Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

SHARE, REPOST, REPUBLISH, SPREAD THE RESPECT

An open letter to all non-believers, the media, the corporate companies, and all those who fall in-between:

In the wake of the Etsy ban there has been a plethora of information circulated regarding the ousted metaphysical sellers on eBay in 2012, Etsy in 2015, and the proposed future regulations on similar sites.

I can appreciate the fact the metaphysical community is on the outskirts of mainstream belief systems and religions, but it should not be any more derided or mocked than any other lifestyle choice. In the 21st century where the mainstream media encourages tolerance, acceptance, and not offending the rights & freedoms of others, I would expect less sarcastic articles than what is produced. I can understand looking from the outside-in it can be a difficult path to understand or appreciate, but it is nonetheless a popular lifestyle choice and subculture to the mainstream.

I grant the fact there are many claims of “fraud” when someone wants something absolutely fantastic and it doesn’t happen, or when there are outright charlatans. However, a bad apple in a profession is not something unique to the metaphysical. There are charlatans when it comes to the world of finance, automobiles, charity, and all forms of retail. There are few businesses operating these days that do not have bad feedback circulating the internet; the complaint sites are bubbling over with complaints against companies for all reasons under the sun.

The metaphysical community is not a haven of crazy, basement-lurkers, we have members from all ages, all over the world, from all walks of life. We have as many soccer moms as we do lawyers and doctors. We have authors, entertainment industry writers and producers, publishers, as well as college students, stay-at-home parents, etc. This isn’t the Shakespearean or Tolkien community of warty witches and bearded warlocks. This is a community of real, hardworking people who have chosen this lifestyle.

I would expect and request the media show our community as much respect and tolerance as has been shown all other lifestyle and religious/spiritual choices. It may not be a big deal to you because you do not subscribe to this belief system, but it is a big deal to all of us within the community who feel our lifestyle choice is being belittled and mocked publicly. This is supposed to be the era of tolerance and acceptance of people different than ourselves, and that is all we want too.

- The Metaphysical Community

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

As will I

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Me too.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Cool, nicely written.

Dropturvey
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3

Nicely put Magnolia, hopefully some more balanced articles may emerge as a result.

darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

BAlanced articles would be great, but, it will take a while for them to listen, to stop with the ridicule. And as we can recognition, there will be groups that will fight that tooth and nail. It will be a long, but worthwhile, fight, up a steep hill.
When the day comes though,it will be worth all the effort.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Magemoss
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: n/a
If I could be anything, I would be...: I'm good
My magical/paranormal name...: n/a

Has Etsy or Ebay posted any kind of explanation on this situation? I'm not entirely sure what's going on.

GreySkyMorning
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: can't choose!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Infernal Werewolf
My magical/paranormal name...: Skylar Hound (Sky) / Aliavo Verona (Liav)
Zodiac:

I added this as a personal note at the end when I posted it on facebook:

"This is not the Salem Witch trials. Anyway, we all know plenty of those accusations and deaths were wrongful and plenty of them were perfectly innocent. Let's be the bigger, less dangerously superstitious, more advanced and accepting people, shall we?"

:werewolf:For blue, blue skies...
{If I ever sound rude, I didn't mean to! This is a preemptive apology if anything I say sounds mean!}
Spirits: My mom; Leonardo Da Vinci; 'Uno', werewolf mate; 'Deuce', kobold; 'Trip', alan; J, sterling angel; H, werewolf; F, hellhound; A, faun; K, gold djinn; 'Shu', xinshu dragon; S, psy vamp & brother; B, nympho; & a wraith & volkh!
Servitors: 2 year old son Benji; many others
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

GreySkyMorning wrote:I added this as a personal note at the end when I posted it on facebook:

"This is not the Salem Witch trials. Anyway, we all know plenty of those accusations and deaths were wrongful and plenty of them were perfectly innocent. Let's be the bigger, less dangerously superstitious, more advanced and accepting people, shall we?"
Not to put a downer on what you say, but I've never heard of a perfectly innocent burning at the stake.....
That's not to take away the intent or spirit of your argument, i'm just pointing that out. :thumbup:

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Florian
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires, angels

WhimsicalSage wrote:
GreySkyMorning wrote:I added this as a personal note at the end when I posted it on facebook:

Not to put a downer on what you say, but I've never heard of a perfectly innocent burning at the stake.....
That's not to take away the intent or spirit of your argument, i'm just pointing that out. :thumbup:
I think she means the people who were prosecuted, were innocent.

Return to “Messages & Updates”