Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

I use both an Excel spreadsheet and a printed 4 x 6 inch card that I designed (photos below)... but, I do indeed like the idea of an interactive app. I'll be watching to see what you end up with. :U
Card...
Excel...

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
Ferocious Harmony
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
Zodiac:

moonshadowlab wrote:I love it, what a great idea ! I would definitely would use this
Yes!

Welcome to the wonders of memory. Contrary to popular belief we all have exceptional memories and with the right techniques can utilize such to any application or extent. Even a cursory Google-search of 'memory palace' can show you techniques. Utilizing rote memory, memorization through repetition, is rarely necessary. You don't have to have an eidetic memory to make it seem like you have an eidetic memory.

Protip: Advertising Agencies know all of the little tricks to make something stick in your mind to try to sell their products.

The study of memory techniques is, in my opinion, utilizing that which is naturally compatible with the way memory works.

I.E. Why use a wrench to hammer a nail when you have a mallet? There are easier ways to build a house. Sure you can get the job done with either, but the intended function of one is much more feasible to the task at hand.

There is no time like the present to discover your inner-brilliance. : )

-Fero.H

I read these words of my future in the past, and now my lie is true.

There is always a solution, have you the fortitude to seek it.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Huff has the beginnings of a program like this in Microsoft Access.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 150
My magical/paranormal name...: Rainbow Walker
Zodiac:

Bane wrote:
jellybean wrote: I always keep a copy of the listing as well. Sometimes the info in that is the same as they send you and sometimes it!s not, so maybe a field for that?

A field for the listing how so? A field to copy paste the listing's information?
jellybean wrote: Also maybe a date they joined the family? Spirits, other than human spirits, don't usually have birthdays as such and some people like to celebrate the anniversary of when they joined the family so a place to record the date they arrived would be nice. 
Well as requested on it, here's a little update also on how it's being made (sorry it has to be link directed due to size :] ):
http://www.paraecho.com/public/album_ph ... c5.jpg?c=a
Yes, somewhere to cut & paste a copy of the listing. As we all know some of the listings are for a short time only and despite our most careful attempts to keep a copy, sometimes we lose track of where we stored them.

And yes! The date joined! Perfect!

~ Jane

:pirate2: :pirate2: PROUD TO BE A PIRATE :pirate2: :pirate2:
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

I love the idea of a small app for spirits info, would make things much easier. :thumbup:

Bane
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon

jellybean wrote: Yes, somewhere to cut & paste a copy of the listing. As we all know some of the listings are for a short time only and despite our most careful attempts to keep a copy, sometimes we lose track of where we stored them.
And what info would the listing have that the current Spirit Info window doesn't support yet? (keep in mind that this is for spirits only, at this point at least)

1 Golden Dragon, 1 Red dragon, 3 Blue Dragons, 1 Silver Dragon, 1 Djan Djin, 1 Forest Faery, 1 Spriggan, 1 Gnome
r3ddevil
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
If I could be anything, I would be...: faery or elemental
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: i dont know yet
Zodiac:

HOWS THE PROJECT GOING STILL? oops caps

Proud Owner Of: 1 Succubus, 1 Nympho, Jia Alliance Drow Elf
jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Bane wrote:
jellybean wrote: Yes, somewhere to cut & paste a copy of the listing. As we all know some of the listings are for a short time only and despite our most careful attempts to keep a copy, sometimes we lose track of where we stored them.
And what info would the listing have that the current Spirit Info window doesn't support yet? (keep in mind that this is for spirits only, at this point at least)
Little bits of info about personality that aren't in the other info provided. I don't have specifics here but in the past I have received a spirit that the listing says say the age & gender & that it likes something & none of that is mentioned in the notes that accompany the spirit in the package.

~ Jane

AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

jellybean wrote:
Bane wrote:
Little bits of info about personality that aren't in the other info provided. I don't have specifics here but in the past I have received a spirit that the listing says say the age & gender & that it likes something & none of that is mentioned in the notes that accompany the spirit in the package.
That seems like something that would fit very easily into the Notes field.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

AlexCzernosech wrote:
jellybean wrote:
Bane wrote:
That seems like something that would fit very easily into the Notes field.
Yeah, I'd already suggested somewhere to cut & paste the listing and then he linked to the updated design with the notes field. And then he asked what info I meant might be missing so this was my response to that q. The notes field would be perfect because you can add anything to it. But what would be it's size limit? I don't know how much you might want to add over the years that you host your spirits.

~ Jane

Return to “Spirit Keeping”