likely considering the type of people who had been gathering there for the past four years at LEAST, and gods know what kinds of people gathered there before he bought the house), a cleansing was definitely in order.

Cleansing is simple. It actually doesn't take much by way of ingredients - you need, at most, salt and clean water. If you want to be a bit more extravagant, add a blessed white candle (I like to etch runes for home and protection on mine and dip it in holy water, giving it a final rub down with holy oil, charging it the whole time - you can even drill a hole in the top and load it with herbs that make you feel safe, if you like), fresh bread, honey, a knife, and rosemary olive oil. If you want to go all out, get some incense charcoal (and of course a fire-safe brazier of some kind), copal resin, a sage, cedar and sweetgrass blended bundle, and some quartz crystals and iron spikes. Leave the honey and bread outside the house if you're going to use them. Also keep out a small bit of salt.

Once you've got your ingredients, you need to decide how you want to do this. Do you want to start in the center of the house and spiral outwards, do you want to start in the north and cleanse back to the north? Remember that you're banishing, so make all your motions counterclockwise.

These instructions are for the All Out version. You can pare it down as far as you like.

First... light your candle and your incense charcoal. Next, add the copal resin to the charcoal. Copal banishes and cleanses. It's been used in temples for generations to kick the nasties out, and works for everything that goes bump in the night. Plus, it smells clean. Walk the house with your candle and your brazier. Smoke the corners - ceiling and floor - of every room, always going counterclockwise. You can say a prayer. Most Christians like Psalm 91. Other faiths use other prayers - you might want to make something up. If you're an atheist, focus on the idea of what you're doing - invoking positivity and revoking negativity in yourself and in your environment - and getting the house on your side.

Below is the direct from Hebrew to English translation for Psalm 91. I find that translations from the source, rather than through 9 different languages and political venues usually works best, but that might be the purist in me.
Psalms Chapter 91

1 O thou that dwellest in the covert of the Most High, and abidest in the shadow of the Almighty;
2 I will say of the LORD, who is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust,
3 That He will deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He will cover thee with His pinions, and under His wings shalt thou take refuge; His truth is a shield and a buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Of the pestilence that walketh in darkness, nor of the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold, and see the recompense of the wicked.
9 For thou hast made the LORD who is my refuge, even the Most High, thy habitation.
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy tent.
11 For He will give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee upon their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and asp; the young lion and the serpent shalt thou trample under feet.
14 'Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he hath known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him, and bring him to honour.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and make him to behold My salvation.' {P}
Once you've banished the negative energies and entities (and invoked divine protection) into your house, take up the sage, cedar and sweetgrass bundle, light it, and smudge the house going clockwise to invoke positive spirits and energies in the house. Sage sets things back to neutral, cedar also cleanses negative energies, and sweetgrass encourages positive energies and entities to thrive. Essentially, the copal chases everything big out, the cedar takes the small stuff that's really bad and makes it positive, the sage takes the small stuff that's not so bad and makes it neutral, and the sweetgrass takes the cleansed and neutral energies and makes them positive. Always use sweetgrass when doing things this way, because when you wipe a slate clean, you have to fill it with something - nature abhors a vacuum and there's no sense in doing all this if you're just going to leave a clean slate for something else to nest in.

Now, take a little bit of salt, and put it into your fresh water. Bless the water. You can use a prayer, or just the idea - you can bless the water yourself, or ask your deities to bless it for you. Water actually changes shape under a microscope when blessed - and you're going for that shape. Once you've made your holy water, it's time to draw your threshold. You can do this by asperging (sprinkling), or by taking your forefinger and drawing lines with the water. Do so across every threshold - window sills, door thresholds - I go all out and include all internal doors (and if your house is weird like my parent's house, internal windows), all vents, gas lines, water lines, drains, electrical outlets (wipe the bottom of the plate - no electrocuting yourself during this process) and switches... the works. Anything that is a portal for bringing things into the house or taking them out needs to be blessed. With every sprinkle or line you draw, say the simple words, "No Evil May Enter In." In your mind, visualize a white barrier going up in a dome (3-D - you have earth under your feet, remember the land as well as the floor and make it a globe).

Now, take your knife, and do exactly the same thing, only this time, you will visualize a barrier of blades and thorns going up, and you will say as you draw your line, "All Evil Is Turned Back."

Now, finally, take the rosemary olive oil, bless it, and do the same thing as you did with the holy water, but this time, you're using holy oil, and your idea is to make the foundations of the house sacred land. You are making your land and your house into a temple - making it holy. All actions within the house will be blessed by the fact that your house is in essence becoming a church. And no, it doesn't matter if you're an atheist... all humans believe in something they consider sacred, and with holy oil, you are evoking that sacredness as part of your defenses. Whether what you consider sacred is what you consider to be divine, or if you find the sacred in the everyday, you are evoking sacredness into your home. Use whatever prayer or phrase you feel works best for this idea. One woman I taught this to asked Jesus to bless her house. Another asked the sunrise and music to make her house safe. Whatever works for you, so long as when you're done, your house and land feel sacred.

With all three of these steps, go clockwise, and remember that, unless you're in an apartment, you need to remember to do the land as well as your house.

Finally, place salt in every corner of the house, and property. Place iron spikes in every corner of the property, and across thresholds. Place quartz which you have asked to protect and defend your home into the land and all around your house. You'll know where they should go best - use your intuition as your guide, and trust your gut.

Now, bring in the last bit of salt, that you will never go wanting, the honey, that you will never be sick, and the bread, that you will never be hungry.

The blessing and cleansing/consecration of your house is over.

WHY DID I PUT THIS UNDER ANGELS?

The people I discussed before giving you all this information went home, and did this ritual. Afterwards, they started smelling things - she started smelling cologne, so strongly that she kept looking up to see if her boyfriend was there, and he started smelling flowers.

Two nights ago, they called me in a panic, because they both had heard the sound of a bell. It surprised them, and when they realized that they had heard something that hadn't been there, it aroused the normal human response - to dread what you don't understand.

Bells are used to chase away negativity. The scents that they were both experiencing made both of them feel comforted and safe. They had blessed their house with prayers. Someone had answered.

What smells sweet - of comfort and safety - and comes with the peal of bells which make you feel cleaner inside and out?

If, when you are finished cleansing your house, and you've done it correctly... you may have the same experiences.

Please do not call ME at 3 in the morning panicking because you invoked the angels to cleanse your house for you, and they actually answered.

Really, a Catholic boy who is a retired demonologist should KNOW better. ::facepalm::

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I'm including a link to a slightly better edited copy of this post from my personal, external blog. It's got just a few tiny extras - what to do with red brick dust if you like that flavor, WHY they panicked, and how to invoke the threshold guardian aspect of your house. Mostly it's the same information, but the extras might be useful to someone.

http://www.magickfromthemysts.com/2/pos ... fects.html

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

I did this with my home a few months back, though in my case I just used 3 sticks of incense and went from up to down and back up.
Definitely feel a lot less hostility in the house, even from visitors, after that I did that. Not to mention that it's generally become easier to do thing around the house too, fix things, work on stuff, ect.

Course it's also likely that my Spirits have a hand in it and it wasn't JUST the cleansing.

Morgana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

Nice post!

I add frankincense resin to the charcoal and we also use rose water to sprinkle around the walls; sometimes even mop the whole floor with rose water....

Cool thread! :lol:

Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Frankincense and rose water are AWESOME.

Actually, I think the catholic holy water includes essence of rose oil in it. :)

Morgana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

I forgot to add that I have also used the trilogy: frankincense, myrrh and copal. Although, use whatever is available. But this trio is strong!

I like the rosewater...it leaves a fresh, clean scent that lingers for a while:) :rainbow:

"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha
cam__
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Ahhh, thank you so much for this post!! I'm moving later in March, and all that has been on my mind lately is how to go about cleansing and protecting my new home. This will be an invaluable resource when that time comes, I cannot thank you enough. :)

-Caelan
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

:thumbup:

Athena Winter
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sanguine Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Araminta Narsinthia
Zodiac:

Bookmarked! thanks for posting this 8)|*

Blessed to be a part of the ::ch:: family
tang3rin
new here
new here

Wow, this is great! Thanks for posting! I'm moving next week, so I'll definitely have to make sure that I set aside all these supplies and pack them in the same box so I can have them right away when I get to my new apartment.

Return to “Connecting With Angels”