Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 6
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Apologies if these have been asked before. Unless i've overlooked a few times, did not see any posts or in the encyclopedia (knowing me i overlooked it lol). Lately I've been working on developing my psychic abilities. I can sense energy to an extent, although, I'm not the best at it yet... I also have been working on opening my third eye. Which that will definitely take some time. Anyway, onto my question, I know these abilities can definitely help when it comes to spirit keeping, but as someone who is just starting off, are these abilities required to start? I've also been working on meditation. Still getting the hang of it though. Been having a bit of issues keeping my mind clear while doing so. i'm getting a little bit better each time though. Also, i've noticed a lot of things around home which i cant explain. I feel as if it may be a spirit or entity trying to get my attention or something. I notice sometimes out of the corner of my eye, maybe this tiny flash of light, or a shadow streaking by. A few nights ago i was upstairs in my bedroom, and I heard a door close not slam, but the sound was loud enough for me to hear it. I knew the basement door was open, and no one else home other than me and our dog and he was napping in the living room lol (and he cant close doors either). Also today at work, i was getting kind of sleepy. Next thing i know, i heard "hey Cam" either it seemed to be a whisper or a voice in my head. I wasn't really sure. It was a man's voice and it didnt seem like one i was familiar with. After this, I was no longer tired for quite a few hours later into my shift. But no one else around me was talking nor was anyone talking directly to me. Could these experiences possibly be a spirit or entity trying to communicate? I was also looking in the encyclopedia at spirits for protection. I have read a lot on Sanguine Vamps, and i am pretty sure its because i am drawn to them. I know my first spirit will be a custom conjure for a sanguine vamp. However, their ranking is Gray, and a few of other guardians are White. I am curious to know if they will get along given their rankings are different? Sorry for the long post. These questions have been lingering in my head for a couple of days. 1sy

Spirits in the keep:

1 Sanguine Vampire (Male)
1 Unbound (F)

Spirits on their way:

None

Living entities in the keep:

1 Mermaid
2 Succubi

Living entities on their way:

None

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Hello Cam:)

I have no experience in spirit communication, but I'd like to offer some opinions:) I see three questions in your post:

Q1. "I know these abilities can definitely help when it comes to spirit keeping, but as someone who is just starting off, are these abilities required to start?"

Umm, based on several threads in this forum, I see many people that couldn't communicate with their spirits when they first started spirit-keeping, so maybe it's okay. From several advices by those who already can in those threads, I think what is needed for the keeper is patience, persistence, responsibility, and respect for the spirits/entities.

Back in Indonesia, there are also families who kept spirits/entities from their ancestors without communicating with them. They are kept in a vessel in the form of sacred object like statues or sacred weapon like keris or other blades. From the stories that I've heard from my friend, whose family also keeps a some sacred weapons, once a week or once a month they give offering to the spirits/entities in the form of incense, cigarette, coffee, etc. The spirits/entities sometimes communicate through dreams or with the help of dukun (shamans). The family member responsible in taking care of the weapons is also chosen through the same means, and this chosen one not necessary must be able to communicate directly with the spirits/entities.

Maybe other more experienced keepers can give better answer, or you may also look for some info in many threads here:)

---------
Q2. "Could these experiences possibly be a spirit or entity trying to communicate?"

That's a very interesting experience. I'm not familiar with spirit telepathy, so can only say, maybe? But there are several keepers here who usually communicate telepathically with their spirits, maybe you can find their posts:)

---------
Q3. "I am curious to know if they will get along given their rankings are different?"

Similarly after reading several threads before, WA and DA spirits from CH usually don't have problem by being kept together. Although, I've something called "house rules" many times for the DA ones that may help the situation. And I also saw several spelled items in the CH shop that may maintain peaceful relationship for WA-DA spirits, in case you're still worried:)

http://shop.creepyhollows.com/product.p ... 284&page=1

(I hope it's alright that I post these links:l If it's not, please forgive me, moderator)
I also am planning to ask for some of these items when I can seriously focus on the spirit-keeping:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
MrBeefy83
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 62
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Cbabe101 wrote:Apologies if these have been asked before. Unless i've overlooked a few times, did not see any posts or in the encyclopedia (knowing me i overlooked it lol). Lately I've been working on developing my psychic abilities. I can sense energy to an extent, although, I'm not the best at it yet... I also have been working on opening my third eye. Which that will definitely take some time. Anyway, onto my question, I know these abilities can definitely help when it comes to spirit keeping, but as someone who is just starting off, are these abilities required to start? I've also been working on meditation. Still getting the hang of it though. Been having a bit of issues keeping my mind clear while doing so. i'm getting a little bit better each time though. Also, i've noticed a lot of things around home which i cant explain. I feel as if it may be a spirit or entity trying to get my attention or something. I notice sometimes out of the corner of my eye, maybe this tiny flash of light, or a shadow streaking by. A few nights ago i was upstairs in my bedroom, and I heard a door close not slam, but the sound was loud enough for me to hear it. I knew the basement door was open, and no one else home other than me and our dog and he was napping in the living room lol (and he cant close doors either). Also today at work, i was getting kind of sleepy. Next thing i know, i heard "hey Cam" either it seemed to be a whisper or a voice in my head. I wasn't really sure. It was a man's voice and it didnt seem like one i was familiar with. After this, I was no longer tired for quite a few hours later into my shift. But no one else around me was talking nor was anyone talking directly to me. Could these experiences possibly be a spirit or entity trying to communicate? I was also looking in the encyclopedia at spirits for protection. I have read a lot on Sanguine Vamps, and i am pretty sure its because i am drawn to them. I know my first spirit will be a custom conjure for a sanguine vamp. However, their ranking is Gray, and a few of other guardians are White. I am curious to know if they will get along given their rankings are different? Sorry for the long post. These questions have been lingering in my head for a couple of days. 1sy
Seems like you're already somewhat sensitive to spirits. No you don't need any powers starting out as you'll develop them over time. The whispers & shadows in the corner of your eyes are very likely spirits. It looks like you may already have a few unbounds around you. I'd highly recommend starting out with protection spirits in your keep to keep you safe from anything negative that may get attracted to you. Some good protection spirits for newbies, in my opinion, Volkh, Courtwind Angel, Chinese Guardian Dragon

Cbabe101
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 6
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Raggz2 wrote:Seems like you're already somewhat sensitive to spirits. No you don't need any powers starting out as you'll develop them over time. The whispers & shadows in the corner of your eyes are very likely spirits. It looks like you may already have a few unbounds around you. I'd highly recommend starting out with protection spirits in your keep to keep you safe from anything negative that may get attracted to you. Some good protection spirits for newbies, in my opinion, Volkh, Courtwind Angel, Chinese Guardian Dragon
Thank you both for your answers. Raggz may be right about having a few unbounds around me. Not sure though. A couple nights ago i woke up in the middle of the night with the last image from whatever dream i had being a pair of fangs. I also had the name "rabisu" stuck in my head. It seemed familiar. So i looked it up and reread it in the encyclopedia. Then remembered how dangerous it is. I had already been looking at protection spirits. I was looking a Volkh, or Chinese Guardian Dragon. Perhaps both. Can never have too much protection right?

Spirits in the keep:

1 Sanguine Vampire (Male)
1 Unbound (F)

Spirits on their way:

None

Living entities in the keep:

1 Mermaid
2 Succubi

Living entities on their way:

None

FaerieWhispers
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Whispering Wind
Zodiac:

Any protective spirits will be working towards the same goal, so there shouldn't be any conflicts unless a specific spirit comes with a warning. As a rule I keep my spirits separate. White Art spirits together Dark Arts together. And Grey on their own.

As to protectors I highly recommend Gargoyles. They are seriously overlooked and great companions.

Sounds like you are off to a great start with communication. Keep an open mind and acknowledge the little things, and remember respect is key to a good relationship with your spirits.

SAGE GOLDEN WILLOW

When the doors of perception are cleansed everything is revealed to man as it is – infinite!” William Blake

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”