What are your experiences of Cherubim Angels?

Resources and links to information on angels.
Sophia
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: WA and DA
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A
Zodiac:

I've been searching the forum, but it seems I can't find a lot of info on them. I've mainly worked with Archangels and Angels, but never Cherubim. I really appreciate you guys sharing with me. I guess I'll have to dig a little deeper to see what I can find.

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

AngelicPride wrote:Cherubim aren't friendly, I've found. Actually, a lot of angels are not friendly, and they tend to never be around, so don't expect any manifestations! They mostly stay up in Heaven working with God, and only come down for tasking. They don't get along with most entities, because they are not holy/of God. So, I find that if you're going to think about having angels, you basically have to be exclusive and a worshiper of Yahweh. Not much to get around that, considering the theology behind them! They're warriors and messengers of God first.
Ok, i don't mean to pick on your posts but i feel it's good to speak up here.
Your view seems to come from a very christian point of view which humanises "god". It makes your god sound like the "jealous god" archetype. Maybe i can come back to this another time but i would bet this jealous, smiting, antisocial view of angels is simply not the experiences of any who keep wa angels.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

<<Removed by Mod>> wrote: There are a lot more angels than just in Christian lore. Enochian magick has a very deep root in working with angelic powers, and I communicate with them regularly. Yes, just like every other being there are some angels out there that aren't friendly. But there are also a lot of angels that are. They are creatures that have feelings and lives just like you and I. Let's not go around declaring what is truth and what isn't, please.
I would like to mention there was a group of religious leaders that decided what should and should not be in the Bible. Enochian magic was among the not included as well as the Jewish kabbaalic teachings. I know my info is lacking, but it's at least mostly correct.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
AngelicPride
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

WhimsicalSage wrote:
AngelicPride wrote:Cherubim aren't friendly, I've found. Actually, a lot of angels are not friendly, and they tend to never be around, so don't expect any manifestations! They mostly stay up in Heaven working with God, and only come down for tasking. They don't get along with most entities, because they are not holy/of God. So, I find that if you're going to think about having angels, you basically have to be exclusive and a worshiper of Yahweh. Not much to get around that, considering the theology behind them! They're warriors and messengers of God first.
Your view seems to come from a very christian point of view which humanises "god". It makes your god sound like the "jealous god" archetype. Maybe i can come back to this another time but i would bet this jealous, smiting, antisocial view of angels is simply not the experiences of any who keep wa angels.
No problem. I'm not trying to view the God that way; I'm going based off of canon and non-canon scripture, and how he has acted in similar situations. The term and theology behind angels is Abrahamic in nature, and is mostly followed by the Christian path. I'm not sure of the Jewish stand-point on the topic, and Muslims do not seem to work much with their concept of angels... And so I am going based off of what I know best. According to the Book of Watchers, Relationships/sex/procreation with humans is considered to be taboo to the angels, and immediately after the creation of the Nephilim, the Watchers are stripped of their grace and become fallen angels, and then after a bit of negotiating, they are still sent to the Abyss as punishment. So, based on that story, it can be logically deduced that God wouldn't want angels spending too much time around a single person, lest there be a repeated incident. Angels also have a ton of work to do that has nothing to do with humans; they need to take care of their own realms, worship God (The Seraphim both in canon and non-canon are in constant prayer and worship of Yahweh, singing to His Grace) or dealing with the demons/fallen/evil. They are busy creatures bound by the laws God created.

AngelicPride
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

<<Removed by Mod>> wrote:
AngelicPride wrote:
WhimsicalSage wrote:
No problem. I'm not trying to view the God that way; I'm going based off of canon and non-canon scripture, and how he has acted in similar situations. The term and theology behind angels is Abrahamic in nature, and is mostly followed by the Christian path. I'm not sure of the Jewish stand-point on the topic, and Muslims do not seem to work much with their concept of angels... And so I am going based off of what I know best. According to the Book of Watchers, Relationships/sex/procreation with humans is considered to be taboo to the angels, and immediately after the creation of the Nephilim, the Watchers are stripped of their grace and become fallen angels, and then after a bit of negotiating, they are still sent to the Abyss as punishment. So, based on that story, it can be logically deduced that God wouldn't want angels spending too much time around a single person, lest there be a repeated incident. Angels also have a ton of work to do that has nothing to do with humans; they need to take care of their own realms, worship God (The Seraphim both in canon and non-canon are in constant prayer and worship of Yahweh, singing to His Grace) or dealing with the demons/fallen/evil. They are busy creatures bound by the laws God created.
I would like to also point out that in the Book of Enoch God seemed just as angry for the Watchers disclosing his sacred secrets to humans (such as systems of magic, astrology, geomancy, even wearing makeup) because they did it without his permission. Yes, the fact that they procreated with humans upset him, but even Archangels Michael and Raphael seemed alarmed when God made the decision to cast the Grigori from his sights forever because of their supposed crimes. In my eyes you have to work with them first before you decide for yourself what they are like, and work with them in different ways. You can pray to them the Christian way, you can scry with them the Enochian way, you can call on them in sacred circle in Wicca and various forms of Hermeticism... That's why I left my Christian faith and went my own path down angel magick. Yes, I do believe some angels are under a certain code that they must follow, perhaps chosen by Yahweh. But there are many other types of angels out there that have their own duties with humans, such as in Kabbalism.

Angels do manifest, and in lots of different ways. I'm not the only one who would swear my life on it, I'm sure. I don't worship Yahweh, and yet I have close communications with Archangels Metatron and Michael, as well as an angelic guardian who speaks to me on a regular basis through meditation. Written text is just that--written text. It's very difficult to base an entire belief system about one being on just a book or two without having personal experiences with such to back up the debate.
I'm done with this discussion, since it's obvious you won't bother to look up what I'm talking about. I would like to point out the irony of you saying that the Books of Enoch is not reliable as a structure for angelology, but you are working with an Archangel who is only ever mentioned within those books (Metatron, who was originally the human prophet Enoch, and then turned into the Archangel Metatron, whose name in Hebrew means 'Little Yahweh'). Yes, angels can be called on in different religions... But does that make it good? Angels I would like to think, only answer the call because they are obligated to as helpers of humanity, not because they agree with what we do.

Hermeticism, Enochian, and Kabbalism all stem from Christianity during different periods of its growth. They are similar to Catholicism or Protestantism in that they are branches of Christianity, with a slightly different style of worship and ideas... But the basic theology is still there. Kabbalic, Enochian, and Hermetic angels still follow the codes of Yahweh, considering those branches are still Christian. Wicca is a new religion and unreliable as a source, considering Gerald Gardner borrowed a lot of ideas from Mysticism and Celtic lore without much research. So... Not a good example.

I do work with angels and Archangels, and I have worked with them for a long time. I am currently working towards my Bachelor of Theology (Third year this Autumn) if you need to know my credentials for what I am talking about.

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

AngelicPride wrote: I'm done with this discussion, since it's obvious you won't bother to look up what I'm talking about. I would like to point out the irony of you saying that the Books of Enoch is not reliable as a structure for angelology, but you are working with an Archangel who is only ever mentioned within those books (Metatron, who was originally the human prophet Enoch, and then turned into the Archangel Metatron, whose name in Hebrew means 'Little Yahweh'). [color=b00023](Little mighty one no text associated with the early old testament even in the original Hebrew names god outright) [/color] Yes, angels can be called on in different religions... But does that make it good? Angels I would like to think, only answer the call because they are obligated to as helpers of humanity, not because they agree with what we do.

Hermeticism, Enochian, and Kabbalism all stem from Christianity during different periods of its growth. [color=b00023](Judaism which is the predecessor of Hebrew religion is where all these have there basis. And kabbaal was Adapted by Moses from Egyptian mysticism) [/color] They are similar to Catholicism or Protestantism in that they are branches of Christianity, with a slightly different style of worship and ideas... But the basic theology is still there. Kabbalic, Enochian, and Hermetic angels still follow the codes of Yahweh, considering those branches are still Christian. [color=b00023]Christianity is not the basis of most dealings with angels, a lot was absorbed from other religions with a strong foundation of Judaism, the teachings of Christ and his followers, and Roman paganism. As the religion began to spread it absorbed different things from various religions to ease the conversion for the locals. [/color] Wicca is a new religion and unreliable as a source, considering Gerald Gardner borrowed a lot of ideas from Mysticism and Celtic lore without much research. So... Not a good example.[color=b00023]Gardner put a lot of research into his work, it's the modern adaptations that are based off of Gardninean wicca that are lacking in research. By comparison at least. [/color]

I do work with angels and Archangels, and I have worked with them for a long time. I am currently working towards my Bachelor of Theology (Third year this Autumn) if you need to know my credentials for what I am talking about.
[color=b00023]your last statement tells me that you are at a Christian University, don't know many outside of those who teach theology. Which explains the incorrect statement that kabbaal and hermeticism come from Christianity in its early stages which they do not. [/color]

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Sesshoumaru
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 20
If I could be anything, I would be...: shinigami/deathdealr
My magical/paranormal name...: Sesshoumaru-sama
Zodiac:

fire083 wrote:[color="b00023"]your last statement tells me that you are at a Christian University, don't know many outside of those who teach theology. Which explains the incorrect statement that kabbaal and hermeticism come from Christianity in its early stages which they do not. [/color]
I wholeheartedly agree w/fire083...

To this day, I can only SMH... =\ 2qt

--Lucky
"The emotions of those who are thought to be beautiful are always full of sorrow." --Treize Khushrenada
"A sheep that tastes blood becomes a wolf...and cannot return to the flock." --Kudou Yohji (WK OVA)
Satan's Hellcat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, DA entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Multi-dimensional.
My magical/paranormal name...: Satan's Hellcat
Zodiac:

Hmmm. Interesting. Angelic spirits occur in a NUMBER of different religions. Although I am NOT Christian, I do believe in angels as a type of spiritual helper. Very interesting discussion! Everyone has their own particular viewpoint, but to me having knowledge based on a particular lore or book does not make the information either more or less valid. Not all books have been written exclusively by the wise! I think I would ask my angels what THEY think....I have met Metatron, as well as Michael. Not many know, but Archangel Michael has an AMAZING singing voice which he can use to heal. He once 'borrowed' my body, with permission and proceeded to sing and heal folks. He was not bothered at all by the fact that I was and AM a Witch. Michael is a sweety! 1ht

MANY spirits of all types, entities, and some servitors. Massive amount of spells.
Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I might suggest seeing if Koi is still on staff at ecauldron
She is a theologian and (last I heard) working on her PhD. in Catholic Liturgy, so she should be able to give you a good perspective from a blended-faith POV

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
Zodiac:

Cherubim are amazing! My Cherub 'S' is such a sweetheart. I really love his light and healing energy. He was one of my first spirits! 'S' and the others (my Courtwind 'R' and Sterling 'C') mark the start of my journey. He still wants to strengthen my spirituality and make sure that I learn more about anything mystic.

Return to “Angel Information”