Starting out with DA

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
Cassiuscolossus
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Basilisk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kraken
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Iseult

So I did it. I took a leap of faith and ordered a basilisk as my first ever spirit :D Needless to say I'm excited and a little nervous too. I'm new to spirit keeping as a whole, not just to DA, but thankfully, some kind people on another thread reassured me that following my intuition is the right thing to do, and now I'm just hoping that everything will go well and that I haven't bitten off more than I can chew... I've already set up a special area in my room for them (lots of gold, nut shells and snake themes) and I've committed to doing as much research as I can before they arrive. So, on that note, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on anything from basilisks, to starting with DA or even just starting out in general. Honestly, anything would be appreciated, even just previous experiences or little anecdotes; I love hearing people's stories. I've already covered the absolute basics like setting house rules and reading up on their associations and how to connect with them etc. But, y'know, I don't ever think I can be under-prepared.

dragynraken
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: DRAGON, ALL FOXES
If I could be anything, I would be...: HAREM GOD
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: DRAGYN RAKEN
Zodiac:

Headache and feeling intense is normal or sometimes none.

ImageImage
Rai
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 145
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Drow/Centaurs/Alphas
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Serpentdragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rai
Zodiac:

Well, the closest thing I have to a Basilisk is my Lamia, lol However, I have plenty of DA spirits. You sound like you've got a good foundation. Be sure those house rules are detailed and firm, though. Like needing at least 3 complex affirmations before seeking to actively harm outside of necessary defense.

If you do have DA side effects(some do, some don't). Just ask the basilisk to dial it down a bit and increase it gradually until you adapt. Do try to pick up meditation if you haven't. Doesn't have to be complex. Just 15m a day quiet time is fine. The point is to just try and be receptive.

Here try some of NeoStarFire's techniques on Visualization. http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=41

Something I try to do for each of my spirits is to visualize a space "just for us". For example my Lamia. She has a nice sunny crescent beach, a beach house with heated floors, and beyond the beach house is a large hill with a giant stone slab. All places perfectly suited for a snake to stay toasty

After house rules, meditation, and visualization it is all up to you how you interact and learn about your new companion. Whatever is you is right. lol

I am also known as Ravechaosknight.

For a Lady Knight and maidens fair.
Jafora
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Blue Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Jafora Fenicai

I know it's hard when you're just starting out, but be confident! :) DA spirits like a confident keeper.

Make a list of things you would like out of the relationship with your basilisk, it will give you something to work towards while bonding with him/her.

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Just the fact that you've put so much forethought and planning into this should mean you'll do fine.
Also you made your choice based on a real connection to the creature rather than "it looks cool."
My spirit family is mostly DA, and I haven't experienced any problems that I could directly attribute to them.
You might want to check out this House Rules poster. http://shop.creepyhollows.com/product.p ... ctid=32409

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Alikat13
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Monster
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I started out with a DA or even BA being but that's because he was an unbound. Okay I went through utter hell and then right after I got WA beings :D he didn't like that at all (I had no intentions of provoking him I just really wanted WA 1sa
Things have gotten a lot better lately after I had him bound he's been a lot nicer towards me which I deeply appreciate 1ey

Image. Image I will not self-censor, I will write my dark truth[/size]
Being Both Soft And Strong Is A Combination Very Few Have Mastered
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

I think you'll be fine! Sometimes you have to acclimate to their energy but that usually happens very quickly. You should put some firm, house rules in place and be thoughtful in your work with your Basilisk. Luckily Basilisks are very loyal so you won't have any trouble making a friend at all :)

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”