Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Spriggan
If I could be anything, I would be...: A fae
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Enesidaone
Zodiac:

Interesting! :)
http://www.livescience.com/49965-siberi ... ation.html

Last summer, the discovery of several new giant craters in Siberia drew worldwide interest, launching wild speculation that meteorites, or even aliens, caused the gaping crevasses. And now, scientists have found even more of them.
In July 2014, reindeer herders discovered a 260-feet-wide (80 meters) crater in northern Russia's Yamal Peninsula. Later that month, two more craters were discovered in the Tazovsky district and Taymyr Peninsula (also spelled Taimyr), respectively.
Now, satellite images have revealed at least four more craters, and at least one is surrounded by as many as 20 mini craters, The Siberian Times reported.
"We know now of seven craters in the Arctic area," Vasily Bogoyavlensky, a scientist at the Moscow-based Oil and Gas Research Institute, told The Siberian Times. "Five are directly on the Yamal Peninsula, one in Yamal autonomous district, and one is on the north of the Krasnoyarsk region, near the Taimyr Peninsula."
Now, two of the craters have turned into lakes, satellite images reveal. A crater called B2, located 6.2 miles (10 kilometers) south of Bovanenkovo, a major gas field in the Yamalo-Nenets autonomous district, is now a large lake ringed by more than 20 smaller water-filled craters.
But Bogoyavlensky thinks there may be many more. He called for further investigation of the craters, out of safety concerns for the region. "We must research this phenomenon urgently, to prevent possible disasters," he said.
Trapped gases
Although the origin of these craters remains somewhat mysterious, many scientists think they were created by explosions of high-pressure gas released from melting permafrost, or frozen soil, due to the warming of the climate.
"In my opinion, it definitely relates to warming and permafrost," said Vladimir Romanovsky,a geophysicist who studies permafrost at the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
Romanovskythinks he knows how this occurs: Pressurized gas — mostly methane, but possibly carbon dioxide as well — exists beneath the permafrost. Since warming temperatures thaw the permafrost from the bottom up, an underground cavity forms, Romanovsky said. As the gas gets close to the surface, it deforms the ground above, creating a small hill. Finally, the pressurized gas erupts through the surface, forming a crater, he said.
In November 2014, scientists went on an expedition to study the Yamal crater, snapping some stunning photos. Vladimir Pushkarev, director of the Russian Centre of Arctic Exploration, actually climbed down into the crater on a rope to observe it from the inside.
"You can see from the photographs a very different structure," where most of the hole is caved in, but only the upper 16 to 23 feet (5 to 7 m) looks like a crater, Romanovsky told Live Science. "Only the upper several meters [of ground] was thrown away, but most of the hole was actually there before the eruption."
Dangerous explosions
The erupting methane may have even caught fire. Residents near the crater in the town of Antipayuta reported seeing a bright flash in the distance, according to The Siberian Times.
"Probably the gas ignited," Bogoyavlensky told The Siberian Times. Investigating the craters will be dangerous, because scientists don't know when the gas emissions will occur, he added.
How the methane would have caught fire is somewhat of a mystery, Romanovsky said. "It seems like it happened during wintertime, so there should be no thunderstorms, no lightning," he said. He thinks the methane probably erupted without igniting, just due to high pressure.
These craters should only form when the temperature is warm enough to melt the permafrost. "If the warming continues, we will see more and more of this phenomenon," Romanovsky said. It could happen anywhere there are enough sources of natural gas, including parts of Alaska and northwestern Canada, he added

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

The dumbbells that are are screwing up the planet for huge sums of money should be arrested and tried in a court of law (this is my opinion). There is a "semi-active volcanic source under the ground of Wisconsin and when fracking starts for the pipeline, I keep getting pictures in my head of the uUnited States, becoming split in half. Psychism? (Don't know) Worry? (Don't know)

Caiyros Arlen

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I can't understand how people can declare that global climate change is a hoax, when the freaking PERMAFROST is melting and releasing methane gases all over the world (or at least, all over the parts of the world where there's permafrost). On the Science channel, they showed people who caused a fireball on a frozen lake. Seems the permafrost under the lake was melting, causing methane to bubble up and get trapped under the frozen surface of the water. So to get rid of it, they would puncture the ice (allowing the gas under pressure to shoot out) and light it with a long match. FOOOOM -- instant flame jet shooting into the air from the burning methane gas.

Last time I checked, ice lakes are not supposed to shoot flammable gas and be able to catch fire. But ice lakes where the permafrost is melting, and the organic matter in it decomposes and releases methane, certainly can catch fire.

As for fracking, The Hubby and I were visiting my parents and they asked my opinion of it. They haven't got a computer, so I brought up some YouTube videos of the water coming out of people's faucets being able to catch fire, in the areas where fracking is screwing up the groundwater that people are using for their water supply. It's easy to search for -- anything that involves "water catches fire" or "tap water catches fire" should bring up some videos. People turn on their faucet, hold up a lit match near the water, and BOOM -- big fireball. And the powers-that-be expect these people to drink, cook, and bathe with this stuff? Seriously? It's disgraceful.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
GenesisLove
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: All WA & DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

Likes2Read,

Google the pictures of the craters and please tell me what you see. I keep seeing something I don't think is correct. Certain it's my imagination, at least I hope so.

Calling all psychics, seers etc. Google the pictures of the craters and tell me if you see anything in the spiritual realm. I'm to shy to say what I see, but if someone else see it, I will confirm.

Love Conquers All, Even Fear.
VenthFang
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Undecided
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Venth
Zodiac:

GenesisLove wrote:Likes2Read,

Google the pictures of the craters and please tell me what you see. I keep seeing something I don't think is correct. Certain it's my imagination, at least I hope so.

Calling all psychics, seers etc. Google the pictures of the craters and tell me if you see anything in the spiritual realm. I'm to shy to say what I see, but if someone else see it, I will confirm.
I'm certainly NO expert by any means but I see a face. Something of a darker caliber like a Dark Art spirit. Just what I saw!

"I am not a wolf in sheep's clothing, I'm a wolf in wolf's clothing." ~Rickey Gervais
Valar Morghulis my friends.
Magemoss
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: n/a
If I could be anything, I would be...: I'm good
My magical/paranormal name...: n/a

It's an unfortunate situation that we are forced to watch as climate change affects our planet, and yet we are incapable of enacting any meaningful change. I just hope that human society will be able to come together and stem further aggravation of an already bad situation.

GenesisLove
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: All WA & DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

VenthFang wrote:
GenesisLove wrote:Likes2Read,

I'm certainly NO expert by any means but I see a face. Something of a darker caliber like a Dark Art spirit. Just what I saw!
What you see is similar to what I see.

Love Conquers All, Even Fear.

Return to “Discoveries”