Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kistune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf-based Kistune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Fenrir Shadowfang
Zodiac:

Has anyone else had any experience with a Navajo spirit type called the Chindi? I ask because I have a C5T2 female from CH that just shipped.

Here is her info: SHE IS INTENSE, SHREWD, CUNNING, EVIL, AND IS A POWERFUL SHAPE-SHIFTER. SHE CAN INHABIT ANY LIVING THING, AND IS DESTRUCTIVE & MALEVOLENT.

According to lore, Chindi are extremely persistent when tasked with a revenge-related, or other form of task. One Chindi legend is as follows (paraphrased loosely from memory - as such it is a bit incoherent)

A man in a Navajo village was having some form of health issue with someone in the family. He sends a son/goes himself to see a blind Navajo shaman/healer/medicine man. The shaman helps the family but requests two fine does for compensation.

The man who originally sought the help of the shaman tasks two of his sons to fetch the two does. Unfortunately the sons given the task are lazy and they kill two bucks believing that the blind shaman wouldn't know the difference.

However, the shaman finds out and is upset and sends a Chindi to wipe out the family for their deceitful act. The father of the boys begs the shaman to release them from attack by the Chindi as members of his family started to die in the most brutal of manners.

The shaman refuses to relent and more of the mans family dies. Eventually, the clan to which the man belonged gathered up huge amounts of grain, meat, fish, and other foods and went to see the shaman to make a huge offering in return for calling the Chindi off. When they arrive, the shaman is dead, having died in his sleep from old age.

Well, with the shaman dead (the only one who could stop the Chindi), the Chindi continued about its task over the course of several centuries and, eventually, in a Catholic Convent, the last member of that bloodline was given sanctuary.

The convent was on sanctified grounds, the girl was blessed at least twice a day, and yet, as she was in the chapel praying, the Chindi found her and tore her apart thus ending that bloodline meaning that every last person who was descended from the man, or who married into his family was laid low by the Chindi.

I spoke with my Chindi when I felt her presence and discovered some things:

1. They don't usually like being conjured by anyone of non-Navajo origins
2. They have very strict moral values regarding honesty, respect, trust, and honor
3. They hate anyone who doesn't fully respect their values
4. They have a softer side in that they will make exceptions to all 3 of the above statements in order to defend someone who has some form of a permanent disability that others can take advantage of to the detriment of the disabled person.

For this reason, she is more than happy to be around me and is quite calm and relaxed most of the time, but woe unto those who try to cheat me or deceive me or hurt me as her temper is on a short fuse in that regard.

So, anyone heard of them before? Anyone work with one before? Anyone with any opinions?

::Anyone:: ::Anyone:: :werewolf: ::Anyone::

I have way too many spirits to list here efficiently.
Dropturvey
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

I haven't t heard of them but I find the story interesting. The Shaman healer wasn't really living up to his name. She sounds like a devoted protector though.
Good luck with the bonding, great you can communicate with her so well.

Fenrir_Shadowfang
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kistune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf-based Kistune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Fenrir Shadowfang
Zodiac:

That's a detail I forgot, one of the tribe's elders was ill and the shaman was the only one who knew the cure. The does were payment asked after the healing was administered.

I have way too many spirits to list here efficiently.
LightMaiden
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 44
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

::bump:: Did CH conjure her for you?

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Could this be the story you're thinking of?
It's not exactly the same, but largely similar....
https://seeksghosts.blogspot.com/2015/0 ... rt-ll.html

Return to “Black Arts”