Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Seven Japanese taxi drivers from Ishinomaki report picking up fares that disappear. Ishinomaki was a coastal town devastated by the events of 2011; losing over 6,000 people. The tsunami claimed a reported 15,893 people, which means Ishinomaki makes up 37% of those who died in total.

Since that catastrophe taxi drivers are reporting being flagged by someone, they get into the taxi, tell them the destination, and disappear. The accounts of the taxi drivers is startling and since they had to pay for the ghost fares themselves there is no logical reason for them to fabricate these stories. When a taxi driver picks up a fare they start the meter, which is recorded by the company, and when the fares disappear the tab is left for the taxi driver to pay; an unwelcome and expensive surprise.

The accounts of the ghostly passengers was part of a graduate thesis by Yuka Kudo; a 22-year old student at Tohoku Gakuin University. She wanted to tell this story as its importance is far-reaching for not only those impacted by the tsunami, but for the spiritual resonance worldwide. “I learned that the death of each victim carries importance. I want to convey that.” Yuka Kudo is quoted. In her quest to discover any possible paranormal experiences she interviewed a hundred taxi drivers. Most of the drivers did not offer anything beneficial to her quest, or ignored her question, but seven of them recounted tales that would send a shiver up the chilliest of spins.
One driver said he picked up a woman in a coat in early summer, several months after the tsunami.

“Please go to the Minamihama (district),” the woman said.

He told her the area was empty — it had been devastated by the tsunami. Then, she asked a very strange question in a shaking voice.

“Have I died?”

The question was enough to make the driver turn to look in the back seat, but no one was there.
Another driver spoke of a man possibly in his 20s who climbed into his cab. He spied the stranger through the rear-view mirror, pointing forward. He asked the man for his destination and the ghost passenger said “Hiyoriyama,” which means mountain. When they arrived, the man vanished.
“Young people feel strongly chagrined (at their deaths) As they want to convey their bitterness, they may have chosen taxis, which are like private rooms, as a medium to do so.” Kudo is quoted.

The drivers did not seem shaken by their experiences, rather honored they should be chosen to be appeared to by these lost souls.

The drivers are not the only people to report ghostly sightings since the tsunami, ghosts have been reported spotted in areas impacted by the earthquake & tsunami as though they were in their regular, daily routine. There were 15,893 confirmed dead with over 2,000 more still reported missing. In a matter of minutes an earthquake and resulting tsunami hastily claimed the lives of so many unsuspecting citizens and visitors to the affected areas.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Ah yes, I've read about that stories as well, very interesting. Haven't had any paranormal experience related to that, though:)

In another story, there have been many exorcisms took place due to the tsunami as well.
The town of Ishinomaki has mixed feelings about the rebuilding. One shop owner believed that spirits were causing people rebuilding his store to become sick. One taxi driver admitted not wanting to pick up riders in one deadly part of the city because he worried they might be spirits. ... Shinto priests have been called in to clear certain areas of spirits and help them move on. At Buddhist ceremonies, many leave offerings in memory of the dead to hopefully find peace.
Over the course of last summer, Reverend Kaneda exorcised 25 spirits from Rumiko Takahashi. They came and went at the rate of several a week. All of them, after the wartime sailor, were ghosts of the tsunami.
I guess one reason is that Tohoku region, including Fukushima, is one of the most mystic places in Japan.
Even before the tsunami struck its coast, nowhere in Japan was closer to the world of the dead than Tohoku, the northern part of the island of Honshu. In ancient times, it was a notorious frontier realm of barbarians, goblins and bitter cold. For modern Japanese, it remains a remote, marginal, faintly melancholy place, of thick dialects and quaint conservatism, the symbol of a rural tradition that, for city dwellers, is no more than a folk memory.
source:
http://historiesofthingstocome.blogspot ... shima.html
http://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n03/richard-ll ... he-tsunami

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
eLuceo
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I had goosebumps reading about it. It will be interesting to read the thesis if it is being translated into English.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Nope, I guess it's not published in journals, unfortunately:I

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

I'd love to go there and be able to interact with those people, and the energy of the area would be nice to get to experience.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I am not sure I could interact with them comfortably. the main problem is the last few years, I get an intense high pitched ringing in my ears when confused spirits are present. I guess it is because they look for people who can help them cross over or give messages to their loved ones.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I had often wondered if there had been any kind of activity going on after the events in 2011 in Japan, so many lives had been lost during that time!!!! 1sa

Yet it still amazes me when I hear people still deny that ghosts and or spirits do not exist!!!! Then they get all freaked out when they have something happen to them that is of the paranormal kind!!!! 1tk

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector

Return to “Magnolia”