Kelpie

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
JessiccaC
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon/Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Anastazia Birthrite
Zodiac:

I've felt a calling for a Kelpie and I've been working with a seller I trust, and whom I have purchased spirits from before. She is helping me with a custom Kelpie. I've read the Encyclopedia entry here and they do seem a little...darker than grey, but I'm sure that they are not all tempered the same way...much as humans and all the other spirits. Good and bad in all. I've also searched the forums for Kelpies and found older entries but not much that I felt I was looking for.
Can anyone, preferably someone who has worked with them for a while, tell me more about them?
I can see why they are classified as grey and are considered dangerous.
Thank you in advance for your insight!

Much love & Many Blessings
Jessicca

My Spirit Family: Astral Black Werewolf(M), Royal Black Dragon(M), Merman, Gold Dragon(F),Undine Oarsman(M),Kelpie Stallion (M).
silversamhain
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: gargoyles/dragonoids
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wyvern
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Caoimhe
Zodiac:

JessiccaC wrote:I've felt a calling for a Kelpie and I've been working with a seller I trust, and whom I have purchased spirits from before. She is helping me with a custom Kelpie. I've read the Encyclopedia entry here and they do seem a little...darker than grey, but I'm sure that they are not all tempered the same way...much as humans and all the other spirits. Good and bad in all. I've also searched the forums for Kelpies and found older entries but not much that I felt I was looking for.
Can anyone, preferably someone who has worked with them for a while, tell me more about them?
I can see why they are classified as grey and are considered dangerous.
Thank you in advance for your insight!
I don't have a kelpie myself (though I've had a calling for one for a while, I've yet to find which one it is...), I do have a dullahan which is another Irish fae spirit known for being particularly dark. While he is dark, I've faced no issues in working with him and in fact he has acted as a sort of intermediary between me and dark unbounds that I have interacted with in dreams... helping me to understand their culture a bit more and keeping me from getting in too deep.

If you have a custom bound, it should be one willing to work with you like my dullahan does with me, and don't be afraid to work with it C:

I hope some other folks come by and can give you a bit more info, and I'd love to read more experiences about them as well :)

JessiccaC
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon/Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Anastazia Birthrite
Zodiac:

Thank you, Silver.
I wasn't really afraid of him, because my trusted Werewolf spirit companion suggested him to me and told me to trust him, which I do. But sometimes you just have to wonder about things Spirits ask of us, lol. Anyway, he told me to not just ask for a Kelpie, but an Oarsman Rider as well. I'd never heard of that and I spoke with my seller, Astrelle from Celestial Tarot (She is amazing and I truly trust and recommend working with her if you feel called to do so.) and told her what my Wolf had told me. I truly felt like I poured my heart out to her and I would do so here but it feels entirely too personal for me to do so just yet. Maybe one day though.
Anyways, she told me that an Oarsman collects the souls of anyone who dies in the water and ushers them to the afterlife. It was so amazing to have my spirit communication confirmed like that.
A week later I have my spirits and I called to them individually, spacing it out twenty-four hours in-between. I actually met my Undine the night before I received his vessel in a dream, and he was just watching me, like he wanted me to notice him. I'm not afraid of them at all, but I approach all of my spirits the same way in the beginning- with the utmost respect.
I've even petted my Kelpie Stallion when I first called to him. I didn't feel coldness, just sheer...energy and power I guess. It traveled from my fingers all the way down to my middle toe, lol. It was so intense, almost painful, but not quite.
No bad dreams to speak of either. Although I dreamed of watching the ocean from above and seeing them gallop under the water. It was invigorating, actually.
I've told my Kelpie that I was unable to find much information about him, and what I did find was...interesting. That he liked to lure people to the water and eat them. To that he said, "I must eat something." I felt like he was almost teasing me, but not answering one way or the other. I told him that if he ever felt the need to share something that I could share with other people about him or any other Kelpies I would pass it along. So the lines of communication are open lol. I think they enjoy their legend and the awe they invoke...or at least he seems to lol.
I'll try to keep you guys posted though.

Much love & Many Blessings
Jessicca

My Spirit Family: Astral Black Werewolf(M), Royal Black Dragon(M), Merman, Gold Dragon(F),Undine Oarsman(M),Kelpie Stallion (M).
silversamhain
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

JessiccaC wrote: I've told my Kelpie that I was unable to find much information about him, and what I did find was...interesting. That he liked to lure people to the water and eat them. To that he said, "I must eat something." I felt like he was almost teasing me, but not answering one way or the other. I told him that if he ever felt the need to share something that I could share with other people about him or any other Kelpies I would pass it along. So the lines of communication are open lol. I think they enjoy their legend and the awe they invoke...or at least he seems to lol.
I'll try to keep you guys posted though.
Hahaha that sounds exactly like my dear dullahan! Not quite denying but not quite confirming it..... Very sidhe %)

Do post about him as you work with him! I'd love to read more about your experiences C: I hope y'all are happy together, as you sound you are already C:

Zirk
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male

silversamhain. Could you tell me, what you know about the Dullahan?

silversamhain
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Zirk wrote:silversamhain. Could you tell me, what you know about the Dullahan?
Erp sorry this is so late. Been a busy semester x_x

Well, that's a broad question, haha! Not to take this off-topic from Kelpies, but mythologically they are the 'headless horseman' character in irish mythology, a kind of fae that drives a carriage, uses a human spine as a whip, and takes the souls of those who they encounter at night. They fear gold. Often carry their severed heads which are supposed to be horrifyingly disgusting (one description said their complexion is like old cheese, yum).

As I've said in this and other posts, the Dullahan who came to me doesn't perfectly fit the traditional 'evil and soul-stealing' theme; he is very DA, but acts more as a ferry back and forth between the realm of the fae and this world. He is rather protective but firm in teaching me the ways of working with the darker fae. He seems to suggest something about a previous life spent around him, and teases me that I hate gold like he does (honestly I can't stand the stuff and own no gold jewelry at all). He's rather hard to understand at times but is a wonderful resource and.... friend? Perhaps to informal a word. Partner? I'm not really sure. He is very formal and... eloquent?

Also he won't let me see his head. I still haven't figured out why *shrug* I think he saves it for the souls he actually takes.

Was that what you're looking for? (If not, search 'dullahan' on the forums because I know I started/added stuff to a post about them! Like I said I don't want to derail this post on kelpies C: )

Zirk
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male

Thanks silversamhain.

I did read that, on the web.
I was wondering if there was anything else, that is known about them.

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”