Using Mental Imaging and Narration to Connect

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
Fenrir_Shadowfang
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kistune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf-based Kistune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Fenrir Shadowfang
Zodiac:

When I first started in this journey, I had a lot of difficulty connecting to my own spirits, but then I got creative.

Now whenever I am in the mood to try to talk to my spirits, I lie down somewhere comfortable (my bed usually as a pillow top mattress and a feather bed on top of that makes for near divine comfort) and I try to relax my muscles. When I have at least focused my mind, I begin to narrate to myself as though I was the narrator in an old cartoon or tv show. I would start out as follows:

"I find myself beginning to feel lighter, slowly relaxing and slipping deep into my mind. (it helps to have your eyes closed). I soon find myself in a blank black void, nothing around me as I float in this black eternity. I feel all of my body becoming loose and flexible and as I feel like I am being rocked like I was riding on a gentle river. As I float along, I find the black beginning to change colour, it soon becomes a swirl of tones of ________, ___________, ______etc."

At this point in my narration, I describe the colours that would be present in the real world environment (or fictional environment) which I seek to create with the swirling colour. I myself have created a huge island with a single mountain a huge amount of boreal forest and a few other choice environments.

The next step of my narration involves the emergence from the void and into that environment. I describe everything I would expect to see there (helps to use environments you are familiar with). This helps me create the setting.

Immediately after that, I narrate that I am a bodiless spirit which seeks its physical form in this realm. Using this part of the narration, I create even more details about the surrounding environment and which of my spirits' vessels are currently engaged in which activities in what parts of the environment.

Eventually, I find my avatar here in this realm (an 11' cerberus/kitsune hybrid, I am a furfan afterall), and I narrate the merging of myself into my avatar's body and then I describe the awakening of the avatar going through each sense separately (what I smell, what I feel, what I hear, and the last sense I always do is the sense of vision as this represents the total awakening of my vessel)

The next stage in my narrative process is to narrate the way to the vessel of the spirit I wish to communicate with (providing enough detail to actually picture the environment in my head). Upon reaching the vessel for the spirit (my actual spirits aren't normally here as these are essentially mentally created characters whose lives progress at the same time as mine does) I use a simple or complex invocation to bring my spirit into this realm and into their body in that realm. I narrate myself doing this of course, complete with all preparations and/or body movements during the ritual.

Upon completion of the ritual, I narrate the spirit coming into their body, and then I attempt to talk to them.

Some times it works, sometimes it doesn't.

The final stage once done, is to go through the process in reverse to bring myself back to my normal body.

I hope this can help some of you who are having trouble. 1mg 1ak 2cl

1i Another thought is to just trust your instincts and do what you feel inside will work

I have way too many spirits to list here efficiently.
MysticMoonhigh
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Amber Dragon,I guess
If I could be anything, I would be...: DRAGON
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Fenrir_Shadowfang wrote:When I first started in this journey, I had a lot of difficulty connecting to my own spirits, but then I got creative.

Now whenever I am in the mood to try to talk to my spirits, I lie down somewhere comfortable (my bed usually as a pillow top mattress and a feather bed on top of that makes for near divine comfort) and I try to relax my muscles. When I have at least focused my mind, I begin to narrate to myself as though I was the narrator in an old cartoon or tv show. I would start out as follows:

"I find myself beginning to feel lighter, slowly relaxing and slipping deep into my mind. (it helps to have your eyes closed). I soon find myself in a blank black void, nothing around me as I float in this black eternity. I feel all of my body becoming loose and flexible and as I feel like I am being rocked like I was riding on a gentle river. As I float along, I find the black beginning to change colour, it soon becomes a swirl of tones of ________, ___________, ______etc."

At this point in my narration, I describe the colours that would be present in the real world environment (or fictional environment) which I seek to create with the swirling colour. I myself have created a huge island with a single mountain a huge amount of boreal forest and a few other choice environments.

The next step of my narration involves the emergence from the void and into that environment. I describe everything I would expect to see there (helps to use environments you are familiar with). This helps me create the setting.

Immediately after that, I narrate that I am a bodiless spirit which seeks its physical form in this realm. Using this part of the narration, I create even more details about the surrounding environment and which of my spirits' vessels are currently engaged in which activities in what parts of the environment.

Eventually, I find my avatar here in this realm (an 11' cerberus/kitsune hybrid, I am a furfan afterall), and I narrate the merging of myself into my avatar's body and then I describe the awakening of the avatar going through each sense separately (what I smell, what I feel, what I hear, and the last sense I always do is the sense of vision as this represents the total awakening of my vessel)

The next stage in my narrative process is to narrate the way to the vessel of the spirit I wish to communicate with (providing enough detail to actually picture the environment in my head). Upon reaching the vessel for the spirit (my actual spirits aren't normally here as these are essentially mentally created characters whose lives progress at the same time as mine does) I use a simple or complex invocation to bring my spirit into this realm and into their body in that realm. I narrate myself doing this of course, complete with all preparations and/or body movements during the ritual.

Upon completion of the ritual, I narrate the spirit coming into their body, and then I attempt to talk to them.

Some times it works, sometimes it doesn't.

The final stage once done, is to go through the process in reverse to bring myself back to my normal body.

I hope this can help some of you who are having trouble. 1mg 1ak 2cl

1i Another thought is to just trust your instincts and do what you feel inside will work
Thank you so much for the advice! I will certainly be using this to try and connect to my spirit very soon. Many meditation videos use this same kind of narration of your experiences to help you sink into yourself [emoji75]

Prinsiippi
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 63
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

This is really well thought, I usually just visualize things as the images come to me quite effortlessly and spontaneously without planning beforehand, but I think I'll try using words to get what I want now when I next have some quiet time.

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

This is fabulous, I'm going to give it a try thanks! :)

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
alkemicVixen
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorite
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dark fae
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: is yet unknown.
Zodiac:

Awesome technique.

Fenrir_Shadowfang
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kistune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf-based Kistune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Fenrir Shadowfang
Zodiac:

alkemicVixen wrote:Awesome technique.
Thank you. It really helps me work with my spirits some days and I find it also relaxes me. Also, I've discovered that anything I can do to make my room feel like the actual environment I'm picturing such as incense, sounds, pictures, etc also further increases the intensity of my experience.

I have way too many spirits to list here efficiently.

Return to “Connecting”