Pope Francis' statement on the souls of animals didn't...

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Head of D.E.L.T.A. Rescue calls on animal lovers to share their own stories about this essential idea
Pope Francis' statement on the souls of animals didn't go far enough, says legendary animal activist

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 29, 2015 -- Pope Francis' comment that "all creatures....will be vested with the joy and love of God, without limits" is being interpreted throughout the world as a papal endorsement that animals have souls. Francis also quoted Pope Paul VI saying that "Paradise is open to all creatures." Leo Grillo, the head of D.E.L.T.A. Rescue, was pleased by this news but felt the statement should have been much stronger.

"The fact that animals have souls has never been in doubt, as millions of pet parents realize. The fact that the Pope has finally admitted the obvious can allow even the most devout Catholics to finally accept this simple and powerful truth," said Grillo in a statement released today. "He should have gone even further and stated that animals can have an afterlife just as much as human beings can. We are now compiling stories from people throughout the world who know this to be true for inclusion in the upcoming book, 'Rainbow Bridge is Real!'"

Grillo's organization, D.E.L.T.A. Rescue, is the world's largest no-kill, care-for-life animal sanctuary, and currently houses some 1500 dogs, cats, and horses that had been abandoned in the wilderness. Since 1979, it has been considered among the most important animal welfare organizations in the world. Grillo is currently available for interview opportunities to discuss the Pope's statement and how others can get involved.

People who have lost pets and know that their beloved animals are waiting to be reunited with them some day, and have evidence that this is true, are encouraged to send their stories to the contact section of the Delta Rescue website (www.deltarescue.org), or write to DR, PO Box 9, Glendale, CA 91209. Every entry will be personally acknowledged, and the people whose stories are chosen for inclusion will receive their own chapter in the book.

SOURCE D.E.L.T.A. Rescue
Web Site: http://www.deltarescue.org

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

I like this Pope.

darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

As do I

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:Head of D.E.L.T.A. Rescue calls on animal lovers to share their own stories about this essential idea
Pope Francis' statement on the souls of animals didn't go far enough, says legendary animal activist

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 29, 2015 -- Pope Francis' comment that "all creatures....will be vested with the joy and love of God, without limits" is being interpreted throughout the world as a papal endorsement that animals have souls. Francis also quoted Pope Paul VI saying that "Paradise is open to all creatures." Leo Grillo, the head of D.E.L.T.A. Rescue, was pleased by this news but felt the statement should have been much stronger.

"The fact that animals have souls has never been in doubt, as millions of pet parents realize. The fact that the Pope has finally admitted the obvious can allow even the most devout Catholics to finally accept this simple and powerful truth," said Grillo in a statement released today. "He should have gone even further and stated that animals can have an afterlife just as much as human beings can. We are now compiling stories from people throughout the world who know this to be true for inclusion in the upcoming book, 'Rainbow Bridge is Real!'"

Grillo's organization, D.E.L.T.A. Rescue, is the world's largest no-kill, care-for-life animal sanctuary, and currently houses some 1500 dogs, cats, and horses that had been abandoned in the wilderness. Since 1979, it has been considered among the most important animal welfare organizations in the world. Grillo is currently available for interview opportunities to discuss the Pope's statement and how others can get involved.

People who have lost pets and know that their beloved animals are waiting to be reunited with them some day, and have evidence that this is true, are encouraged to send their stories to the contact section of the Delta Rescue website (http://www.deltarescue.org), or write to DR, PO Box 9, Glendale, CA 91209. Every entry will be personally acknowledged, and the people whose stories are chosen for inclusion will receive their own chapter in the book.

SOURCE D.E.L.T.A. Rescue
Web Site: http://www.deltarescue.org
Heck, just the fact that he said it at all is a huge breakthrough, in my book.

Although it goes without saying that anyone who has truly loved an animal, and also believes that there is such a thing as a spirit or a soul that survives bodily death, can't imagine why creatures who are capable of such unconditional love would be denied an afterlife. Having some prominent believers giving voice to that belief is huge.

I love this Pope. I hope he has a long and healthy life. He is a breath of fresh air. It's obvious that he takes the teachings of Jesus *very* seriously.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Jovana
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that animals have souls, and I am personally of the opinion that plants and trees have souls too! I love Pope Francis, he is doing a marvelous job!

Namaste,
Jovana

<3 5 courtwind angels, 1 psy vampire, 1 senmurv <3
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

At Last, a pope with a grain of common sense. I know animals have afterlives. I have several that come visit me when I am stressed. NO ONE can convince me that they won't meet me at the pearly gates.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

I not only believe that animals have souls that survive bodily death, but I am utterly convinced that my furbabies at the Rainbow Bridge have directed me straight to their successors when the time came. They know that I wish to honor their memory by giving a loving home to other pets, and they've come through for me every time.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I too think this pope is a kind and wise soul.
He chose to live in a simple apartment rather then the grand papal apartments.

John Paul 1 was also a true Christian......murdered for instigating the Vatican bank enquiry.
The book "In God's Name" is an enlightening read.

I used to know things
AimeesGhost
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Garden Fae
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I'm so glad I read this thread! When I was in the 8th grade and attending Confirmation classes, my beloved cat was murdered. Seriously - MURDERED! The neighbor kid tied her to the mailbox post and shot her 3 times with his shot gun. She died alone and in pain. I was devastated. At the next class after her death I was in tears when I asked the Pastor if she would go to heaven and he looked at me and said sternly that animals do not have souls and no animals are in heaven and basically that had I been paying better attention in class I would have known that. Again I was devastated.

Perhaps their souls are not the same as ours, but they have something and I'm glad to know that my cat is in heaven waiting for me.

WarlockDesolate
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eldrazi
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kuya Pilo

That is so sad and painful. I'm sorry about your cat. I was once in a Confirmation Retreat and I saw a caterpillar dying because his/her body was torn apart. I sacrificed my customized dream catcher feather to let it sleep. But it doesn't end there yet, I slept and found my caterpillar in a strange place and he/she thanked me cuz I cared for him/her. I got an answer for you, "all animals DO have a soul." I just notice that seeing that strange place was heaven and I know, you WILL see your cat once again. [emoji56] Also, I do like Pope Francis, it was good for him to go and see my Philippine country.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

My family:

Nympho, Goddess Nympho (Entity), Ki-Lin, Pegasus, Gryphon, Faery Of Light, Faery Of Intelligence, Avala Faery, Blue Dragon, Chinese Guardian Dragon, Gold Dragon, Gargoyle, Sanguine Vampire, Cambion, and Swan Maiden, Zombie, 2× Incubus, 7× Alpha Servitors (entity), Micro Servitor (entity), Nightwalker Wolf, Faun, Kentauride, Spider Shifter Princess (entity), Celtic Warrior, Cecaelia, Werehorse, Black Dragon, and Alpha Lord (entity).

Return to “Magnolia”