Enact Leelah's Law

Do you know of a charity that needs help?
cnz
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 39
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Spriggan
If I could be anything, I would be...: A fae
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Enesidaone
Zodiac:

Caiyros Arlen wrote: Conversion Therapy is a euphemism for:
Brainwashing
Torture (and its subset Sleep Deprevation and Nutrient and Light and Dark depravation
Imprisonment
Oh yes indeed!!!

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:We have people walking the earth right now who object to the notion that the moon reflects light from the sun, as it's against the Biblical statement that the Lord put two lights in the sky, the sun and moon. We have people who reject evolution and other scientific knowledge.

These are the people who are most likely to subject their LGBT children to rejection and/or brainwashing like so-called "conversion therapy". Not to mention, impress all manner of ugly opinions about non-heterosexuals that make the kids despise themselves, even if said kids have NOT come out to their families and been rejected.

So I am in favor of outlawing "conversion therapy". Too bad we can't outlaw treating your own kids like &#!+ because of the way they were BORN.
My take is that they cannot help that YOUR hormones were out in left field while YOU were carrying THEM. The parents are to blame for this. The problem is the parents feel the kids are in rebellion, not the hormones the child dealt with for nine months.

I feel that conversion therapy is another form of child abuse and the "therapists" who practice it and the "parents" who force it onto their children should go to jail. The kids are that way because of the parents and now the parents want to mess up their minds. I cannot tell you how wrong that is.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Azure Echo
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I signed it, and all of this sort of thing is so unfortunate. To be put in a circumstance like this is literally to be made less than human. You feel like you are not normal and are unacceptable to society. The fact that the parents enforce this only makes that sort of isolation that much harsher. Some kids will break, and will either give into the therapy, or those around them if no therapy is present, and do everything the opposers want to feel human, to feel loved, to feel accepted. It is not okay to let any sort of person feel that way. I've felt the sting of it, and my parents were accepting of me. I couldn't even imagine what any of these poor people go through. :(

I agree with Caiyros. The therapy process is torture, and should be classified as such.

And then there was a thing, but not any thing, it was a thingy thing.
~~~~~~
Azure Echo, owner of Azure's Immortal Conjures.
https://azures-immortal-conjures.fwscart.com/
jewelheart
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Fairy
My magical/paranormal name...: Soul Wings
Zodiac:

I think it should go by each individual...there are many different situations that conversion therapy could help rather than harm, and vice-versa. I am not for banning anything, really. That is where we get ourselves into trouble, because of the certain situations that this wasn't meant for will not benefit from it. But that is just me. I understand the reasoning behind it, but some kids are born with ambiguous genitalia. They may need some kind of conversion therapy to deal with this....key work is "may". I do believe no therapy should ever be forced on a child.......to me that is a form a mental child abuse. But again, each situation is different. There are so many different kinds of cases that we can't just box them into one group. That is why banning one thing may not benefit all.

I LOVE Dragons!!
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

blumoon8 wrote:I signed it, and all of this sort of thing is so unfortunate. To be put in a circumstance like this is literally to be made less than human. You feel like you are not normal and are unacceptable to society. The fact that the parents enforce this only makes that sort of isolation that much harsher. Some kids will break, and will either give into the therapy, or those around them if no therapy is present, and do everything the opposers want to feel human, to feel loved, to feel accepted. It is not okay to let any sort of person feel that way. I've felt the sting of it, and my parents were accepting of me. I couldn't even imagine what any of these poor people go through. :(
Not to mention, there are other innocent victims likely to crop up, farther down the line, in the form of the spouses the so-called converted people take, in their efforts to make themselves "straight". I can think of two people, one I know personally and one I know online, who wound up in marriages that should never have happened. In both cases, it was a situation where a guy was trying to MAKE himself "straight" by marrying a woman. Does anyone with a working brain cell need to be told that these efforts proved to be unsuccessful? Those women gave their hearts, and years of their lives, to those men, only to find that they couldn't be what their husbands really needed, no matter what they did. What does that do to them?

So now the husbands are victimized by trying, and failing, to be something they're not, in order to please... whom, exactly? The wives are victimized because they're caught in the middle of this through no fault of their own. And the kids in both marriages have to deal with a family situation that they never asked for. It's an everybody-gets-hurt situation.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
jewelheart
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote:
Likes2Read wrote:We have people walking the earth right now who object to the notion that the moon reflects light from the sun, as it's against the Biblical statement that the Lord put two lights in the sky, the sun and moon. We have people who reject evolution and other scientific knowledge.

These are the people who are most likely to subject their LGBT children to rejection and/or brainwashing like so-called "conversion therapy". Not to mention, impress all manner of ugly opinions about non-heterosexuals that make the kids despise themselves, even if said kids have NOT come out to their families and been rejected.

So I am in favor of outlawing "conversion therapy". Too bad we can't outlaw treating your own kids like &#!+ because of the way they were BORN.
My take is that they cannot help that YOUR hormones were out in left field while YOU were carrying THEM. The parents are to blame for this. The problem is the parents feel the kids are in rebellion, not the hormones the child dealt with for nine months.

I feel that conversion therapy is another form of child abuse and the "therapists" who practice it and the "parents" who force it onto their children should go to jail. The kids are that way because of the parents and now the parents want to mess up their minds. I cannot tell you how wrong that is.
I don't know a lot about conversion therapy, but I have been in therapy for depression before, myself. So I guess my take on the situation is partly going by the empathy I have experienced in my own life with therapists. Do you think that therapists who perform conversion therapy are doing this because of what they believe in? Meaning they are against the gender and identity equality? My feelings are so mixed on this....not that I don't believe in gender and identity equality...I very much do believe in it....I just don't want one law leaving anyone out....see what I mean?
Health professionals are supposed to leave their own personal beliefs and feelings out of their professional life when it comes to treating patients. It can be very hard to do, but that is what I meant above when I asked that question. I suppose that is an oxymoronic statement since of course they would have to believe in what they were doing. Someone help me to see this issue better, please?

I LOVE Dragons!!
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

jewelheart wrote:
Huffette wrote:

I don't know a lot about conversion therapy, but I have been in therapy for depression before, myself. So I guess my take on the situation is partly going by the empathy I have experienced in my own life with therapists. Do you think that therapists who perform conversion therapy are doing this because of what they believe in? Meaning they are against the gender and identity equality? My feelings are so mixed on this....not that I don't believe in gender and identity equality...I very much do believe in it....I just don't want one law leaving anyone out....see what I mean?
Health professionals are supposed to leave their own personal beliefs and feelings out of their professional life when it comes to treating patients. It can be very hard to do, but that is what I meant above when I asked that question. I suppose that is an oxymoronic statement since of course they would have to believe in what they were doing. Someone help me to see this issue better, please?
It is very hard to check your beliefs and ideas at the door when you go into a patient's room. Fortunately, in the United States, we have freedom of speech, so we can go around talking about our gender preferences. Some countries do not have this freedom, and if you admit you are LGBT, you might be killed. It is so unfair to live your life in a closet because someone cannot accept that you are just as much a gift as they are. We are all precious gifts and should be treasured as such.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
jewelheart
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

wor
Huffette wrote:
jewelheart wrote:
Huffette wrote:

It is very hard to check your beliefs and ideas at the door when you go into a patient's room. Fortunately, in the United States, we have freedom of speech, so we can go around talking about our gender preferences. Some countries do not have this freedom, and if you admit you are LGBT, you might be killed. It is so unfair to live your life in a closet because someone cannot accept that you are just as much a gift as they are. We are all precious gifts and should be treasured as such.
It is very hard to do this, but I try my best to do this when I work with patients. As a result over the last twenty years, I have grown as a person being able to accept things that I once found hard to accept, and less tolerant of things I once found tolerance for. It is all in perspective and how we each view. I am all for the LGBT people to be out of the closet. No one should feel like they should have to hide. That would be a terrible life to live and feel for all who have gone through this. I am thankful we live in America where here we can express who we are.

My issue with the law was the fact that conversion therapy should be there for those who welcome it, not for those who force it on others. That being said, I do not think any child should be forced to go through any kind of conversion therapy, (after I have had some thought, because of what a parent thinks the child should be. I do think if anything is offered or needed for a child who is having problems....just acceptance of who they are as a beautiful person on this earth and as you say we are all precious gifts. <3

I LOVE Dragons!!

Return to “Charities & Causes”