Paranormal Collecting - Finding Treasures on Your Own

Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods and creatures.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human's fine for now
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a mystery! ;)
Zodiac:

Awesome article and thread! :thumbup:

One item I'd like to add that tends to have a gorgeous energy patina, (as well as still being downright useful if you give it adequate respect and tlc) are old hand tools. Look for something well worn, but beautifully maintained. (It's possible to also find a rusty 'rescue' piece, or a well-worn modern piece.) For a beginner, if it has a wooden handle which the varnish or paint are worn down (not really chipped, simply worn on the high spots) and the wood itself is polished where the hand would have held it, that's a good sign. For more modern tools, looking at the amount of polish the metal or plastic impact or wearing surfaces have acquired, can be a similar indicator.

Be it old or new, if the non-impact non-wear surfaces have been bashed around more than honest accident or wear could explain, the tool has been handled carelessly or downright abused. If that's the case, it's best avoided, unless you feel a strong pull and/or affinity to it. Such a tool could be an 'old warrior' with much to teach, or more often, it could simply radiate neglect and melancholy.

When a tool is used everyday by someone for five/thirty years, it picks up on the art it's used on, the person who uses it, and becomes more 'deeply' what it is. If you know a guy who has a favorite hammer that he feels is an extension or 'part' of him, that's the kind of mechanism I'm talking about.

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben
A_NEW_GOLDEN_DAWN
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I totally agree! Old tools can be beautiful and very full of energy!
It relates to that Zen idea of the artist or maker imparting their energy to a piece. It only figures that the energy would affect/imbue the tool used also.
Any well loved and used old tool, kitchen tool (I LOVE THESE TOTALLY!!!), hand tool, mechanics, woodworking, paint brush, etc... can have this energy.

Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Great info and it will come in handy especially since I go to thrift shops on a weekly basis :thumbup:

redlisse
neophyte
neophyte
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: 's Classified.
Zodiac:

I have a paranormal treasure I acquired entirely on accident - through eBay, before I ever thought to look for things like this. I saw a vintage skeleton key, and just had to have it. I didn't pay much, but I could have gotten a similar/identical one for a little less. That wouldn't do, though; it had to be THAT key.

What am I going to do with a skeleton key? Afterwards I felt a little silly. But when the key got here in the mail, I was so surprised at how warm and soft it made me feel just to hold it. Now, thanks to CH and the community information here, I know that it's special, and it stays in my treasure box.

On top of that, real vintage skeleton keys are just cool.

I am Autumn. I'm not as new as I look, I swear! XD
Jimy
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 8192
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sexual entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Free
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: parajimy maybe
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote: What should I be looking for?

- vintage or antique telephones

With something like the telephone you may be able to hear "ghost" voices through the receiver of conversations over that phone long past, hear "ghost" ringing, and experience the temperature changes around it or the manifestations of haze or fog.
Oh wow! I'm just reading this and suddenly this makes me remember the story of a friend, who mentioned to me on one of our many talks about such things, that when her grandmother died, their telephone (an old one) would randomly ring at night, but nobody would be on it. It's amazing to find this here mentioned and have this confirmed, that such might have been really occuring.

Oh, maybe I'll ask her if I can have that phone ... that would be the start of my paranormal object collecting 1i

A male chatting with his succubus:
- You know, you are ridiculously attractive for a devil woman.
- I know, but thanks for saying so. Devil women have feelings too!
- Are you ... going to kill me?...
- Yes... but you'll enjoy it!
- ... ok!
Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I have a couple Victorian-era (made somewhere between 1865 and 1882) Masonic swords and an oak dresser that belonged to my great-grandma; and while I haven't noticed any particular physical manifestations, they do have some really nice energy attached to them

Return to “Paranormal Energy”