Can spirits 'leave' their owners?

meowyinn
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

This has been bugging me for a long while. I started Spirit keeping last year and well, needless to say, life has been SUPER hectic.

Anyways, I have a several spirits from CH and none are very active anymore. My question is this: can a spirit, once bound, break the binding and abandon their keepers?

I'm terrified this may have occurred. Help ;_;

Spiders and cats will live in my shoe, sooner then I shall live with you
Fish will come walking out of the sea, sooner then you will walk back to me
bliss4ever
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them :)
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Hi meowyinn :wave:

What keepers usually find, is when they invite a new spirit into their lives, they start off really active and as time goes on, they seem to get less active. I'm sure they are still there and that you've just gotten used to their energy. Just watch out for the subtle signs they might be giving you - random songs and thoughts popping in your head etc.

I'm pretty sure they can't leave their keepers per say but maybe someone else here more experienced will let you know. I know a lot of sellers do the bindings so that once you pass away, your spirits aren't tied to their vessels anymore.

Zin
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Duojna, Black Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: too many options! :o
Zodiac:

No, in my understanding, bindings can't be broken by spirits once they are made. Like Bliss said, CH, at least, binds in a manner so that once you pass on, yes, the bindings will be undone.

It may be an adjustment to their energy, as well, or if you have set some tasks for them, they may be attending to those. It's also possible they may be popping off to tend to a few other things here and there, so every individual may not be around constantly.

In any case, they chose to come to you for a reason, so they'll be more than aware of what's going on in your life right now-if things are driving you batty, it may also be limiting your ability to feel what's around you a little. (energetics and all of that, etc etc etc, but I think this can vary from individual to individual, so may not be what's up in your case.)

Best bet in my books, to see if you someone is around, is to chill out, and invite them to interact-touches,etc. Eheh. Only problem with that is when you're wondering just precisely who it is sitting on your feet. :)

I walk a path I cannot see, but it's the one that's meant for me. <3
There are Powerlines in our Bloodlines
Proud to have many Giants in my Bloodline.
Seeker of Knowledge.
Gloss_Reality
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I agree with the above posters, but i have one more point to make
that is that spirits can, if you dont need them to hand, can travel to other planes, so they are not tied to their vessels waiting solely for you :)

please check out my spirit drawings, here on this forum :) http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=27252&start=320
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

from CreepyHollows:
creepyhollows wrote:Spirits can leave you whenever they want forever or temporarily

If you have a spirit that has been bound then no, they can't leave the binding forever. Spirits do move between the different realms (which realms depends on the type of spirit) which may account for their temporary absence sometimes. A spirit cannot, however, decide to remove themselves from you indefinitely. If someone tells you this I would strongly question their motives for telling you that. Are they trying to sell you a product or service to bring the spirit back? Are they offering to be a medium between you & the spirit and convince them to come back? Or any other such nonsense? I cannot say it enough that spirits are not emotional beings that are going to have a hissy fit and stomp away... rather, they are evolved beings that are fully capable of making sound decisions based on the fact they can see beyond what we mortals can and in coming to you in the first place they had a reason for being with you! A bound spirit has the freedom to move between this realm & their own but they can't unbind themselves from a vessel.
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 75&t=10663

also it may be that the reason you don't "feel" them like you did in the beginning (and sorry if someone has already mentioned this :grouphug: ) is because you may have adjusted to their energy.

hope that helps answer your question. :hug:

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Dark has replied with the appropriate answer, and I think in your case it isn't the spirits are more or less active as it is that you are less active & may need to reform the bonds from last year before proceeding with a more involved relationship. If you've stepped away from the paranormal energies & influences for awhile then you likely need to acclimate yourself again to the unique energies they bring. Don't worry, I'm sure you can make a reconnect quickly if you put your mind to it :thumbup:

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
meme36450
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: myself

I am bumping this post as I have a friend that was asking about this and said she could not find anything. Here you go luv just about any info on here just a little 1rd involved.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”