active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 13
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Over the past few months I've began to like meat less and less. It began quite suddenly, but after that I craved meat less and less, and a few weeks ago I've almost been brought to the point of throwing up after eating meats, but this either means red meats like steak or beef, or chicken. I can still eat some brown meat, and pork seems to be the exception, but I don't enjoy the taste as much as I used to.
The thing is that it began around the point that I started opening up to this world, not long after I first started posting here in fact. This is honestly the first time I have really delved into the paranormal properly, but I've been dipping my toe in for a long time, eventually getting out and effectively leaving the swimming pool altogether for some time, if you get the analogy.

What do you think could cause this reaction?

A simple change in perspective can change your life forever.
GreySkyMorning
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: can't choose!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Infernal Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Skylar Hound (Sky) / Aliavo Verona (Liav)
Zodiac:

Well... That happened to me recently. Although I'd already been planning to eat much healthier, my body repelled meat for a few days after I got a horde of fruits. It was mostly fruits and veggies for a few days. (our fridge was stocked with meat and cheese and was about 95% meat and cheese. So that was natural because my body was having a giant "FINALLY BALANCED MEALS" fiesta. :lol: My dad is in charge of the foodstamps and he has a horrible sense of 'healthy'. Blegh.) It could be your spirit(s?), perhaps. Or just plain and simple it's not what your body is craving right now. Not everything is supernatural in origin.

:werewolf:For blue, blue skies...
{If I ever sound rude, I didn't mean to! This is a preemptive apology if anything I say sounds mean!}
Spirits: My mom; Leonardo Da Vinci; 'Uno', werewolf mate; 'Deuce', kobold; 'Trip', alan; J, sterling angel; H, werewolf; F, hellhound; A, faun; K, gold djinn; 'Shu', xinshu dragon; S, psy vamp & brother; B, nympho; & a wraith & volkh!
Servitors: 2 year old son Benji; many others
ThePhoenyx
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 13
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

It's certainly not my spirits, because I thus far only have a werewolf, so it may just be a natural thing. I suppose I also wondered what others had experienced. Thanks!
EDIT: if it's a spirit, it's most definitely unbound.

A simple change in perspective can change your life forever.
Florian
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires, angels

I experienced the opposite, coming back to specializing in vampires. I have been a pescetarian for the last year, and happily avoid red meat, chicken, etc. Not more than a day after bringing sanguine vampires into my home, I had the very first red meat craving I can remember since going pescetarian. I was literally salivating for a rare steak, and it had to be rare. I had my rare steak. That was 3 days ago. I'm now nervous to even think of red meat lol, because I really don't want to go back to eating it. They pump dreadful hormones into the meat, and it is generally unhealthy for human consumption. Anyway, I've come to a compromise with my sanguine vampires - if I can get away with eating red meat once a month at the very most, I will be happy.

With you, it sounds like it is a coincidence that it started up right when you began spirit keeping/being involved in the paranormal. I would suggest listening to your body, and what you feel like eating and don't feel like eating. Just go with it and see where it takes you.

Oceansoul
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 60
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven/Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Oceana Anima
Zodiac:

Starting out on my path i did have more WA than DA, though I did have a werewolf too. I'm not too fond of much meat either, I eat mostly chicken and fish because it tastes better to me. I also have the vamps now too to think of so once in a while I cook a beef stir fry and let them feed off my brothers extreme need for lots of beef. It works in their favor! Lol I did have cravings when some of them first arrived but they've pretty much subsided for me.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

I don't think it's unusual to go through phases of like & dislike of something you eat commonly. I would follow your instincts, just make sure you are still getting an appropriate amount of protein.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
It’s my birthday
Zodiac:

Oceansoul wrote:Starting out on my path i did have more WA than DA, though I did have a werewolf too. I'm not too fond of much meat either, I eat mostly chicken and fish because it tastes better to me. I also have the vamps now too to think of so once in a while I cook a beef stir fry and let them feed off my brothers extreme need for lots of beef. It works in their favor! Lol I did have cravings when some of them first arrived but they've pretty much subsided for me.
I'm similar. The only meat i actually eat on a regular basis is chicken. I eat fish and sausages, so pork, on occasion as well. Oh, and i have corned beef relatively regularly as well. But that's about it really. I have and do have beef burgers on the odd occasion but it's extremely rare tbh.
None of my spirits have really had an effect on my diet. I do have one sanguine vampire but i haven't felt much interaction from her really and she hasn't had any effect on my diet.
Tbh i think it's an incredibly good thing that i eat less meat really and not to eat loads of it, especially beef. Not that i condemn others that do, but at the end of the day eating too much meat is a problem in society and especially where beef is concerned, more land than anything else is actually taken up my cow farms. More than houses or anything else, massive amount of trees and land has been taken away to be turned into beef pastures so i don't really think it's a good thing to support the beef industry.

I hope that didn't sound like i was going offtopic in order to push an agenda. It was more like i was just stating my thoughts and how i felt about excessive meat consumption in relation to how spirits didn't really effect my diet.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”