neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: forest creatures
If I could be anything, I would be...: invincible
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: That's a Secret!
Zodiac:

I have had four formal readings ever. I only ask for guidance. One was so wrong it was scary. One correctly predicted the number of marriages and children (palm reader) when I was quite young. But one, in 2005 by a fellow named John Williams in California (and if someone knows how to reach him, please tell Toni) predicted concrete things that were unlikely but came true: For example, a relationship with a man from Asia who was not Asian, a move to the North. When you meet the real deal, you know.

The Eight Tenets of Ritual Magick

1. Expect the unexpected;
2. Magic has no morality;
3. As above, so below;
4. There are no coincidences;
5. There is a choice that is no choice;
6. Change is the only constant;
7. Seize the day and there is a price to pay;
8. A true magician must transcend himself.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:There are a few reasons why I would get a reading, but they have nothing to do with predicting the future. I do it to get feedback on how I am doing, and if I am staying balanced, and if there are things I am not seeing which could affect my path. It is a way to be just a little less alone in my studies and efforts.
I agree with this:)
It's like a company asking a consultant group to assess the accounting or the human resource condition:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

I have only glanced over the initial post, but felt the need to respond.

I have LIMITED psychic ability. My abilities are limited mostly to tragic events and mostly limited to others. I can only ever see limited images of my own future....usually only when it involves a tragic event (such is the fate of a "soothsayer" I suppose).

The need to receive "good" news can almost feel like a necessity to someone faced with a seemingly unending procession of loss and pain. For someone who can see loss but never sees gain, I can fully appreciate the need to seek counsel from others with psychic ability. And the idea of seeking out a stranger makes sense if you consider it in more detail. A psychic needs to be objective...to detach themselves emotionally from the subject in order to accurately predict the future. If a psychic cares too much about the subject, they may blind themselves inadvertently.

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
Satan's Hellcat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, DA entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Multi-dimensional.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Satan's Hellcat
Zodiac:

Now, most folks are not gonna believe this, but okay...I don't care. I am NOT a psychic reader of anything, because I get flashes of the future which are very rare and very specific to the point it scares folks.I cannot produce them on demand for readings. My mother would not talk to me for WEEKS because I called her one night (I was in trance and did not remember) and told her "Count Ragtime has run his last race!" Then I hung up. The next day she called me. My uncle told her he had bought a race horse the day before, and while they were unloading him, he had reared up in his stall and cracked his skull on a beam and and to be put down. His name was Count Ragtime. Seeing the future is very difficult. I can see what I call 'time currents' and see which events will be likely, but it is rarely perfect. Also...the future is mutable. I know several people so powerful that they can change the future, or at least see several likely possibilities and choose the one they want to happen. I myself have changed reality twice. Once I broke my leg, but I could NOT have a broken leg at that time. So I changed it. Also, I hit another car and crumpled my back panel. I changed that, too. It has to be done as close to the original event as possible and requires a remarkable act of WILL.

MANY spirits of all types, entities, and some servitors. Massive amount of spells.
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

SEER777 wrote:I just finished reading a very long thread concerned with several members being scammed and receiving the EXACT same reading from a "psychic" who was purported to be very good. Comes to find out, she was a liar.
Now this gets me to my question, what is the appeal of receiving a reading from someone who:
A. Doesn't know you
B. Can't see you face to face-the way one connects with someones true energy
C. Is able to use generalized and cold reading techniques
D. Charges under $10, $20, $30?

Also, why the need to know your future? As someone who has a strong psychic gift in seeing/feeling/knowing the future I can tell you it doesn't work like this. There may be a few but very limited number of people who can not only read you from a distance but tell you a future that is not completely fraught with uncertainty. The future is not set. One decision by one of a myriad of people can change the entire outcome.

I don't want to step on any toes here but I must say this, by buying readings you are essentially paying someone to tell you what you want to here.
Example:
You like A but A likes B. However, B likes C and B will hurt A and A will come around since you will "be there" for A. Then A will realize how wonderful you are and how you have been and always will be soul mates. Simple, clean, and easy. If I was a moral less shmuck I could claim whatever I wanted and then follow the "cold reading" techniques all over the web and make a fortune. Being that I have morals I would instead like to warn all of you against using ANY psychic for reading of your "future." If you want a better reading go sit with a psychic face to face. Let her connect to your energy and give her ZERO feedback during the reading. I would like to give you an example:
2 years ago I was standing on my front porch with my brother and his friend. His friend had recently started a new relationship(one that he is still currently in) and suddenly I received a flash of a face. I didn't call it down, ask for it, it was just there. I responded to him and said she has short, brown curly hair and I placed the palm of my hand at the part of my neck i saw her hair cut to then said freckles. Apparently, I was exactly correct. His eyes got wide, ask me how I knew and I just said, sometimes I just know things. I don't know how. He left and never came back. It terrified him.
I tell this story for one reason, a psychic, a REAL psychic should be able to give you information that is like that. Not generalized, specific. Also, the information a psychic receives seems to come from a place that can't really be controlled. You will not and should not always receive answers to questions but instead receive information that is specific in nature:
Specific names are a good start. Here is my VERY FIRST and LAST reading I have ever done:
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... al#p100579

I would like to leave you all with this. One is not suppose to know their future. Regardless of how nice it would be to think that the guy/gal you are pining away for will eventually fall in love with you, or your major life change was the right one, there is only ONE real way to know, and that is time. Time will tell. Not a dime store psychic who charges $8 to see your future.

To live for the future is not living for today. Your choices today will determine your tomorrow. 2cents
The basic flaw in your thinking is that you are using a combination of:

1. Mediaeval Thinking - where you are making presumptions that don't really hold water:

A. You have no idea what most people want and why and when and how...because you are not them and "One Size either suits noone, or maybe one or two.

B. You do not know the desires, wants, and needs, specifically and most of the time generally as well, what other people think, want, and so on

2. Ultimately, your statements only work if you can explain the immediate and many subtleties of the subsets in the 4th Dimension.

3. Also, in this post-modern world, of grab and greed, of a n addictive desire to watch murder, killing, torture, and general warfare, of prices rising so high by deliberate manipulation by the generation of flash boys, fears of global warming, and endless warfare as predicted by George Orwell and H. G. Wells, the elderly being thrown into garbage cans called rest homes, and so on........fortune telling AT ITS WORST brings happiness to people you don't know nor care about, fortune telling at all times no matter how well or how poorly it goes, expands the "listener's" and the receiver's instinct and psychic growth.....

4. Lastly, can you prove to me that tomorrow wasn't yesterday.

So, I am left with the question of what positive issues do you have to post, and no I don't want to hear about your pet dog

The World is Real, it is not a computer game, I suggest you answer Socrates great question: "What is Truth?"

Caiyros

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

ALso, If you live only in what you call the present, why would you buy (or own or have) a winter coat to wear, until the snow has actually started falling....Same as going to the toilet...Why use a toilet or Urinal until after your body started throwing away some of its baggage?
C-

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Hysteria
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: upside down
Zodiac:

Psychic arts are subjective interpretations of the unseen, they are of value, but the problem comes when individuals elevate renowned psychic readers to a status of objectivity and omniscience far removed from their own inner guidance, ultimately damaging their sense of self & abilities. Readings should be thought of as manuals to explore, guidebooks to lead us to further uncover on our own, utilized actively instead of passively.

Used beneficially it can be likened to a path of sharing, tying together bits and pieces of a greater whole all shaped, sized, and colored differently. An expansion of your "map" to encompass areas only explored by others.

into my diamond matrix.....
Verita
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process

Witgar-deWyche wrote:
SEER777 wrote:I just finished reading a very long thread concerned with several members being scammed and receiving the EXACT same reading from a "psychic" who was purported to be very good. Comes to find out, she was a liar.
Now this gets me to my question, what is the appeal of receiving a reading from someone who:
A. Doesn't know you

Also, why the need to know your future? As someone who has a strong psychic gift in seeing/feeling/knowing the future I can tell you it doesn't work like this. There may be a few but very limited number of people who can not only read you from a distance but tell you a future that is not completely fraught with uncertainty. The future is not set. One decision by one of a myriad of people can change the entire outcome.

I don't want to step on any toes here but I must say this, by buying readings you are essentially paying someone to tell you what you want to here.
Example:
You like A but A likes B. However, B likes C and B will hurt A and A will come around since you will "be there" for A. Then A will realize how wonderful you are and how you have been and always will be soul mates. Simple, clean, and easy. If I was a moral less shmuck I could claim whatever I wanted and then follow the "cold reading" techniques all over the web and make a fortune. Being that I have morals I would instead like to warn all of you against using ANY psychic for reading of your "future." If you want a better reading go sit with a psychic face to face. Let her connect to your energy and give her ZERO feedback during the reading. I would like to give you an example:
2 years ago I was standing on my front porch with my brother and his friend. His friend had recently started a new relationship(one that he is still currently in) and suddenly I received a flash of a face. I didn't call it down, ask for it, it was just there. I responded to him and said she has short, brown curly hair and I placed the palm of my hand at the part of my neck i saw her hair cut to then said freckles. Apparently, I was exactly correct. His eyes got wide, ask me how I knew and I just said, sometimes I just know things. I don't know how. He left and never came back. It terrified him.
I tell this story for one reason, a psychic, a REAL psychic should be able to give you information that is like that. Not generalized, specific. Also, the information a psychic receives seems to come from a place that can't really be controlled. You will not and should not always receive answers to questions but instead receive information that is specific in nature:
Specific names are a good start. Here is my VERY FIRST and LAST reading I have ever done:
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... al#p100579

I would like to leave you all with this. One is not suppose to know their future. Regardless of how nice it would be to think that the guy/gal you are pining away for will eventually fall in love with you, or your major life change was the right one, there is only ONE real way to know, and that is time. Time will tell. Not a dime store psychic who charges $8 to see your future.

To live for the future is not living for today. Your choices today will determine your tomorrow. 2cents
The basic flaw in your thinking is that you are using a combination of:

1. Mediaeval Thinking - where you are making presumptions that don't really hold water:

A. You have no idea what most people want and why and when and how...because you are not them and "One Size either suits noone, or maybe one or two.

B. You do not know the desires, wants, and needs, specifically and most of the time generally as well, what other people think, want, and so on

2. Ultimately, your statements only work if you can explain the immediate and many subtleties of the subsets in the 4th Dimension.

3. Also, in this post-modern world, of grab and greed, of a n addictive desire to watch murder, killing, torture, and general warfare, of prices rising so high by deliberate manipulation by the generation of flash boys, fears of global warming, and endless warfare as predicted by George Orwell and H. G. Wells, the elderly being thrown into garbage cans called rest homes, and so on........fortune telling AT ITS WORST brings happiness to people you don't know nor care about, fortune telling at all times no matter how well or how poorly it goes, expands the "listener's" and the receiver's instinct and psychic growth.....

4. Lastly, can you prove to me that tomorrow wasn't yesterday.

So, I am left with the question of what positive issues do you have to post, and no I don't want to hear about your pet dog

The World is Real, it is not a computer game, I suggest you answer Socrates great question: "What is Truth?"

Caiyros

Caiyros

WELL SAID CAIYROS.

SilentMoon
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,Angel,Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

SEER777 wrote: Now this gets me to my question, what is the appeal of receiving a reading from someone who:
A. Doesn't know you
Normally I don't comment on threads like these, but I'm one of these charlatans or whatever. <3

My gift for long distance reading is as strong as my face-to-face, if not stronger. I benefit from automatic typing, and I give the purest reading this way. I am fortunate to be blessed with strong ancestors and my lwa who have given me my gifts. I'll invite my client to send a photo for connection purposes, but sometimes I'll even avoid THAT to give the most unbiased and pure reading. I know you referred to there being a few exceptions, but I think there are quite a bit of people who are gifted with long distance readings.

I emphasize to my clients that my readings are for guidance because they are in control of their own fates. My gifts come through from the dead, so I'm more of a medium. The dead have seen everything, so while they CAN predict the future, they can predict it just based on common human patterns and their own experiences--getting advice from an elder, in other words.

Some people who are getting started with reading might charge a lower price to build up practice and clients of course. I like doing quick one-card readings for people using my favorite deck, so I see no issue in charging so little per question. I found a sweet spot for myself and appeal to people in need of quick advice and guidance.

By comparison, my spell consultation readings are much higher, and could probably be higher in the future. Those benefit better from NOT being face to face since I'm moreso talking to spirit than connecting with a client, and then it gets kinda scary for a client who doesn't understand how my spirits and I connect.

I can't comment on the appeal from a client end (I haven't had a long distance reading yet beyond exchanges and they were great). But I think most of my clients like the convenience and discretion of it. Some are busy, some are shy, and I think both like to be able to go back and have something to study.

I do think some people are addicted, and I've had to cut off one client for this...

Visit my shop:
https://www.bonanza.com/booths/DarlingDarkling

Use ISAWITONCH for 25% off your purchase!

Return to “General Questions”