Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

UPDATE:

At this point in time we are going to do the following, this is strictly on the CH admin side of things, you can all still leave reviews or discuss issues with sellers on the Forum directly. Of course we always recommend contacting the seller directly for questions about purchases, shipping times, binding methods, etc.

These policies deal only with how CH admins will proceed in handling issues with sellers moving forward.

- If there multiple accounts with the same IP address the account holders will be asked for verification of individuality. The extent of the verification will depend on the account type.

- Any suspicious behavior reported will be addressed directly with the seller and if there is something to be concerned about then any appropriate action(s) will be taken.

- Any members here, or on ParaEcho, abusing the site in ways as to belittle or defame other practitioners or otherwise impede the interactions of other sellers will result in disciplinary actions.

- As always if there is ever a seller that has to be removed from here or PE then the community will be made aware.

Original Post:

Ash & I are born and bred libertarians. We have maintained an open Forum here since its first day in order to provide a comfortable place for anyone to enjoy all things paranormal. There are so many great people here and so many great sellers who got their start here. However, in light of events in the last few years with the issues related to fraud or dishonesty we have to take the responsible step of taking action with sellers on the Forum.

We are discussing what the changes will be and since this is a community we'd like to take a poll on how you guys feel about what should take place. We will leave the poll up for a little while and then make a decision.

These would be for both the Forum & ParaEcho.

This would be related directly to new sellers:
- announcing their sites/services/website
- posting items for sale
- offering events or services

Changes would include something along the lines of:
- must have established site/shop
- must have seller review thread with active responses
- must have site/shop on BOTP, Etsy, Bonanza, Facebook, eBay with legitimate reviews
- must prove some form of identity (not exactly sure how to vet outside of verification through BOTP)

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
SmilingBandit
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

While having only honest sellers around certainly sounds great, I imagine the prerequisites you mentioned would make it very hard for new sellers (as in people who are just starting out) to fulfill.

Perhaps some sort of badge that established shops can apply for might be a bit of both choices?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

What about a middle ground Mags?

Something like, sellers would need to answer a predetermined list of questions and such before being allowed to advertise.
Basically an option to allow anyone who wants to advertise to do so, but also require them to provide information (that has hopefully be fact checked) about themselves before doing so. That way people can still choose who they buy from for themselves, but would have the information necessary to make an educated choice.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

We are open to any & ALL suggestions! We will definitely make a decision based on all the feedback received.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Inanna
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons

Yes, why not require ALL sellers to answer the questionnaire here:
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 46&t=61658

אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
Zodiac:

I would prefer a simple innocent until proven guilty policy.

If i were to become a seller tomorrow, i would hate those restrictions.

We're meant to set an example for others to follow. The minority scammers have always fallen by the wayside and are often too stupid, lack knowledge, etc, to compete with CH and other sellers.

I disagree with these restrictions.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Witch
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Big Bird
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lard
My magical/paranormal name...: Ronald McDonald

Drake wrote:What about a middle ground Mags?

Something like, sellers would need to answer a predetermined list of questions and such before being allowed to advertise.
Basically an option to allow anyone who wants to advertise to do so, but also require them to provide information (that has hopefully be fact checked) about themselves before doing so. That way people can still choose who they buy from for themselves, but would have the information necessary to make an educated choice.
I like this idea.

Also, it may help in the future if one person weren't allowed to make 2 accounts. That could've prevented the pretense in the first place.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

We do have a rule about one person having two accounts, but when we contact them and they say they aren't one person they are two people living in one house how do we enforce that?

We're going to make changes based on the feedback in this thread so if you have suggestions or ideas speak up!

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
barbaricpoetry
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 63
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire, Dragon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

SmilingBandit wrote:While having only honest sellers around certainly sounds great, I imagine the prerequisites you mentioned would make it very hard for new sellers (as in people who are just starting out) to fulfill.

Perhaps some sort of badge that established shops can apply for might be a bit of both choices?
I actually really like the badge idea for trusted sellers, but still allow new sellers to advertise. That way people can easily tell that someone is established and trusted, but it still allows new sellers to get their foot in the door and get the reviews and everything needed to become established, eventually.

~Ari Silver

I fell in love with the universe 
the planets
the moon
and with the silence of the stars

In Your Blood: Angel, Vampire, Elf
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

REMOVED - DO NOT RETRY wrote:
WhimsicalSage wrote:I would prefer a simple innocent until proven guilty policy.

If i were to become a seller tomorrow, i would hate those restrictions.

We're meant to set an example for others to follow. The minority scammers have always fallen by the wayside and are often too stupid, lack knowledge, etc, to compete with CH and other sellers.

I disagree with these restrictions.
I do agree with the above. How will newbie conjurers be able to get the response and feedback they need in order to be on their path to becoming a well-rounded practitioner? We all had to start somewhere, and unfortunately it's very difficult to get the practice they need if people don't trust them for not answering a bunch of questions that they themselves may not be able to because they're just starting. Now I'm fully on with some form of contract/identity proof or such, and obviously anybody just starting out should not ask for much compensation in return for their services to start. Although I do believe that only honest sellers should be able to advertise on the forum, I'm not quite sure how that would be followed through.

People can still make fake identities. This is the internet, after all. This has been said before, but I'll say it again. "On the internet, nobody knows you're a horse."

Well take this list of questions for example: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 46&t=61658

A new seller should be able to answer those questions. Most are things the Practitioner in question should already know, the rest are things they have to consider if they want to start selling.
It's really just a matter of taking the time to get to know yourself, your methods, and what you want to do before you start offering things to others. Isn't that the least they could do?

It's not as if CH is the only place a person can advertise either, there are many other ways to do so, FB for example. Being able to advertise here is a privilege, not a right, so why would it be wrong to expect sellers to live up to a standard?

Return to “Messages & Updates”