neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 10
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
Zodiac:

I've been trying to AP (astral project) myself however I am having some trouble. Namely when it comes to knowing when my body is asleep/in sleep paralysis. I'm not even sure how it is suppose to feel vs the feeling one gets when transitioning to sleep paralysis (between the body being awake/being asleep).

Was wondering if anyone had tips they'd like to share for astral projection? Maybe even share some experiences and how they felt?

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

A friend of mine said that she achieved it by falling asleep after setting an alarm to go off in 3-5 hours. After the alarm goes off, you wake up in a sort of sleep paralysis like state. Then you just roll put of your body. I tried it and could AP pretty easily. The key is sleeping only for a few hours, mainly around 3-5, depending on the person. Hope this helps. : )

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
CelticStar
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 10
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
Zodiac:

Kitsune wrote:A friend of mine said that she achieved it by falling asleep after setting an alarm to go off in 3-5 hours. After the alarm goes off, you wake up in a sort of sleep paralysis like state. Then you just roll put of your body. I tried it and could AP pretty easily. The key is sleeping only for a few hours, mainly around 3-5, depending on the person. Hope this helps. : )
Sounds interesting. What of the alarm though? Do you shut it off or leave it (thinking of the other people who are in the house lol)?

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

If the alarm bothers you or others, you can ask your spirits to wake you up if that works better.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
shadowdust
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 27
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: I don't know
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I dont have a magical name
Zodiac:

You can use your phone 's vibrate mode as alarm.

MysticMom
neophyte
neophyte

I also have an alarm, but mine are my kids :)

One of them or one of the cats typically causes some sort of commotion 3-4 hours after I am asleep. Then I lay still and relax my body as if it was sleeping, but keeping my mind awake. I then will start to feel a buzzing sensation through my body after a bit and that is when I "roll out". My problem is that I get that far or am out very briefly and I get excited and pulled right back in, but I am getting there.

lovelearngrowdragon99p
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon/werewolf/djin
If I could be anything, I would be...: werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rindsome Greenwolf

Kitsune wrote:A friend of mine said that she achieved it by falling asleep after setting an alarm to go off in 3-5 hours. After the alarm goes off, you wake up in a sort of sleep paralysis like state. Then you just roll put of your body. I tried it and could AP pretty easily. The key is sleeping only for a few hours, mainly around 3-5, depending on the person. Hope this helps. : )
I'm going to try this!

Formerly known as lovelearnrespectdragon99p.

Lots of spirits/entities! Mostly unbound.
RosalineAshwood
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Rosaline Ashwood

This is something a friend showed me awhile back. It helped me achieve my first and second astral projections. :)
Before beginning, it is important to center yourself, and double check your shields. Malevolent entities enjoy preying on us at our most vulnerable, and when you are first learning to project, it is imperative that you keep yourself safe. If you do not feel confident, or simply want extra protection, create a circle around yourself and seal it.

Now for the process.

Picture in your mind's eye a long vertical tunnel, such as a mine shaft or a well. See it, feel the wall, smell the air. When you feel comfortable, look for a ladder, or rope, or some other way to climb yourself out of the tunnel. This will be your gateway.

Grasp hold and begin your climb, allowing your mind's eye to guide you. Keep your intent in mind, while lifting yourself out of the deep tunnel. Don't try to force it, but when you feel the need, look up towards the exit. Don't concern yourself with how far away it seems, or if you slip and fall, do not get discouraged.

Continue for as long as you feel comfortable, and as long as you are able to maintain your immersion. If it breaks, rest yourself before attempting again.

Your greatest enemy is stress.

Eventually, you will lift yourself out of your tunnel and into a vibrant world, and you should feel more than comfortable exploring. Remember at all times to allow your mind's eye to guide you, and do not attempt to force your will on the world around you. If it is not yours, it will not resonate with your will, and you are invading to force it.

It's worth mentioning that many people experience projection in a third-person perspective. This is not uncommon, nor is it uncommon to shift perspectives during your jaunts.
I really wish I knew the name of the friend that showed her this. It's a very helpful technique, and I hope it continues to help others. :)

Illania
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon

Will definitely need to try that alarm tip.

~ Revamping for neatness ~
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

RosalineAshwood wrote:This is something a friend showed me awhile back. It helped me achieve my first and second astral projections. :)
Before beginning, it is important to center yourself, and double check your shields. Malevolent entities enjoy preying on us at our most vulnerable, and when you are first learning to project, it is imperative that you keep yourself safe. If you do not feel confident, or simply want extra protection, create a circle around yourself and seal it.

Now for the process.

Picture in your mind's eye a long vertical tunnel, such as a mine shaft or a well. See it, feel the wall, smell the air. When you feel comfortable, look for a ladder, or rope, or some other way to climb yourself out of the tunnel. This will be your gateway.

Grasp hold and begin your climb, allowing your mind's eye to guide you. Keep your intent in mind, while lifting yourself out of the deep tunnel. Don't try to force it, but when you feel the need, look up towards the exit. Don't concern yourself with how far away it seems, or if you slip and fall, do not get discouraged.

Continue for as long as you feel comfortable, and as long as you are able to maintain your immersion. If it breaks, rest yourself before attempting again.

Your greatest enemy is stress.

Eventually, you will lift yourself out of your tunnel and into a vibrant world, and you should feel more than comfortable exploring. Remember at all times to allow your mind's eye to guide you, and do not attempt to force your will on the world around you. If it is not yours, it will not resonate with your will, and you are invading to force it.

It's worth mentioning that many people experience projection in a third-person perspective. This is not uncommon, nor is it uncommon to shift perspectives during your jaunts.
I really wish I knew the name of the friend that showed her this. It's a very helpful technique, and I hope it continues to help others. :)
Thanks for sharing! I tried this technique this morning and after falling asleep I found myself out of body. It is not the first obe for me, but definitely this technique must have triggered something. No visits to beautiful worlds though, just my living room :D

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”