sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Even mainstream religions can be treated like this, though not normally in a mainstream forum or news outlet. Case in point, some of my FB friends are atheists. I don't hound them about it because I'm a "live and let live" kind of person. (Plus, I figure that if my own behavior doesn't show that my faith makes a positive difference in my life, all the words in the world certainly won't prove anything to anybody. So I try to Do The Right Thing without acting like I'm waving my halo around for all to see, if you know what I mean. But I digress.)

Anyway. My point is that sometimes, said atheist friends, post things that aren't merely atheist, but ANTI-theist. That kind of annoys me, TBH, but I let it slide and don't comment on it. I don't post stuff that implies that TEH GODLESS HEATHENS R GOIN TO HELL!!!!11!!1!, so I don't appreciate seeing things that imply that believers are fools and idiots.

And sometimes, the anti-faith stuff comes out of nowhere. For example, on a hockey forum where I post, one particular member is a pastor of a church. Out of the clear blue sky, someone posted a thread with the reverend's name in it. The post in question was, "Tell me why I should believe in an invisible sky wizard". It was a completely unprovoked insult to the beliefs (and life's work) of someone who was just minding his own business and posting about hockey.

Now, we won't see this kind of behavior out of the mainstream outlets, because they know where their bread is buttered. They don't want boycotts of their advertisers, and they don't want their advertisers to drop them like hot potatoes. So they won't smear the mainstream religions anytime soon. But the lesser-known belief systems? Those will be fair game. Especially since lots of mainstream-religion believers think so little of said lesser-known beliefs.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Anything that goes against the so called norm of things, is always looked at as if it was something to be avoided at all cost, because heavens no, we can't have something that is different from the so called normal things!!!! By the way what is normal anyway? 1tk

I, for one, have never been what is considered normal and I personally don't care what others think, I am who I am, and others can be who they are!!!! However I don't condone others treating others badly, just because of race, life style, and religion!!!!

People forget that religion does deal in things that cannot not be seen with the naked eye, so why treat others badly, just because their beliefs are different, we have recently seen what happens when people go to the extreme in their own beliefs!!!

To ban others for practicing their craft, and saying they need tangible things to sell, okay, they do that, then how long before they ban them again for something else, because people do not believe the same way we do!!!!! Look at the past history of how people treated others for being and or believing differently!!!!

There is so much hatred in the world already over religion, race, lifestyle, and the like, people are dying because of it!!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

As far as the whole not caring what others think vs the not judging the metaphysical community goes, neither side is actually wrong in any way and both have good points.

But let me point out that this entire site was made with the intention of getting this community and things which are incredibly niche and on the fringe of the fringe...more mainstream to put it bluntly.
It's about giving people the option to choose what they want to believe. To a certain degree we have to aknowledge that everyone is unique in their own right and everyone has to choose for themselves what they want to believe.
When you think of this, it's completely understandable as to why magnolia would want to prevent a false portrayal of the metaphysical community. It's not about characterising us as "normal". It's about giving more people the choice to decide for themselves where spirituality and metaphysics can exist in their lives.
I hope that makes sense. I tried my best to explain it.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Oh, but that part that Noc said about the news is spot on though.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Heaven forbid some people open their minds to an alternate way of looking at things. They might accidentally learn something.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Shadows_ and_Omens
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: kelpie
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My magical/paranormal name...: Adrien Rook

From what I've been haring, Etsy has been going downhill for a while now with various policy changes that are causing problems for people who use the site.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I'd soon make more money on psychic spell services over the phone then I would at Etsy. Plus their billing practices are questionable. I opened one a while back, but then took down all my listings and was still charged as if those listings were up every month. There is something shady and illegal about it. I'm sure you'll get a class action lawsuit sooner or later.

I read the MTV one and went on to the continuing link about the lady who tried a spell from etsy for better sex with her husband. She's not totally saying it's a scam, but not totally supporting it either as I am sure she is judged by her peers.

I wish though commenters would stop bringing up Jesus Christ every time someone mentions witchcraft. Like a god damn broken record...so cliche...

"Man is what he sees in other people."

Return to “Magnolia”