How do hybrid species work? .. Dragon breeds question!!

kedmondston
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere and I've missed it, but I was just browsing the encyclopaedia and saw the Divine dragon entry, which is a hybrid of gold and black.

I have a (non CH) bronze dragon who is a hybrid of black and gold (so I'm told)

So I was wondering if I've been misinformed, or whether it's like for example people and hair colour - since 2 people can have children that are blonde and ginger, can the same dragon breeds create different hybrid species?

Thank you!!

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mmm not sure about that. At least for the CH's listing, the hybrid is the offspring of two different dragon races.

It might be better to confirm with the conjurer, whether the hybrid bronze is actually the offspring of gold and black dragons, or the mix of the colors gold and black, or having mixed abilities from gold and black dragons.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

kedmondston wrote:Apologies if this has been covered somewhere and I've missed it, but I was just browsing the encyclopaedia and saw the Divine dragon entry, which is a hybrid of gold and black.

I have a (non CH) bronze dragon who is a hybrid of black and gold (so I'm told)

So I was wondering if I've been misinformed, or whether it's like for example people and hair colour - since 2 people can have children that are blonde and ginger, can the same dragon breeds create different hybrid species?

Thank you!!
I believe a bronze dragon is not a hybrid, in CH's terms.
Their main colours are:
Gold
Black
Silver
White
Green
Blue
Red
Bronze
And Brass

The other dragons are all hybrids of these combinations.

In your case, you have to remember that sellers regularly have differing views and beliefs. And this goes for names of spirits. So what one seller may call a seraphim the other may call a power, which are both types of angels. Same goes for WA and DA, what one calls WA another may label as DA.

In your case, your bronze dragon may be a divine in CH's terminology, or something entirely different.

I hope that makes sense. :wave:

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

They're simply different names for the same thing based on the conjurer's preference and beliefs, like what Sage said. I don't much like CH's names for hybrids, because a lot of them also refer to different species of dragons and it gets rather confusing.

A lot of people have different ideas on hybrids and species themselves, as well: simply because they share colors and happen to be some sort of dragon, doesn't mean they will be at all similar; it largely depends on the actual species (Western is often tossed around as one big unified species, but tends to be more of a body-type descriptor to refer to any dragon of the two-winged four-legged variety based on those in European lore). There's also many cases, with different species, that what one would consider a 'hybrid' color in one species, such as purple, is not a hybrid in another species.

It's... really not easy to be able to speak on 'all' dragons, because some people who have worked with dragons for years will have utmost confidence in what they know to be right with a certain kind of dragon, yet another person who seems to work with the same (or very similar) species for just as long whose experience and knowledge vastly differ from what person A claims. It makes it hard to say what's true or not.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.

Return to “Dragons”